Did Axl like it? I heard he did. I think his vocal over that would have been pretty fucking good...

Closest imo to GNR sound for a while and i will never tire of listening to it.. all thanks to Izzy and Slash. Look at the old family tree of GNR.. it's always been like this. I really hope the guys that play well together and write songs together get to just not give a fuck one more time and do it.. the past is just that.

When I first listened to that album, I was like, "wtf, this Ghost song is so incredibly good, on an instrumental level. The vocals are blah, but god damn! Nothing else on this album sounds like this song!"

Then I saw that izzy co wrote it.

• Like 1

When I first listened to that album, I was like, "wtf, this Ghost song is so incredibly good, on an instrumental level. The vocals are blah, but god damn! Nothing else on this album sounds like this song!"

Then I saw that izzy co wrote it.

It was originally a song from The Project/VR with Izzy:

Thankfully the vocals/lyrics got better by the time the self-titled album came out.

• Like 1

Im sure Axl would have heard all of Slash's Solo Albums, but where did you get the information that Axl liked Ghost or other songs from Slash?

I think Ghost, Crucify the dead, Promise, You're A Lie, Anastasia would have been good GNR songs

Alive from Adlers Appetite has a very close Appetite sound, Axl's vocals would have been perfect on them, even some songs from Back from the dead by Adler had a GNR sound to them

Edited by Slash787

Ghost is great. Slash and iZzy should play more together! It would be interesting to hear the VR demos with izzy. It must be better than contraband which is good but nothing more

Would be great if izzy would play rhythm and co-write on the next smkc album

Slash's solo album is the only good record he has made since quitting GNR. Wish he could go back to it instead of wasting time with that joke of a singer and songwriter Myles who's just ruining everything :shrugs:

Anastasia for example - some absolutely wonderful guitar work and so what? Then Myles comes in with his vocals and his lyrics and all I can think of is to turn the whole thing off :shrugs: The song is just ruined and it could have been a great one.

If Slash cannot stand cooperating with a decent singer for a longer period of time then he should go back to short-time one-off projects like on the solo record with some people of talent...

Edited by Asia
  • Like 1