Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

No matter what happens, the only thing I know for sure is that CD2 will be the the least wanted album Axl ever released at this point. If he does indeed pick that album over a reunion. They might as well start it out at dollar tree, don't even waste best buys time, same goes wal mart. In not trying to just bash the album some of you are just dying to defend, but seriously (except a few hundred people in this forum) nobody wants that album. These reunion rumors have just further buried the knife in its back. If Axl seriously tried to release another nugnr, it will get less than zero support.

It's like VH releasing a 2nd Cherone album, nobody wants that Shit...,

It's not like VH at any level.

I just want to hear new music by Axl Rose. If that include Robin/bucket/may/slash great, least wanted album? are there other choices to pick???

No matter what happens, the only thing I know for sure is that CD2 will be the the least wanted album Axl ever released at this point. If he does indeed pick that album over a reunion. They might as well start it out at dollar tree, don't even waste best buys time, same goes wal mart. In not trying to just bash the album some of you are just dying to defend, but seriously (except a few hundred people in this forum) nobody wants that album. These reunion rumors have just further buried the knife in its back. If Axl seriously tried to release another nugnr, it will get less than zero support.

It's like VH releasing a 2nd Cherone album, nobody wants that Shit...,

It's not like VH at any level.

I just want to hear new music by Axl Rose. If that include Robin/bucket/may/slash great, least wanted album? are there other choices to pick???

But that's exactly my point, yes their are some people (mainly on this and other forums) that do what to hear CD 2, but that's it. Nobody else will give a rat's ass about a guns album that doesn't have slash on it, they just wont. But to some people, having them get what they want (CD 2) is more important to them than having Axl regain his dignity, which I am not one of those people. I would much rather have axl find piece and happiness with himself, his reputation, and his legacy and never release another new song again. Lets face it, the only way he can find peace with himself and his legacy is to do a reunion. If it doesn't happen, his story will not have a happy ending. It will be the sad story of a former famous rock star that never had a family and never found peace after his initial success. Its literally one of the worst 2nd acts in music history, at least guys that died didn't have the chance to redeem themselves, axl thus far has refused to, thus living haunted by his past and never being able to escape it. It's almost a fate worse than death imo. He has to find peace, he has to have his redemption, he has to have a reunion. Not just for the fans, but for himself even more. Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

Did Axl actually fire (but then reinstate) TB (or Beta at least) last year sometime? Was it around the time divorce proceedings between Slash and Perla started? Maybe they both had a moment of clarity for some reason...

Truth is that shortly after Slash dishes Perla, he gets back in talking terms with Axl... What a coincidence!

But to some people, having them get what they want (CD 2) is more important to them than having Axl regain his dignity, which I am not one of those people. I would much rather have axl find piece and happiness with himself, his reputation, and his legacy and never release another new song again.

That's insane. Truly.

But to some people, having them get what they want (CD 2) is more important to them than having Axl regain his dignity, which I am not one of those people. I would much rather have axl find piece and happiness with himself, his reputation, and his legacy and never release another new song again.

That's insane. Truly.

No it's only logical. Axl doesn't have anything other than his music. He isn't married, he never had kids (that we know of), he has nothing else to really bring satisfaction. Which if he had released CD and CD 2 under a different name or under his own name, than it would be different. But since he wanted it to be guns n roses, means the new band will always be haunted by the old band. So I just don't see a way for it to ever bring Axl real satisfaction. Sure he can be happy with the music they make, but the public will always compare it to old guns. Which Axl can't handle that, that's why he had to be "shielded" from things by beta. Which says to me, he isn't at peace with himself, his band, or his legacy. When the old band was on top, he didn't give a shit what anyone said about him, but now he is sensitive to it? Why??? Because he isn't at peace. Which can only be achieved imo by either retiring, starting a family, and completely getting away from music. Or by making peace with his past, and doing a reunion. Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

CD2 is something too old, not marketable, completely old-fashioned. It was recorded more than 15 years ago ! People who are waiting for it are delusional.

CD2 could only be released successfully if Slash plays on it. But that's not what nugnr fans want, right ? They want Buckethead and Finck on the record. It'll bomb. Even with Slash on it, it can bomb.

Edited by My Name is Trinity

Did Axl actually fire (but then reinstate) TB (or Beta at least) last year sometime? Was it around the time divorce proceedings between Slash and Perla started? Maybe they both had a moment of clarity for some reason...

Dougie said there was a rumor Axl fired everyone after they released the blu ray without his permission. So he was reaching out to Axl and saying Slash playing with MJ is the thing that caused the split.

Of course all wild speculation.

CD2 is something too old, not marketable, completely old-fashioned. It was recorded more than 15 years ago ! People who are waiting for it are delusional.

CD2 could only be released successfully if Slash plays on it. But that's not what nugnr fans want, right ? They want Buckethead and Finck on the record. It'll bomb. Even with Slash on it, it can bomb.

Completely agree. CD was just a mess, now add 7+ years of Axl adding layers of power chords and synths to the "big guns" he, lol, saved for the second part.

Slash can do nothing to save this record. The songs are probably just as average as CD songs, no good choruses, bad production, stupid lyrics... Slash hasn't written anything musically interesting either since Contraband but at least he's not a pretentious, delusional dictator who thinks his records are more important than the second cumming of Jesus.

Slash can do nothing to save this record.

A record you've never heard. Even Axl and Slash don't know if Slash can "save" it. You don't even know if it needs to be saved.

All we know is it's similar stylistically to Chinese, and that Bucket, Robin, and Brain were heavily involved.

Personally I believe Slash has the potential to improve an Axl song if he's inspired. Axl inspires Slash and vice versa. I'll need to first hear what it sounds like, any potential collaboration before I can judge the quality of the music.

With CD 2 being CD leftovers, and Axl himself saying if you don't like CD that you wont like the next one, the material is doomed to only satisfy the few Axl diehards. The supposed next album does not have the wild anticipation that the first had. Most don't want to hear more of that shit.

With CD 2 being CD leftovers, and Axl himself saying if you don't like CD that you wont like the next one, the material is doomed to only satisfy the few Axl diehards. The supposed next album does not have the wild anticipation that the first had. Most don't want to hear more of that shit.

Axl himself said it's not leftovers. CD ll is just the second part of one album.

You don't know how CD ll will sound, or any Axl song really, with Slash's input. You don't know if you'll like it either. If they'll never try, we'll never know.

That goes for starting from scratch album, a reworked CD ll with Slash and Duff on it, or half Axl songs and the other half Slash. We have no idea.

But yeah, if CD ll comes out, you probably won't like it.

Edited by Rovim

Like I said, considering that Axl said you won't like it if you like CD, and that most of the rumored material was recorded before CD came out, it is safe to say that it is CD leftovers and like that album. And no, I won't like it because I think CD is shit.

That whole "part 2" thing is funny though. Part 1(as it has come to be known) spoke about nothing and giving it some trilogy label won't change any of that. You can't polish turds although I'm sure years will be spent trying to polish it up.

• Like 1

Like I said, considering that Axl said you won't like it if you like CD, and that most of the rumored material was recorded before CD came out, it is safe to say that it is CD leftovers and like that album. And no, I won't like it because I think CD is shit.

That whole "part 2" thing is funny though. Part 1(as it has come to be known) spoke about nothing and giving it some trilogy label won't change any of that. You can't polish turds although I'm sure years will be spent trying to polish it up.

It spoke about a lot of things actually. And to support your argument you say "Axl said" when it comes to not liking the next one if you didn't like Chinese, but when I point out Axl said he always viewed it as a double, one album, suddenly it's "funny".

I don't know why it's so hard to believe. Illusions were divided in very much the same way going by how Axl described CD ll. He just released only the first half of the project. I think he'll at least attempt to release the second half of Chinese.

And like I said, Axl and Slash really inspired each other in the past. We don't know what any kind of collaboration will sound like between them today.

Edited by Rovim

So wait...if CD 2 is the other half of CD then we haven't even heard CD yet! We can't judge a movie by the first half of a 16 chapter book by its first 8 chapters!

Drop the reunion! Let's find out what happens.

We can judge it in the same way that, say, we could have judged UYI 1 if UYI 2 never came out.

This is a good example imo, cause stylistically Axl said Chinese 1 and 2 are similar, and Illusions are similar to one another and it makes sense cause Illusions are one record, and Chinese 1 and 2 are one record. Both double albums.

So...if I only had UYI 1 to listen to, I'd probably get the picture, but not all of it. I would have November Rain, but not Estranged. Don't Damn Me and Coma, but not You Could Be Mine and Civil War.

Are there songs on CD ll that are in the caliber of There Was A Time, Catcher, Better, Street Of Dreams? hopefully we'll know next year or the year after that.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

Guys get a fucking life, will you?

If they have songs on the side and are doing a reunion, they eon't release them solo, but bring them all to the table and work on them for a GNR recird.

And I mean all - Slash, Duff, Axl, Izzy/Gilby who ever is in the band right now.

Unless Slash record has went to far by now...

But what is CD:2 sounds better than a reunion album?

Exactly zero people believe that is possible or are worried about that right now.
I very much doubt that. Considering we have no idea if Axl & Slash talked. Edited by wkuk04