The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

John Corabi and Marco Mendosa say in a new interview, The Dead Daisies plan to record a new album in 2016, they have some "cool things cooking" -- "It looks good for next year."

Considering Richard and Dizzy are both in that band.

Wait.....what?

How in the hell can this be possible?

Band members are talking about the band's plans for the following year????

Don't they know how damaging this could be to the band? How fans will turn against them and the media will crucify them if those plans don't happen?

This really is career suicide for the Daisies. Career suicide.

any day now....

Simmer down hater.

The initial interview said "days away"........that was only 14 days ago. Typically when people say something is "days away" it extrapolates into meaning 75-90 days. .

not really a hater, just indifferent.

Complaints, complaints, complaints - get your Welcome to the Jingle shirt; play your slot game; drink your Budweiser; bide your time while celebrating the 'integrity'.

exactly

nothing changes except a couple of members and a sharp increase in ticket prices.

• Like 1

Complaints, complaints, complaints - get your Welcome to the Jingle shirt; play your slot game; drink your Budweiser; bide your time while celebrating the 'integrity'.

exactly

nothing changes except a couple of members and a sharp increase in ticket prices.

Best post of the topic.

Unless there is new music. Then I'm all in!

exactly

Best post of the topic.

Unless there is new music. Then I'm all in!

if there was new music i would do a backflip its really all i care about.

I want new music more than anything out of the band too, but for years members of this board have cried and cried about a reunion, and now it seems more likely than it ever has, and people are shooting the idea down and complaining about the thought. Honestly, part of me is baffled, and the other part is not surprised at all.

• Like 2

I want new music more than anything out of the band too, but for years members of this board have cried and cried about a reunion, and now it seems more likely than it ever has, and people are shooting the idea down and complaining about the thought. Honestly, part of me is baffled, and the other part is not surprised at all.

I do not think you should be surprised at all. Was this fan base ever unified? In 1988 perhaps?

At every stage GN'R fandom fragments. This 'hybrid' solution has merely split the reunion lobby in two!

The thing is that it will not be new music that is released. It will be old music or musical parts from the past that were not used that would go into future releases.

we have nothing but years and years of touring hearing the same songs over and over again, why would a semi reunion with nothing new make people jump for joy? oh good we get to hear welcome to the jungle again, but slash is on guitar! that will last how long seriously, 3 or 4 shows? then when they cash their checks and go on to do whatever where are we? back to fucking square 1 just arguing and talking about how they rotated a song or two or switched the song order by playing november rain after nightrain instead before. a new album gives us infinite things to talk about, discuss, and debate.

Edited by bran

Could be that they are two different groups that have always differed on the subject.

For me personally I've always wanted new music over a reunion. 100 times out of 100 times, from 1999 until today.

My real complaint will be if Axl uses the reunion as an excuse to not release music again or as an excuse to delay the release of any new music.

If he planned to release CD2 in 2016 but is now going to shelve it so a half reunion band can tour for the next two years - that disappoints me as an Axl Rose fan.

Axl, Slash and Duff have performed on stage together several hundred times. Without new music seeing then play together for the 426th time really doesn't excite me much.

I do not think you should be surprised at all. Was this fan base ever unified? In 1988 perhaps?

At every stage GN'R fandom fragments. This 'hybrid' solution has merely split the reunion lobby in two!

To true GNR fans, a hybrid isn't a reunion. A reunion is the original 5, or at least some version of it. You've got to have axl slash Izzy duff, and at least one of Steven or Matt, preferably Steven. For the general public, to have Guns n Roses, you need axl slash and duff. Anyone else is a bonus.

Personally, just to see axl and slash on the same stage playing together, maybe even seeing a hug, I think people will go nuts. I think there's potential for new music and I think they should do that but, even if they release new music, it won't ever be bigger than appetite or even the illusions. But it would be cool for sure!

• Like 1

But what I'm saying is that people have been clamoring for years that Axl and Slash get over their differences and get together again, even if it's just to play on stage together. Now, that actually seems feasible, yet people are still against it?! I mean come on.

Like I said, I want new music more than anything, but it's always been "If he isn't gonna do new music he might as well do a reunion" and now that actually might be the case and it turns to "Oh we've heard that stuff a million times and Axl and Slash played together in the 80s and 90s so who cares?"

Fuck :lol:

• Like 1

I want new music from Gnr, don't care all that much about the line up. I'm excited by the idea of seeing Slash, and duff back in the band (possibly even Izzy too), and I'd be willing to wait another year (2017) for a record if a reunion tour had to come first; which I think would be necessary so they were sure they could get along for long stints.

I'm very interested in the unreleased CD material though, and I don't want it discarded in favour of a reunion... my 2c is that GnR are much cooler if they resist the urge to get the band back on the road. I just hate the idea of them going back on everything that has been said for the $$$, charging the fans extortionate amounts to see it and ultimately living off a 30 year old catalogue.

It's great that they are possibly on good terms again, but to keep the legacy intact; I'd leave it to one off appearances at each others shows rather than a reunion. Axl has said himself that the reunions he's seen have never lived up to expectations. The reunions I can think of that were as good as the original band? RATM, Pink Floyd, some of the Zeppelin o2 show (once they warmed up), Toto (amazing, so, so good!) ELO. I can't think of many more.

Whatever happens, happens we have no control whatsoever! BUT we can hound them on social media for new music and updates. If every comment is about the same thing eventually (it might take a while :P ) they'll give in, and give some sort of statement.

But what I'm saying is that people have been clamoring for years that Axl and Slash get over their differences and get together again, even if it's just to play on stage together. Now, that actually seems feasible, yet people are still against it?! I mean come on.

Like I said, I want new music more than anything, but it's always been "If he isn't gonna do new music he might as well do a reunion" and now that actually might be the case and it turns to "Oh we've heard that stuff a million times and Axl and Slash played together in the 80s and 90s so who cares?"

Fuck :lol:

I can only address what I've said for the entire time and not what all these other people have apparently said.

I'm not "against" a reunion. I just don't care about one that doesn't include new music.

They can tour for years and just be a nostalgic jukebox touring band. More power to them. They will make lots of money and fans like you and others on here can attend the shows and have the epic event of their lives!!!! It's just not something that interests me. I spent two grand to go see Hardcore Superstar and waited at the Whiskey A Go Go for four hours to see them earlier this year. They are going to be there again in February with Michael Monroe - and I'm gonna pay a couple grand too go see them again. Would you drop that much money to do that?

Come on dude. I hate oatmeal with a passion. But that doesn't mean I think Quakers should go out of business and that nobody in the entire world should ever eat oatmeal. It just doesn't appeal to me. Everybody else can stuff themselves with that gross food.

I'm glad Axl and the boys are gonna make millions of people happy. I'm just not one of those millions.

I want new music from Gnr, don't care all that much about the line up. I'm excited by the idea of seeing Slash, and duff back in the band (possibly even Izzy too), and I'd be willing to wait another year (2017) for a record if a reunion tour had to come first; which I think would be necessary so they were sure they could get along for long stints.

I'm very interested in the unreleased CD material though, and I don't want it discarded in favour of a reunion... my 2c is that GnR are much cooler if they resist the urge to get the band back on the road. I just hate the idea of them going back on everything that has been said for the $$$, charging the fans extortionate amounts to see it and ultimately living off a 30 year old catalogue.

It's great that they are possibly on good terms again, but to keep the legacy intact; I'd leave it to one off appearances at each others shows rather than a reunion. Axl has said himself that the reunions he's seen have never lived up to expectations. The reunions I can think of that were as good as the original band? RATM, Pink Floyd, some of the Zeppelin o2 show (once they warmed up), Toto (amazing, so, so good!) ELO. I can't think of many more.

Whatever happens, happens we have no control whatsoever! BUT we can hound them on social media for new music and updates. If every comment is about the same thing eventually (it might take a while :P ) they'll give in, and give some sort of statement.

That's a really great post. Edited by Apollo

It's a hybrid, hit the power button.

Anything is a bonus at this point. We'll be lucky if we see any GNR show again and any new material at all.

Whether it's hybrid or full reunion it's a step in the right direction. Whether they can put out a record or this is all delusional bullshit remains to be seen.

• Like 1

It may the beginning of an avalache of re-releases and box sets with some sort of reunion fueling it. Like a remastered AFD and AFD line up in Vegas for a residency in 2016. Slash and Axl will sign off on a slot game. Maybe they can let some of this stuff happen.