The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Like... would Axl do this if his voice wasn't on point? Would he do it just to give closure even his voice is a raspless shell of the glory days? I want to believe but... I'm so scared.

If it's not 2010 good I'm gonna be so crushed. GNR was always differentiated from being the sad eternally touring nostalgia trip that characterizes basically every 80's band. Don't kill your legacy.

Is this whole thing stressing anyone else out?! Haha.

Maybe that's part of the reason they're doing stadiums instead of arenas/amphitheaters? Fewer dates so Axl's voice has a better chance of holding up?

How many dates were they doing on the last couple tours?

I've been following this story since page 1, and while I am fucking thrilled that Axl, Slash, and Duff are reuniting, I find myself wanting to hear the other 2 albums worth of music that Axl has. Would love to see him release them as solo albums. Perhaps after the reunion touring when Slash tours with the Conspirators, and Duff does Loaded, maybe Axl can tour with Tommy, Richard, Frank, Pittman, Dizzy, and new guitarists under his solo project.

Bottom line, I still want to hear the unreleased material from nuGNR.

• Like 3

I liked when people said the hall of fame was the last chance at a reunion haha yea the biggest reunion in rock is going to take place on a HBO broadcast in front of a small audience for next to nothing in return....

Looking back on that Axl made the best decision ever, the anticipation for the reunion now is much higher for it.

my head will explode Scanners style.

Reminded me of this

https://youtube.com/watch?v=E1jf2hOkec4

• Like 1

I've been following this story since page 1, and while I am fucking thrilled that Axl, Slash, and Duff are reuniting, I find myself wanting to hear the other 2 albums worth of music that Axl has. Would love to see him release them as solo albums. Perhaps after the reunion touring when Slash tours with the Conspirators, and Duff does Loaded, maybe Axl can tour with Tommy, Richard, Frank, Pittman, Dizzy, and new guitarists under his solo project.

We don't know that we won't. This could very well still happen.

• Like 1

That's my dream as well. New music please!!!

This brings so much controversy along with the amazingness.. I mean Axl made his first show in my town back in 2014, Brazil, and kicked off the crowd a guy that was holding a sign asking for Slash to be back. I wonder how much time it took to change his opinion.

5:39

Edited by Duwz

That's my dream as well. New music please!!!

Completely agree.

I would like this released unchanged, ie with Bucket, Finck etc.

Would hate for this to sit in the vault forever.

This brings so much controversy along with the amazingness.. I mean Axl made his first show in my town back in 2014, Brazil, and kicked off the crowd a guy that was holding a sign asking for Slash to be back. I wonder how much time it took to change his opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIm_G13Ev4s

5:39

I'm going to defend Axl here by saying he likely wasn't offended by the sign personally but instead felt it was disrespectful to the current guys in the lineup.

I'm not trying to say anyone's right or wrong but I imagine this is the stance Axl would take.

• Like 1

Maybe new music did have something to do with it? I can see Axl not digging what Ashba and Bumblefoot were bringing to the table, going through some old Izzy demos, talking to Duff about it, and then deciding to bite the bullet and call the man in the top hat, who he'd always wanted for a few of the ChiDem-era songs.

Or maybe it was all Limp Bizkit's doing.

Regarding Izzy, I can see him turning up to Coachella just so he could do donuts in the desert en route.

I think everyone in the band would love to play with Adler, but I still think what Axl said in '09 hasn't changed:

"Steven brings assorted ambulance-chasing attorneys and the nightmare of his mother. One gig, or even a couple songs, could mean years of behind-the-scenes legal aftermath.”

Even a seemingly ironclad contract can be disputed by shysters.

Hopefully Sorum gets to bust out YCBM for a few shows.

Hopefully Sorum gets to bust out YCBM for a few shows.

This would be the chance to hear Adler bust out YCBM. I've always wanted to hear how that song would sound with Steven.

Sorum wrote the little intro fill, but yeah, this is the UYI song I've always been most curious to hear Adler on. I doubt it'd happen though with Sorum still around and sober to boot.

While I'm happy to see Slash back in the band, there was always a part of me that wanted the reunion to be a surprise at a nuGNR gig just for the shock factor. Being there for Duff's impromptu return at The O2 in 2010 was surreal and the crowd went insane. Of course that'd never happen with Slash since nobody would want to see anything but Axl+Slash afterwards, but it'd be pretty funny if people logged into the boards after a gig one day, expecting to see a thread with "same setlist, nothing new", and instead being greeted with "HOLY SHIT SLASH...... still the same setlist, though".

I wonder if Axl ever was seriously considering turning up for the Slash & Myles Kennedy gig in Buenos Aires last year or that was just wishful thinking from Mitch Lafon?

Maybe new music did have something to do with it? I can see Axl not digging what Ashba and Bumblefoot were bringing to the table, going through some old Izzy demos, talking to Duff about it, and then deciding to bite the bullet and call the man in the top hat, who he'd always wanted for a few of the ChiDem-era songs.

I hope your right. It reminds me of something I think Downzy said (apologies if it wasn't) when DJ left, something along the lines of "for those wanting new music, DJ and BBF leaving isn't necessarily a bad thing."

Not sure if this was posted, but Vicky Hamilton posted this on FB in the comments to the article she shared about the reunion:

10639469_10153124505946923_4801695685680

For all you disbelievers here the text Slash sent me saying he didn't know how all the rumors got started. I think he probably signed some legal papers saying he would not talk about the tour until they announced the reunion tour...anyway, enough...I didn't lie...your hero did. Be happy, you are getting your reunion tour....honestly life is too short for this petty bickering

Not sure if this was posted, but Vicky Hamilton posted this on FB in the comments to the article she shared about the reunion:

For all you disbelievers here the text Slash sent me saying he didn't know how all the rumors got started. I think he probably signed some legal papers saying he would not talk about the tour until they announced the reunion tour...anyway, enough...I didn't lie...your hero did. Be happy, you are getting your reunion tour....honestly life is too short for this petty bickering

Just as was expected by most of the reunion-believers

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

goddam i got lost somewhere between the past 62 pages...

Dont worry. 362 pages over zero confirmation... all rumors. The best thing that came out of it... recent Axls pic. Thats it.

You need ro climb out of your ass dude, what the fuck is wrong with you?

he's obviously a t-roll. just ignore him.

goddam i got lost somewhere between the past 62 pages...

Dont worry. 362 pages over zero confirmation... all rumors. The best thing that came out of it... recent Axls pic. Thats it.

he's obviously a t-roll. just ignore him.

I prefer 'party pooper'.