Apocalyptic Love vs. World On Fire

Towelie

Which is the best Slash/Myles/Conspirators album?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

World On Fire for me. It may not have anything as brilliant as Anastasia, but the overall quality of the songs is better, even if it is at least 3-4 tracks too long.

The best from AL to me are You're A Lie, Anastasia, Standing In The Sun and Not For Me

The best from WOF are Beneath The Savage Sun, The Unholy, Wicked Stone and 30 Years To Life.

Edited by Towelie

Its hard to choose cause both of them have some good songs and some songs which I don't like.

Best from AL - Anastasia, You're A lie, One Last Thrill

Best from WOF - Bent to fly, WOF, Wicked Stone, 30 years to life

Apocalyptic Love has one thing going for it - the songs flow well together even if individually they're not that good, similar to how AFD works. Like, I can't imagine ever feeling the need to listen to It's So Easy or One Last Thrill by themselves, but they're great in context of the album.

WoF has more standout individual tracks, but also a lot of awful filler.

Anastasia is the best song on either album.

All in all I vote AL, because if I had to choose one to listen all the way through right now, I'd go with that.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

I would have said it would be really hard to beat Apocalyptic Love. Its really great.

But honestly, now that I've lived with World On Fire for a year, I think it is stronger. The better songs are better, and even though its longer, its kind of hard to find bad songs. I think at most you can really find 3, and I think everyone's least favorites will be different. I think they really upped the ante with World On Fire, and thats not a knock to its predecessor which was excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

you were right it doesn't have a real stand out track like Anastasia but overall WOF is the better record...i think it has a bit more replay value

picked up a physical copy of WOF a month ago but i really hate they put it in a cardboard slip...my disc already has some scratches

Edited by -HollywoodRose-

If you removed 5-6 tracks from WOF, it'd probably be the better album. As it stands, there's just too much fillershit.

So just removing some songs make it the better album. Why don't you skip them.

Adding some songs to make an album stronger, yeah, that's reasonable.

Which songs 5 songs would you remove?

So just removing some songs make it the better album.

Yes. If AFD had the same 12 tracks, but also had 18 tracks of pure filler garbage, it'd be a much worse album.

I'd remove Stone Blind, Too Far Gone, Iris of the Storm, The Dissident, Safari Inn

• Like 1

So just removing some songs make it the better album.

Yes. If AFD had the same 12 tracks, but also had 18 tracks of pure filler garbage, it'd be a much worse album.

I'd remove Stone Blind, Too Far Gone, Iris of the Storm, The Dissident, Safari Inn

I like Too Far Gone, but agree with the rest. Would be OK if Too Far Gone was cut too, just to make it more of a reasonable album length. It does get tough to listen to in one setting around song 12 or so - regardless of the quality of songs after that point.