MTV master of Ritz 88 now on Youtube

Hi there!

Just checking in......this is indeed this version i've released 12/30/2014:

"Ritz Destruction!!"
[Version #2: +1% Sharpness]

on youtube it looks very pixelated, caused by too much re-encoding when uploading on youtube.
you wont find these ugly pixelation on the 4,35gb DVDR version. Hunt for that one and get more happy!

Limulus

The best quality I've seen of this show is when I was there... :takethat:

really???? Now that is something to brag about!

yes indeed. had to sneak out my house but it was worth it

Why did he spit the dummy at the end of Rocket Queen? Do you know do you know do you know?

Would love an official un-edited blu-ray release of this show...

Video quality on DVD and Blu Ray look the same when it's videotape, film is another story. If someone wound up finding the source masters, they could have fun re-editing the whole thing, but who knows what kind of shape it's even in.

Edited by dalsh327

Video quality on DVD and Blu Ray look the same when it's videotape, film is another story.

Yeah, especially when it's only an hour long. A dual-layer DVD would have more than enough space to not have to compress too much data and video isn't gonna look better at 480p or 1080p.

Video quality on DVD and Blu Ray look the same when it's videotape, film is another story.

Yeah, especially when it's only an hour long. A dual-layer DVD would have more than enough space to not have to compress too much data and video isn't gonna look better at 480p or 1080p.

The soundboard being remastered for 24 bit would be the only reason to have it on Blu Ray. I've had this discussion with people who answered why some concert videos that were released on VHS were never released on DVD and Blu Ray, and they said the videotape quality the biggest reason why.

• Like 1

So this is the best version we have or there's a better one? I'm downloading it now but if someone can answer my question it'll be appreciated

This is the best available - it's from a promo VHS tape that MTV put out years ago.

The only way to get better quality would be to use the actual master tape from MTV, but no one has access to it. The promo VHS tape was duped directly from the master in SP mode, so this is pretty close to perfect anyways.

• Like 1

Video quality on DVD and Blu Ray look the same when it's videotape, film is another story. If someone wound up finding the source masters, they could have fun re-editing the whole thing, but who knows what kind of shape it's even in.

MTV must have it in their vaults. This was one of their biggest showcases they ever aired.

Thanks for posting. The show's patchy but great nonetheless, however I fucking love Rocket Queen from this show. Axl sounds amazing, then leaves for a cigarette ( :lol:) and the band sounds fucking sleazy and groovy and amazing, then Axl comes back for a little while and the whole thing is kind of laughable because you have these amazing sounding junkies and a singer who literally don't give a fuck, and it's the highlight (to me) of their most famous show.