Have we seen the last live performance from Axl Rose?

'99 Catcher is the tits, kills me to think of the unheard stuff.

Me too. I sincerely hope Axl releases more new music soon. And what's this apparent leak of "Going Down" sound like anyway?? I fucking missed that one. I'm always late to the fucking party man... Anyone mind clueing me in??? Please?????

Me too. I sincerely hope Axl releases more new music soon. And what's this apparent leak of "Going Down" sound like anyway?? I fucking missed that one. I'm always late to the fucking party man... Anyone mind clueing me in??? Please?????

Soundcloud :) It's a pretty nice tune, Tommy on lead vocals with Axl doing harmonies in the background. It's very chill, very Izzy.

On an ordinary day

Not in an ordinary way

All at once the song I heard

No longer would it play for anybody

Or anyone

That needed comfort from somebody

Needed comfort from

Someone who cared

To be not like you

And unlike me

And then the voices went away

From me

Somehow you set the wheels in motion

It haunts our memories

You were the instrument

You were the one

How a body took a body

You gave that boy a gun

You took our innocence

Beyond our stares

Sometimes the only thing

We counted on

When no one else was there

Catcher is crap, sorry to break it to you like that

Catcher is the best song of the record for me, helps I fucking love the novel but I feel it does an incredible attempt at capturing the strange essence of a strange story.

• Like 2

Soundcloud :) It's a pretty nice tune, Tommy on lead vocals with Axl doing harmonies in the background. It's very chill, very Izzy.

Thanks!! Cool tune. Axl should finish it and release it...

Edited by Crowebar

These guys don't capitalize on shit... Going down made a little noise when it leaked what did they do? Nothing. Revolver awards? Nothing. Duff reuniting for some shows? Like it never happened. Axl getting number one on that singe chart thing? Axl talks about giraffes.

Why not release going down as a single when it leaked fuk it it's already out there, put it on iTunes in a quality version with Axl louder. I woulda bought it. And I don't think I've ever bought a song off iTunes

If Axl wrote a song of the Nightrain, YCBM or Locomotive caliber then it´s worthy. Going Down is ok but it won´t make any impact outside forums

Axl has to forget making any sort of impact at this point, and I think his inability to do that is a big reason why we have so little music. Axl has never appeared to me a self-motivated person. He's motivated at times, sure, but always in a negating way, to prove someone wrong or something. IMO, CD was delayed primarily because Axl kinda knew the music wouldn't vindicate him. Now, in 2015, no one gives a shit at all and there's really no chance for him to ever stick it to the people who said he couldn't do it. Why bother, then? He's not in it for the art. He's in it for the fight.

Edited by magisme
  • Like 1

Scrolling through this thread its nice to see the positivity on display...

Positive, as in slagging off Duff for, ehh, ''being in GN'R''?

Not at all, he still receives checks from GnR so technically he's in the alumni.

The solo in Riad is cool as hell. As far as Axl throwing in the towel, I don't think he's ready yet. I think he finally has what he wants, a bunch of guys willing to do whatever HE wants to do when HE says it's time to do it. Is the next album gonna take awhile, there's no doubt, but it will be before he gets back on stage with Slash. I predict a 2018 release on a new GNR album with new material, and a much as it pains me to say it, I don't think we are ever going to get a reunion. They would need to do it in the next 5 years and that clock is ticking.

If Vegas shows were to be the last shows of Axl's career (or life) he'd be mentioned to have gone with a bang (great vocals) but at the same time having wasted the chance to gift the world with one last real Gn'R show. So hopefully we'll still have Axl around for quite a few years mind-blowing us still with his (bloated..hehe) presence, charisma and unique vocals.

Rock on Mr. Axl 'the legend' Rose and Don't Cry

Edited by trqster

If you were in a band and your "fans" mostly talked about you being fat and criticized every performance to a fault would you guys be motivated to play and release new material?

Makes you wonder if they are all 'fans' , they're are a hell of a lot who won't say a good thing about Axl or GnR whatever happens

• Like 2

If you were in a band and your "fans" mostly talked about you being fat and criticized every performance to a fault would you guys be motivated to play and release new material?

Makes you wonder if they are all 'fans' , they're are a hell of a lot who won't say a good thing about Axl or GnR whatever happens

GNR fans would have a lot less to complain about if Axl actually released music once every couple of years like practically every other popular band and artist. Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

People love to criticize and bash everything nowadays. Remember in the late 80's/early 90's, ironically when Guns was ruling, how people were different for the better?

Makes you wonder if they are all 'fans' , they're are a hell of a lot who won't say a good thing about Axl or GnR whatever happens[/quoteGNR fans would have a lot less to complain about if Axl actually released music once every couple of years like practically every other popular band and artist.

It definitely sucks there isn't more music out. But, it doesn't make for good reason to make fun of a singer you love to hear. And all the shit about the different line ups, pfft. Glad I can appreciate it all and not be a putz bout it.

People love to criticize and bash everything nowadays. Remember in the late 80's/early 90's, ironically when Guns was ruling, how people were different for the better?

Makes you wonder if they are all 'fans' , they're are a hell of a lot who won't say a good thing about Axl or GnR whatever happens[/quoteGNR fans would have a lot less to complain about if Axl actually released music once every couple of years like practically every other popular band and artist.

It definitely sucks there isn't more music out. But, it doesn't make for good reason to make fun of a singer you love to hear. And all the shit about the different line ups, pfft. Glad I can appreciate it all and not be a putz bout it.

:rofl-lol:

No, I'd be motivated to lose weight and improve my performances.

Do you know why people talk about Axl being fat and not singing well? Because that is literally the only fucking development in this band in the last 5 years!

"Hey Steve, remember we saw GNR in 2010? Wanna go again?"

"Hmm maybe. Do they have a new album out?"

"No"

"But there's one on the way?"

"No"

"Are they playing any new songs?"

"No"

"So will it just be the same show we saw 5 years ago?"

"No, actually Axl's fat and can't sing now"

Annnnnnd /scene

You seem to have fans mixed up with ego-boosting, brown-nosing ball-suckers who will constantly tell Axl that his shit doesn't stink. Axl already has enough of those in his life and pays them very handsomely for it.

Edited by tomfriend
  • Like 3

Weird perception. It's like if you don't bash Axl, then you're a ballsucker. I don't agree with a lot of things, but it doesn't make me hate or trash the guy. The show I saw in AC in 2012 was up there with any live show I've seen (coming from a Rush fanatic). Hanging out with the band in the foundation room was cool too. Too bad for those that don't know how to enjoy what is!

• Like 1