Kurt Cobain Mocks Missing GNR Tour

Seagullview - I shall keep that in mind.

Thank you for the positive constructive criticism.

I will try and not sound like a broken record. It's just hard when we rarely have anything new to talk about.

Hopefully Axl will give us some new music items to discuss.

• Like 1

I will try and not sound like a broken record. It's just hard when we rarely have anything new to talk about.

Cool

Cool

story

It's well known Axl tried to help other bands out with their career and mainly keeping it together.

Axl had seen the ugly side of the buisness and went through his own drug related crap but he got through it and tried to help other guys.

Axl saw the poison in Kurts life which was drugs and Courtney, he tried to help him get out of it but was met with disrespect and mocking. I think that hurt Axl but maybe it wasn't his place to "fix" Kurt. Although maybe if Kurt listened he would still be alive. Things happen for a reason I guess.

Although interesting, this is a huge assumption.

I would dare say that Axl hasn't faired all too well either these past twenty years.

Fuck it. I'll just say what I think.

I think something is tearing up Axl Rose inside. It's not my place to say what or who is to blame, but I personally believe it's time for him to be honest with himself. I don't think he wants to release new music anymore. Quite frankly I think it's time for him to make an official statement on 'creative' retirement and extended Vegas Residency.

• Like 1

Cool

I just want to say that this is very cool of you two.

I completely understand the frustration of needing GN'R related things to discuss, trust me. I just wanted to say that I think it's great that we do have a cross-section of users who can users who can have a healthy debate and come out of it respecting each other.

Huzzah, kudos, right on and a tip of the hat to the both of you!

• Like 2

lol who gives two flying fucks what kurt had to say :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I do cuz the man was a fuckin' champion and worth a million of anybody around nowadays. Certainly worth a million Axl Roses. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, he came up in an era of a million Axl Roses and uh...less said about the career of those Axl Roses after he came the better ;)

I love Kurt Cobain and i will til my dying days. Champion lad. And just cuz we're on a GnR forum don't make the grass blue and the sky green.

Kurt and Axl are in the same league. Kurt was just more the media darling and as valid (perhaps) as some of his criticisms of GNR were, his band were just as hyped as GNR. In my opinion, Kurt was hypocritical in the way he was always taking shots at other artists who conversely did nothing other than compliment and praise him. He would give other bands shit for the very things that he was doing and that in fact, he was doing way more of.

Edited by Mr. Dude
  • Like 1

Good boy, Apollo!

I have ran out of likes so I'm quoting to give you props :)

Good boy, Apollo!

You could always send me presents too!

Kurt's trolling of Guns at the time was a spotlight agenda. Mock the most popular band in the world and receive headlines, articles, cardigans & odd socks. I like a few Nirvana songs although there first album IMO is garbage apart from two songs.

It's well known Axl tried to help other bands out with their career and mainly keeping it together.

Axl had seen the ugly side of the buisness and went through his own drug related crap but he got through it and tried to help other guys.

Axl saw the poison in Kurts life which was drugs and Courtney, he tried to help him get out of it but was met with disrespect and mocking. I think that hurt Axl but maybe it wasn't his place to "fix" Kurt. Although maybe if Kurt listened he would still be alive. Things happen for a reason I guess.

Although interesting, this is a huge assumption.

I would dare say that Axl hasn't faired all too well either these past twenty years.

Fuck it. I'll just say what I think.

I think something is tearing up Axl Rose inside. It's not my place to say what or who is to blame, but I personally believe it's time for him to be honest with himself. I don't think he wants to release new music anymore. Quite frankly I think it's time for him to make an official statement on 'creative' retirement and extended Vegas Residency.

Say what you want about Axl...but the fact is he's still alive.

Good boy, Apollo!

I'm a poor cat living in a cardbox. You should send me some Whiskas bags!

:lol:

Kurt's trolling of Guns at the time was a spotlight agenda.

Proof?

You do realize that at one point, Nirvana might have been the most popular band in the US. They didn't need to drum up publicity.

(My bad if you were just trying to be funny?)

Good boy, Apollo!

Are you cool with the 11-inch Whiska bags?

i just think both cobain and axl are/were massive pricks to be honest.

Probably the most true statement in this topic

Edited by Apollo

Proof?

You do realize that at one point, Nirvana might have been the most popular band in the US. They didn't need to drum up publicity.

Good boy, Apollo!

To be fair, your point could be construed as the proof.

Proof?

Good boy, Apollo!

To be fair, your point could be construed as the proof.

Which of the three!

1. I'm not a big conspiracy guy. If Cobain mocked Axl, I think it's probably because he genuinely didn't like the guy. No hidden agenda.

2. Not a very subtle reference/joke

3. From all reports, both dudes seem like jerks in real life

Oh gawd - the wankers have really come out in force on this topic.

In Kurt's defense, he never appeared on stage in his white underpants.

Valid point, but he did consider himself a feminist which is similarly ridiculous.

Edited by Mr. Dude

We love it when Axl speaks out against other musicians.............but hate it when other musicians speak out against Axl.

I never liked Nirvana's music, but give respect to the fact it did change the landscape of music at the time. Blame the mental illness all you want, but I have no respect for somebody who doesn't give up the drugs and chooses suicide when they have a child at homey when they have all the money and resources in the world at their disposal.

Manic depressives are at a high risk of suicide. 20% of bi polar attempt suicide. So it was on the cards.

We love it when Axl speaks out against other musicians.............but hate it when other musicians speak out against Axl.

I never liked Nirvana's music, but give respect to the fact it did change the landscape of music at the time. Blame the mental illness all you want, but I have no respect for somebody who doesn't give up the drugs and chooses suicide when they have a child at homey when they have all the money and resources in the world at their disposal.

Manic depressives are at a high risk of suicide. 20% of bi polar attempt suicide. So it was on the cards.

I was going to caveat my statement but didn't want to clog up too much space. But I suppose I have to now. Being rich doesn't prevent people from depression. But if you have a couple million dollars in the bank and you don't have to work for a living - then you have access to the best treatment possible. Instead of going that route, cobain got hopped up on drugs and shot himself. He could have gotten the best medical help possible for drug addiction and for his depression. The average guy doesn't have those options.

Robin Williams killed himself. But he at least tried for years, for decades, to overcome his afflictions. I don't know Cobains back story, but it doesn't seem like he was seeking out help. I think when you have a wife and baby that you need to at least make an attempt to get help. Go to rehab and kick the drugs. Get help for your depression.

If Metallica & Guns N' Roses and the edgier type of bands in the late 80's hadn't come along, Nirvana would have never made it. Kurt was immensely talented, I just hated the way he publicity hated on bands like Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains (Facelift released before Nevermind had possibly the best grunge sound of the era) Guns, and whoever...the fan's decide what to listen to, you don't decide & influence them.

Kurt may be the most overrated rockstar in music history

If Metallica & Guns N' Roses and the edgier type of bands in the late 80's hadn't come along, Nirvana would have never made it. Kurt was immensely talented, I just hated the way he publicity hated on bands like Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains (Facelift released before Nevermind had possibly the best grunge sound of the era) Guns, and whoever...the fan's decide what to listen to, you don't decide & influence them.

Kurt may be the most overrated rockstar in music history

I might have to agree, and I used to listen to Nirvana a lot back in the day.

It's sort of like Apple's success with the iPod, mp3 players existed long before the iPod and better mp3 players existed during the iPod but the iPod became the hip/cool/ most mainstream thus had the most commercial success. All those grunge bands named above probably are better in a lot of measurements.

Also on a side note, It's funny cuz if Axl shot himself in 1993 lets say he would be revered so much more a hero/saint or whatever than the villain he is now. It's widely known musicians who die young get viewed this way. There are a lot of emo/goth/wannabe deep rock music listeners who think Cobain was so deep and brooding, and glorify him killing himself. But Axl very much was and has proven himself to be every bit as eccentric/deep in my opinion even more so than Cobain, but these cheesy fans never really read between the lines.

As I have got older I have sort of distanced myself from Nirvana and Cobain in large part because of personal beliefs on suicide and being disgusted by it. But also I just find that kind of music so basic now, I like bands that are grander in scope and have lots of elements so grunge generally is out of that. I'm not saying there is nothing positive to find in Nirvana's music there obviously is merit. But in my opinion comparing Axl and Cobain's music direction/artistry/ambition/whatever is so night and day, In favor of Axl.

I can make a strong case for Axl being a bigger star then and still now over Cobain. Especially if you consider the suicide element which has helped a create mythical lasting Cobain figure which is just stupid honestly. And everyone knows Nirvana/grunge did not kill GNR, GNR died from within.

Edited by amacfantasy
  • Like 2

I was going to caveat my statement but didn't want to clog up too much space. But I suppose I have to now. Being rich doesn't prevent people from depression. But if you have a couple million dollars in the bank and you don't have to work for a living - then you have access to the best treatment possible. Instead of going that route, cobain got hopped up on drugs and shot himself. He could have gotten the best medical help possible for drug addiction and for his depression. The average guy doesn't have those options.

Robin Williams killed himself. But he at least tried for years, for decades, to overcome his afflictions. I don't know Cobains back story, but it doesn't seem like he was seeking out help. I think when you have a wife and baby that you need to at least make an attempt to get help. Go to rehab and kick the drugs. Get help for your depression.

He had been to many rehabs for drugs and prescribed all the meds in the world. I understsnd what you're saying tho. But he'd have to quit the rock n roll.

I'm saying it doesn't always work. Even on meds and off drugs there's no guarantee. Meds aren't a cure. Sure you can try but they do other bad things to you too.

With the instability of rock lifestyle. Just touring as a misery guts. Few bad flights, arguement a with your crazy wife. Hotel mini bar, meds, bi polar mania followed by depression. Each time is a lottery.

When he died he had antidepressants and all these other things in him. As I remember.

Even with the best of help and sober you're still bi polar. I think that's why suicide rate is so high.

I know someone with this and he was bad without meds, crazy shit. But on meds fine, his wife watches him. This guy has a normal life and he's at risk.

I mean the kind of habit he had there's almost no coming back from.