The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Stevie from Tuff / Metal Sludge suggested that the original group might do the first couple shows - then the traveling band would take over. So Izzy and Adler for presumably Coachella. Then Frank and Fortus take over to finish the tour. Maybe izzy and Adler do some special guest slots during the tour.

Sounds plausible.

• Like 1

Stevie from Tuff / Metal Sludge suggested that the original group might do the first couple shows - then the traveling band would take over. So Izzy and Adler for presumably Coachella. Then Frank and Fortus take over to finish the tour. Maybe izzy and Adler do some special guest slots during the tour.

Sounds plausible.

I agree that it does sound plausible. Would make Adler's dream come true, without placing him at too much risk. And Izzy would have the freedom to show up as and when he feels comfortable with.

Sounds plausible.

That would satisfy a lot of people. Main thing would be get Izzy/Axl/Slash/Duff in the studio together. Adler would hopefully be able to keep his shit together for that as well.

I doubt in new material, new album to be more specific. The Conspirators will remain Slash's main project, even with in this situation we have. It's just 2016, they will earn enough money and that's it. Everyone will go back to their business.

Edited by Ralphelmo

I doubt in new material, new album to be more specific. The Conspirators will remain Slash's main project, even with in this situation we have. It's just 2016, they will earn enough money and that's it. Everyone will be back to their business.

nobody knows.

if they're happy playing together, anything can happen, even a new album.

Sounds plausible.

I think this would be ideal.

I was watching the RnRHOF induction video a couple hours ago and it was so obvious how happy Adler was just to be up there playing. Would be very cool for him to take part on a stage that big. I don't see counting on him for a whole tour, though, like others have said.

Is slash playing the HOB in vegas on NYE or the day before?

Would be a great chance for Axl to share the stage, possibly duff and Izzy too.

The day before NYE was today ;)

• Like 1

I think I am the ONLY ONE on here saying Original 5 since day one while everyone else was force fed some hybrid bullshit theory. Steven and Izzy WILL have their moment in the sun

I don't think Izzy cares about a moment in the sun. I do hope he wants to do something in the studio with the old gang. I will be glad for Adler if he gets to play on the big stage with everyone else and especially if they let him play on an album.

• Like 1

Sounds plausible.

That would satisfy a lot of people. Main thing would be get Izzy/Axl/Slash/Duff in the studio together. Adler would hopefully be able to keep his shit together for that as well.

I don't know if that was Stevie. It may have been a random poster on the Sludge boards. If the AFD 5 only do a few complete shows,well those will be some lucky fans that get to witness that.

I think I am the ONLY ONE on here saying Original 5 since day one while everyone else was force fed some hybrid bullshit theory. Steven and Izzy WILL have their moment in the sun

I don't think Izzy cares about a moment in the sun. I do hope he wants to do something in the studio with the old gang. I will be glad for Adler if he gets to play on the big stage with everyone else and especially if they let him play on an album.

As of now even the reunion hasnt been confirmed or suggested or talked about by the band management and the members.

I dont think an album can even be suggested at this point. Axls clock works differently. Do not expect anything.

As Axl said... "One nightmare at a time".

Sounds plausible.

I don't know if that was Stevie. It may have been a random poster on the Sludge boards. If the AFD 5 only do a few complete shows,well those will be some lucky fans that get to witness that.
it would be awesome

I liked when people said the hall of fame was the last chance at a reunion haha yea the biggest reunion in rock is going to take place on a HBO broadcast in front of a small audience for next to nothing in return....

Looking back on that Axl made the best decision ever, the anticipation for the reunion now is much higher for it.

I think at the time it seemed like the only way. I was a big proponent of it. A GNR reunion legitmately seemed like it would never happen. Cause let's be honest, to sing that material, it had to be before Axl turned 60, and it just never seemed likely. So while I didn't want the Hall to win, I thought it was the best chance to bring the band together. Induct them when its NOT forced. First ballot was stupid. It wasn't even close then, and it wasn't like they had to hurry. They don't owe it to the Hall, but the Hall had done it before. It had a good track record that had they waited enough time, it seemed like the biggest most respected thing they could have set aside their differences for.

No one knew it would turn out this way. I've been following Slash since his 2010 solo career started. Right up until this new album, and I NEVER thought we were even close yet. He was so happy and the band was great. Axl was still touring. There seemed to be no reason. Honestly, thinking about it now, its still hard to believe it till I hear it from the horse's mouth. Really step back, and say a year ago, I had no idea this was even in the pipeline. Its actually amazing we're this far, let alone the reunion actually being imminent. By all accounts, this really should have never happened. I never thought there'd be a time Axl would admit defeat enough (like he'll have to with a reunion) and that Slash would be happy enough to go along with it.

Its been said before, but if anything I think this really does prove that MONEY will heal all wounds eventually. Almost sad to say, but its such the truth even though I don't want to believe it. If it can bring about what could be the best thing ever, hell I guess I have to take it.

• Like 1

As of now even the reunion hasnt been confirmed or suggested or talked about by the band management and the members.

I dont think an album can even be suggested at this point. Axls clock works differently. Do not expect anything.

As Axl said... "One nightmare at a time".

Whilst I don't share the same negativity and doubting attitude that most of your posts have, I kind of agree on your sentiments about a new album. Mainly because of the fact that Slash has already got an album in the works with Myles and the Conspirators.

There is no reason he couldn't do an album with both, but imo that would be highly unlikely.

Not sure if it was mentioned already, or if it even matters at this point - but Slash's website has been down all day today. Possibly getting a revamp for the "not-technically-a-reunion-but-still-kinda-is" reunion? Or did someone DDoS the shit outta it?

I truly wonder how obvious it gets before they just say "fuck it" and it comes out. In a way we're already there, but do they really wait another week before it comes out. Seems its bound to slip up at this point.

Sounds plausible.

How bad-ass would it be if we get the Big 5 for the final show? Talk about an epic conclusion! :axl::izzy::slash::duff:

Like... would Axl do this if his voice wasn't on point? Would he do it just to give closure even his voice is a raspless shell of the glory days? I want to believe but... I'm so scared.

If it's not 2010 good I'm gonna be so crushed. GNR was always differentiated from being the sad eternally touring nostalgia trip that characterizes basically every 80's band. Don't kill your legacy.

Is this whole thing stressing anyone else out?! Haha.

Edited by Ant