Do you still buy CD's?

Carne_asaDA

I only buy CD's and vinyl. A burned cd, or computer file just doesn't do it for me. It never has and it never will. CD's for the car and vinyl for home. Keep it simple folks, but not so simple that you lose the plot about what the listening experience is all about. Iif you sacrifice quality for convenience and portability then it isn't music. What you have then my friend is nothing more than product.

Edited by Mr. Dude
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'll buy a CD, but if I deemed the album to be worthy of buying it based on how much I like the band or just because I heard it on a stream and I want to buy the album because it was that damn good. For instance, I'm going to buy Mark Tremonti's new CD, Cauterize, 1st day it comes out, that's a guarantee. Will not tempt myself to listening to a stream beforehand. Want to buy it 1st day, listen to it with the best sound system I have at hand (which is my DVD player, atm. I'm cheap like that.), and will gauge my judgment from there. The same goes with Dream Theater's next album. I don't make this ruling for all the albums, I hear.

Edited by Anguyen92

I still buy CDs. I own about 400 CDs currently though lately I have been downsizing and letting go of albums I just don't play a lot.

Buying CDs has become expensive. There aren't any stores left, shipping costs are crazy and the digital alternative is cheaper; That said, I have only bought a handful of digital albums. But the time of blind buys is over for me, when I buy a CD I make sure it's a keeper.

I used to own a lot of vinyl as well but got rid of most of it and don't even have a record player left.

Either cd's or vinyl. I hate paying for a product that isn't tangible. Whenever I buy an iTunes only release I feel ripped off. I just love browsing through the booklet and staring at the cover when I listen to music. It really enhances the experience imo. I'm up to about 500 cd's now. I think maybe 80 vinyl LP's. Some singles.

• Like 1

YEs but just due to the curious happenstance of having bought a car with a CD player and not being bothered to pay 40 quid to get a new stereo that has the facility to plug my iphone into. Shows what an ignorant cunt i am really because i could spend 40 quid and have a library with 8,000 of my favorite songs on it but instead I'm going out and buying CDs and I've fuckin' ended up spending more than 40 quid already on CDs. And I'm getting em on the cheap off ebay. Once a fuckin' idiot eh?

I buy cd's, mostly live bootlegs, and recently got back into vinyl.

there is just somthing satisfying for me to hold physical product in my hands. must be a generation thing as my daughters could care less about having something to look at and prefer downloads. :shrugs:

Buying CDs has become expensive. There aren't any stores left, shipping costs are crazy and the digital alternative is cheaper; That said, I have only bought a handful of digital albums. But the time of blind buys is over for me, when I buy a CD I make sure it's a keeper.

Really? I have found the reverse, CDs becoming cheaper and cheaper. I use Amazon Market place a lot. I am into these budget priced boxsets that are prevalent these days, where you can pick up somebody's discography for peanuts. I recently bought all five of The Jackson albums for around a tenner.

Really? I have found the reverse, CDs becoming cheaper and cheaper. I use Amazon Market place a lot. I am into these budget priced boxsets that are prevalent these days, where you can pick up somebody's discography for peanuts. I recently bought all five of The Jackson albums for around a tenner.

For mainstream music yes, but I'm also into genres that have limited runs and you have to pay full price or else you'll end up paying more on the secondary market once they go out of print. I often buy from labels directly.