Famous Swiss cartoonist Zep caricaturates Axl

I don't find this amusing at all. Guess some people like being mean. I wonder if his soul is as ugly as his art work.

If you don't like these don't go to the MS Paint thread, i heard they have demons posting, legion and shit.

I just think his art work is ugly. But that's just my opinion. I like anime with cute images.

I don't find this amusing at all. Guess some people like being mean. I wonder if his soul is as ugly as his art work.

He's not that bad.

Lately he even killed his main character in order to raise awareness about the war in Syria & the refugee crisis.

http://zepworld.blog.lemonde.fr/2015/09/08/mi-petit-mi-grand/

Edited by Chuzeville

He's not that bad.

Lately he even killed his main character in order to raise awareness about the war in Syria & the refugee crisis.

http://zepworld.blog.lemonde.fr/2015/09/08/mi-petit-mi-grand/

That stuff isn't so bad. But just didn't like any of his rock star caricatures. I like funny caricatures not mean ones. just my.02

What does the actual narration say?

No one thought rock would live this long... and that there'd be no retirement for rockstars. That's why there's costumes... that don't fit too well with old age. Hum. Would you let your grandmother date Ron Wood? The show must go on... but okay. One word of advice to the young starting out in rock. Do what Jack White did: go for an old look. 'You'll be all ready for 2050.'

Or something similar.

• Like 1

No one thought rock would live this long... and that there'd be no retirement for rockstars. That's why there's costumes... that don't fit too well with old age. Hum. Would you let your grandmother date Ron Wood? The show must go on... but okay. One word of advice to the young starting out in rock. Do what Jack White did: go for an old look. 'You'll be all ready for 2050.'

Or something similar.

IMO this is blatant ageism and not satire. Like it or not we are all going to get old. I have a pretty sick sense of humour, but I think these caricatures crossed a line. I find them to be somewhat offensive to all the rock stars, not just Axl. my .02

• Like 1

Or something similar.

IMO this is blatant ageism and not satire. Like it or not we are all going to get old. I have a pretty sick sense of humour, but I think these caricatures crossed a line. I find them to be somewhat offensive to all the rock stars, not just Axl. my .02

They are actually much clever cartoons than your girlish, ''somebody is being mean''. If anything you could argue it is a commentary upon the fact that the biggest selling popular live artists are basically the same acts that were around in the 1980s, 1970s, 1960s. And it is a fair point. What are the biggest live rock acts? In loosely descending order, Stones, AC/DC, Sabbath (reunion), Kiss, Axl - and some who are not in that cartoon such as Springsteen, Waters and Aerosmith. The live arena/stadium rock scene is virtually identical to the scene in those former decades. Rock at some stage became fossilised and now exists as a sort of museum collection of wrinkly specimens that the public peruse with a strange but awkward reverence (after emptying their wallets at the door). There is nothing reinvigorating about the genre.