Why no CD lineup conjecture?

If the talks of a new music are true, it would surely just be more from the Chinese Democracy era.

Why hasn't there been more gossip or hope of Robin, and way less likely Buckethead, rejoining the fold?

The only 2 players gone are strictly live show guys (DJ & Ron). Bumble contributions on CD are jack shit, so don't get technical.

Makes sense to me. Robin is free. The rest of the CD era guys are intact. They wanted a 2 guitar approach, anyway.

Thoughts?

Because nobody asked them so they can't say no in sudpicious double negative ways.

I think it's just because the CD era touring went, where you are left wondering if matter who is touring. I havent done the math but 80% songs are old band? So why not have Slash and Duff for the tour and take the money?

It's not what I would choose. I'm all for Finck and Bucket returning to tour CD and CD II material. Even Dj and Ron.

Theres something cool anout the original line up reunion or just getting Slash and Duff back.

Fortus and Frank seem to think they could be involved. There seems to have been some kind of thing they thought they were involved in.

I think no has asked Finck because promoters and agents and fans and musicians have been talking about a classic reunion, the CD era is over for them it seems.

If you ignore all that reunion smoke. Axl has been hanging with Pitman. Fortus, Frank, Dizzy all seem on board if needed. It's true if they put out CD II touring with Slash would be bizarre. But stranger things have happened and seriously how many new songs off the next record will they play? Rumor has it Fortus has some songs so maybe it will be his songs and Slash playing on the 3 songs Axl wanted him on. Slash and Finck with Fortus would be badass line up with Duff, Dizzy, Frank, Pitman.

This way fans would get the reunion tour and Axl would get to put out CD II with support from Slash and Duff, boosted by Finck and Fortus.

Is it nuts? No it's insane!

That's why no one asked. But still it could happen in a paralell universe. Or even in this dimension next year.

• Like 1

Because Bucket is and always has been less likely to rejoin than Slash. His ideals are so far removed from Axl and GNR's that it's a miracle he ever joined the band and graced us with his work in the first place.

Robin, idk. If the reunion talk fizzles out I could see a return being a possibility.

• Like 2

That is basically true, even if some CD songs work live I doubt many are going for the new material. I was, maybe there are some, but majority are there for old songs. That's why reunion rumors and promoter offers are there.

How much Axl is willing to accept that or how much he is willing to give up on CD II it's impossible to say. Last interview he was saying CD II and remix done, then 2 guitarist who probably arent on CD II quit. Kind of makes sense.

But then the reunion offers come in. Slash is friends again.

The hybrid line up allows the material to come out and the "reunion" to happen. Some kind of reunion.

Like a transitional line up until they record a reunion record with Izzy on board in 2020?

People saw Slash's new Guns tat and heard the comment he made during that mysterious interview. Duff played full shows with Axl. 3 members left.

Promoters are jizzing in pants. It's understandable. Adler is making suicide threats which means everybody is on board, if Axl is on board, and he could be, so if he is, Robin who? most people never connected with what Axl tried to do.

Nostalgia is a bitch. Still, there are a lot of options for Axl. A full reunion is just one. He can find in my opinion a better way to keep new Guns going for a few more years if it's still on.

Shitstorms are nothing new to him, best avoided, but only if possible. I don't believe he'll compromise his musical integrity for anything, but that's just me. So it all hangs on where Axl wants to take his band next. Not a lot of juice left in this machine, so I hope whatever he does will feel right. Don't let it be an artificial compromise between nostalgia and what he really wants to do as an artist.

If he really wants to collaborate musically with Slash and Duff again then cool. But...

Release CD ll, and then everything else. If a live reunion is the idea, just for shows, then Axl will have to deal with Adler's mom or it'll be pathetic and probably not worth it anyway, and I just can't see that happening.

Axl doesn't want to get sued by Steven again. He doesn't trust him, but without him there is no real Guns reunion. Izzy, Slash, and Duff as well.

Edited by Rovim

A CD line up would require Brain and Paul Tobias as well as Robin and Buckethead. Those are the members who wrote and worked on what could become CDII.

And if Axl got them all back together to release and promote a 'new' album, the rest of the world would still shrug and ask what happened to the Slash and Duff reunion.

But considering they contributed nothing, it probably is easier to release more of that music with Bumblefoot and Ashba out of the band. CDII should have come out this year, No tour, just get it out of the way as a bookend to this era, and then start 2016 with a clean slate for the reunion. Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda: The Definitive Story of Axl Rose and GNR.

• Like 1

Bucket would never join, IF Robin joins then he will tell TB that only to make a touring contract for 2 years or so, he would never join back full time to record his own rerecorded stuff.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say Guns is dead to Bucket. He's at 200 pikes almost. I don't think he even remembers Axl's face.

I don't know, they can tour without the AFD line up. They can tour without Slash. Axl would just have to release CD II maybe or get another guitarist or leak a song to fuel the tour.

That's the problem. They arent broke and dont need to do anything and can tour without a reunion. But it's a nice bit of money to just tour with Slash and Duff. Duff has already done it.

I would prefer the AFD line up at Vegas but that kills CD II or future hybrid touring.

Do you Slash can join Axl's band like Duff did for a reunion tour?

I don't know, they can tour without the AFD line up. They can tour without Slash. Axl would just have to release CD II maybe or get another guitarist or leak a song to fuel the tour.

That's the problem. They arent broke and dont need to do anything and can tour without a reunion. But it's a nice bit of money to just tour with Slash and Duff. Duff has already done it.

I would prefer the AFD line up at Vegas but that kills CD II or future hybrid touring.

Slash will do it in a heartbeat imo. Even if it means learning tapping.

Slash will do it in a heartbeat imo. Even if it means learning tapping.

You mean just sign on as a hired hand almost. No strings to me is easier. Then maybe play a few CD songs. Tour CD II even lay down a few solos real quick. Then get out there and play in front of GNR fans. Do The Godfather theme after Live n Let Die. Axl's way or the highway. Yeah do it. CD II would soon be toured and they can hit the studio with Izzy to do a record.

Still believe that "not in this lifetime" is not in this lifetime. So i'll be glad if Robin and the CD are back.

Great point!

I don't know why, but I feel like an original (Matt instead of Steven) reunion would only be a few primo gigs. Definitely can't see them writing a record together.

The thing people are missing is that CD2 and possibly CD3 are in the can for the most part.

I can't imagine any of them even considering getting back in the epic frustrating clusterfuck that is post-2000 GnR.

If you take a closer look at every ex member projects and prospects you realize that GNR is a good place to be if CD2/CD3/Tour is taking place.

Brain doing almost nothing besides some soundtrack video games and a beat or 2 on a Taylor Swift hit.

Bucket not touring, only releasing tons of Pikes.

Tommy - nothing

Frank - he's playing in a bar

Robin - nothing, NIN is on hiatus too. Plus 0 input on records.

Tobias - ???

Bumble - playing in India and Israel

Duff - a couple of gigs from time to time on a supergroup

Edited by Russel Nash

if CD2/CD3/Tour is taking place.

If those would have taken place within a normal timeframe they wouldn't have left in the first place.

Regarding the chances of them happening now, I'd bet against it.

I doubt anybody outside this forum even remotely cares about or wants CD2.

Edited by username