Rate Chinese

9/10

Loved the anticipation ahead of release and it hasn't left my stereo since 2008. I got into Guns through the first few albums, yes CD doesn't sound like a tradition Guns N' Roses album but I enjoy all the tracks in someway, I hope the Prostitute outro leads us onto the first track on CD:2.

9/10 - not a 10 because I really can't get into ITW, or at least not all the time. The others songs I can listen day in day out.

Especially TWAT which is (based on my iTunes' most played list) the song I've listened the most in my (iTunes) life apparently.

I just love it.

Great album, but it's hard to grasp that what we have isn't even the 100% final product :-S

9/10 Absolutely phenomenal record that never got its justice

How did it never get its justice?

Lack of promotion by the band and Axl... Aside from Rolling Stone most reviews torpedoed it and were far too focused on the album's financial history as opposed to what was on it.

I feel that it's a record that a lot of people only started to appreciate once the "high expectations" storm quieted down and people were willing to give it a try. Don't forget that "Chinese Democracy" became a joke long before the album dropped.

• Like 1

Lack of promotion by the band and Axl... Aside from Rolling Stone most reviews torpedoed it and were far too focused on the album's financial history as opposed to what was on it.

I feel that it's a record that a lot of people only started to appreciate once the "high expectations" storm quieted down and people were willing to give it a try. Don't forget that "Chinese Democracy" became a joke long before the album dropped.

How could the band promote it if there was not a band?

• Like 1

It became cool for smartarses to diss CD around time of release and before with the jokes about how long it took...and "Where's Slash". I bet even a few smartarses listened to it and liked it although they won't admit it because they don't want to appear uncool. They still buy Nickleback albums though.

It became cool for smartarses to diss CD around time of release and before with the jokes about how long it took...and "Where's Slash". I bet even a few smartarses listened to it and liked it although they won't admit it because they don't want to appear uncool. They still buy Nickleback albums though.

Looking rather salty.

Songs I love: Better, Street of Dreams, Catcher in The Rye, I.R.S., Madagascar

Songs I like: Chinese Democracy, There Was A Time, This I Love, Prostitute

Songs I think are okay: Shackler's Revenge, Riad N' the Bedouins, If The World, Sorry

Songs that I don't like: Scraped

Not sure what score I'd give it as far as a number goes

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

Songs I think are okay: Shackler's Revenge, Riad N' the Bedouins, If The World, Sorry

if the world is like that song i should think is bad but for whatever reason i really like it and Buckets solo is pretty cool aswell

Edited by -HollywoodRose-
  • Like 1

if the world is like that song i should think is bad but for whatever reason i really like it and Buckets solo is pretty cool aswell

I can really get down with it. I just don't listen to it as much as other songs from the album. It has a unique style I appreciate

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

7/10 good record with some major oversights - too much going on, some songs could have been dropped, some songs ere a little too long, too much shredding on every instrument available etc.

on the flip side, some great songs, great hooks, great vocals and brilliant performances from all the individual players.

Docked marks for over production and some tracks that just aren't that good.

9/10. Overall great to me - just started listening to it this year. Only real turn off-ish moments for me are first verse in Riad and 'dont want to do it' in Sorry. Outstanding for me is the run of ITW and TWAT. Love how it feels when the solo starts in ITW and TWAT is probably one of my favorite songs now.

• Like 1

The album is out there. It's available on every single streaming and digital platform in the world.

Maybe.. just MAYBE... very few people like this garbage turd of an album.

Well you may feel it's a garbage turd, and that's your opinion. It's a great album regardless of whether or not Slash is on it.

It didn't get it's justice because other than Dr. Pepper, there was little promotion around it. I know Azoff wanted to sabotage it but, I expected music videos and more exposure from the mass. It'll never happen but oh well...I'll always enjoy it.

I do concur with this point. Although Azoff sabotaged things, Axl clearly had a "we're doing this my way or the highway" and those things tend to backfire, which it did. He ultimately didn't help himself but at the same time, this was a tough record to promote because of it having the "Guns N Roses" attached to it..

How could the band promote it if there was not a band?

True...Was finck even in the band at the time? I emailed Brain at the time and he told me he had no clue if he would be a part of the future or not..

I had hoped touring would start in the summer and they could work it out,release some videos and kick some ass but unfortunately i was left dissapointed. Shocking I know..