Have we seen the last live performance from Axl Rose?

Axl never cared about integrity. Back in the 90s he already wanted GnR to sell out and be the new NIN or PJ or whatever he thought would sound cool to the kids and sell more records.

He fooled a lot of people. He hired talented musicians, acted like CD was going to be an epic journey through music and art.

And then his disguise started to fade away (not talking about his ridiculous clothes). 80s rocker look, Ashba,tour promoting GH. It became clear Axl is a washed up rock singer and not the genius he and his fans believe he is.

With Axl in charge, GNR never evolved. He failed in every aspect during his comeback. And now he lies about music he will never release because he is too much of a coward to say: I fucked up.

He dint even care what would sound cool to kids, he just wanted to take over the GNR name and be the owner, he wanted to people work under him and do what he says, He thought he could be the next Trent Razor, but well Trent is a hard working person who releases albums unlike Axl.

Axl just wants to use excuses and keep on blaming people, I know some people will disagree with me and you, I won't take their names hahahaha, even with the hired members he had so much potential to make and release music but he din't do that, but still his loyal followers say he is correct and he is doing the right thing, the conclusion is Axl fucked up big time.

I think I don't really care anymore. And that makes me sad... :(

I think what is sad about that is that, it's what the majority of people here think. Some say it openly, and the rest are clinging on for dear life for some miraculous turn of events, where all their dream scenarios take place.

I will always be a fan of GnR, I love the old stuff, and I love the new stuff. But I really find it difficult to get excited about a band that's basically inactive even when it's active. It's almost a year on from Axl's Revolver interview, and we still have no clue whether new material is going to materialise, or not.

I don't understand why a band with such a ridiculously dedicated fan base seem determined to squander such a thing, no other band that I know of has over a million people (on this site alone) talking about them monthly, even when there's nothing going on!.

I'm very easily pleased! all that I would need is a interview from Axl stating that, work on a new album is, or isn't ongoing, and that there is or isn't a deadline that they are working towards... I mean, that's ridiculous in itself! That a vague (but honest) answer of the bands plans would suffice really says it all.

I think Axl can still perform. It's probably more that it's not the chemistry of the classic line up and how his voice sounds with them.

Okay a few songs are pretty hard but on most he sounds good.

It's just getting the record out. Haven't heard much from Jimmy Iovine.

Edited by wasted

Some pretty harsh comments in here, I'm not judging because I too share the frustration of Axl being so inactive and the lack of communication to the fans. M

I think Axl is still capable of performing to a high level but his motivation to do so must be at a pretty low level, maybe he doesn't give a shit anymore? I have no idea... However the longer get his hiatus goes the less chance there is of anything significant really ever happening.

Unfortunately Axl pissed away so many years oh his prime, that's the greatest dissapointment for me, he could and should have achieved so much more.

I have slowly come to the realisation that I may as well just enjoy what I have in terms of the music and shows we have access too, I don't think there will be a full reunion, I don't think we will get a new album, or anything beyond the remix stuff that I'm personally not interested in really...

I guess the best I could hope for is that Axl opens the vault and lets TB sell the UYI shows on blue ray or some shit like that.. At least I'd get to see more of Axl and the old guns in their prime, sadly even hoping for sonething as simple as this is probably pissing into the wind.

Unfortunately Axl pissed away so many years oh his prime

Everything that Axl has done since he became the sole owner of Guns N' Roses has been a disappointment. If you pay attention, everything he has done, failed. Everything.

While I don't think that everything was his fault, he is certainly someone to blame. However, in his mind, I'm pretty sure it was just other people's fault, never his -- that somehow, people were trying to put him down, playing him, blocking his success or some stupid bullshit like that -- which is why he continues to fail miserably. Looking at how things currently are, the whole "I don't give a fuck, I don't work for you, I don't owe you no goddamn thing" attitude doesn't help.

What does it take to... give a fuck? Your fans are still out there, waiting for that moment to happen, but Axl must be thinking "fuck them".

• Like 2

The only thing that would inspire Axl to get in shape again and train his voice again would be a reunion

Yeah, right...People really think a reunion will unleash some serious magic stuff on the band. It won't. We would have the classic band with a weak singer. Period.

Everything that Axl has done since he became the sole owner of Guns N' Roses has been a disappointment. If you pay attention, everything he has done, failed. Everything.

While I don't think that everything was his fault, he is certainly someone to blame. However, in his mind, I'm pretty sure it was just other people's fault, never his -- that somehow, people were trying to put him down, playing him, blocking his success or some stupid bullshit like that -- which is why he continues to fail miserably. Looking at how things currently are, the whole "I don't give a fuck, I don't work for you, I don't owe you no goddamn thing" attitude doesn't help.

What does it take to... give a fuck? Your fans are still out there, waiting for that moment to happen, but Axl must be thinking "fuck them".

It's pretty hard to argue with any of this.

I lost my (considerable) enthusiasm for Axl's GNR when DJ Ashba joined and they reappeared in 09...it seemed pretty much over to me then.

I hope to hear the rest of the CD stuff (hopefully unmolested, but I doubt that) one day but I don't have the heart to listen to or watch this band as it is.

• Like 1

Personally I think you can justify at least one more period of touring. CD has just begun to reach critical mass so I think the best strategy right now is to release a transitionary record- capitalize on the growing acceptance of CD with the remix record. No point in rushing the next studio album.

Personally I think you can justify at least one more period of touring. CD Axl has just begun to reach critical mass so I think the best strategy right now is to release a transitionary record- capitalize on the growing acceptance of CD with the remix record. No point in rushing the next studio album.

Corrected.

Remix album could be like GNR's Zooropa.

Maybe not complete remixes. Maybe some new versions of old songs like Oh My God, Silkworms, Going Down along with remixes of Better & Shacklers with new version of This I Love plus a couple of new ones like Atlas Shrugged & The General and throw in covers of Sailing and The Seeker.

Edited by wasted

Personally I think you can justify at least one more period of touring. CD has just begun to reach critical mass so I think the best strategy right now is to release a transitionary record- capitalize on the growing acceptance of CD with the remix record. No point in rushing the next studio album.

CD was released in 2008. We're in 2015. A 10 year gap in between albums for an "active" band is not normal, it is not "healthy" band behavior. It's not like "hey, it's all according to plan guys, release the Remix album now, and people will buy it, then in 2020, when Axl is almost 60, we'll release CDII" If Axl sounds like THAT now, I can't imagine what he'd sound like in his late fifties. He's got a choice to make: how he's putting an end to this. It's up to him. The more time he wastes, the fewer choices he's gonna have.

These guys don't capitalize on shit... Going down made a little noise when it leaked what did they do? Nothing. Revolver awards? Nothing. Duff reuniting for some shows? Like it never happened. Axl getting number one on that singe chart thing? Axl talks about giraffes.

Why not release going down as a single when it leaked fuk it it's already out there, put it on iTunes in a quality version with Axl louder. I woulda bought it. And I don't think I've ever bought a song off iTunes

• Like 2

These guys don't capitalize on shit... Going down made a little noise when it leaked what did they do? Nothing. Revolver awards? Nothing. Duff reuniting for some shows? Like it never happened. Axl getting number one on that singe chart thing? Axl talks about giraffes.

Why not release going down as a single when it leaked fuk it it's already out there, put it on iTunes in a quality version with Axl louder. I woulda bought it. And I don't think I've ever bought a song off iTunes

Great point, they've had shit loads of opportunities over ages now. Time with duff, golden gods, the chat show that Axl appeared on, GET SOMETHING DONE

Great point, they've had shit loads of opportunities over ages now. Time with duff, golden gods, the chat show that Axl appeared on, GET SOMETHING DONE

Ah yeah he came out on jimmy kimmel that was a pretty big thing for gnr standards. I think he did pretty decent to crowd was loving him. But yet again they made no use of it by releasing anything I hardly remembered he came out on kimmel and I'm a did hard.

I agree with you somewhat but please keep in mind that even though people don't agree with Axl decisions the huge part of GN'R fanbase absolutely loved Chinese Democracy, myself included. I think it's a killer record, sure critisism can be made, but overall I think it's a really great record. He's had some great tours in the last 10 years, especially 2006/2007, 2009/2010 so not everything failed. But it did fail in the grand scheme of things, I give you that. All things considered, despite the lack of promotion, videos or singles Chinese Democracy is still the highlight of new GN'R.

Chinese Democracy has a lot of Axl Rose in it. I'm not saying it's as good as the old material (nothing is) but I find it rather strange that someone would consider Axl's previous work among the best of all time and his latest a piece of shit. The disparity isn't as big and I'm sure the verdict has been and always will be hugely dependant on outside factors that have nothing to do with music.

Edited by Sisyphus

On an ordinary day

Not in an ordinary way

All at once the song I heard

No longer would it play for anybody

Or anyone

That needed comfort from somebody

Needed comfort from

Someone who cared

To be not like you

And unlike me

And then the voices went away

From me

Somehow you set the wheels in motion

It haunts our memories

You were the instrument

You were the one

How a body took a body

You gave that boy a gun

You took our innocence

Beyond our stares

Sometimes the only thing

We counted on

When no one else was there

On an ordinary day

Not in an ordinary way

All at once the song I heard

No longer would it play for anybody

Or anyone

That needed comfort from somebody

Needed comfort from

Someone who cared

To be not like you

And unlike me

And then the voices went away

From me

Somehow you set the wheels in motion

It haunts our memories

You were the instrument

You were the one

How a body took a body

You gave that boy a gun

You took our innocence

Beyond our stares

Sometimes the only thing

We counted on

When no one else was there

Catcher is crap, sorry to break it to you like that

• Like 3

No chance though if it somehow is the last we see of Axl, it was really nice to see Axl reaching close to the 2010 heights towards the end of the residency even though the album is about four years overstaying its focus in the ''new'' section of the band's touring. The band was steady as ever though very mechanical and going thru the motions, which is understandabale. They've had so much potential to get together and release several albums of material to release and tour but Axl just can't knuckle down and do the dirty work. I'd rather have another record than ever hear Axl sing live again by about a million points.

Edited by RandallFlagg