The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Reasonable people: "where's the evidence?"

GNR fans: "there's none, I know that, but the coincidences, man, I just know! And you're an asshole for even asking."

Take the tinfoil top hats off for a minute guys. One interview where Slash says he and Axl don't actively hate each other anymore (the word "friend" only shows up in clickbait headlines), one or two baseless rumors, and a handful of news sites reporting on a French GNR forum's speculation as gospel - that's what you have. What you've got here is failure to communicate, and a bunch of people who want so badly to believe. Sorry folks. There's nothing to believe here. It's. Not. Happening.

Oh fuck you all.

I've been saying for weeks it ISN'T happening, trying not to get my hopes up for something that will ultimately disappoint me, and all anyone has been saying here is how its crazy to assume nothing is happening. To actually say now that "reasonable" people are asking for evidence and there isn't any is crazy. Everyone I know thats asked me I've said "don't believe it till it happens. This happens a lot." And then EVERYONE here says "well you're stupid not to believe anything".

Fuck you. Don't tell me nothing's happening after weeks of me saying the same thing and everyone telling me THAT was stupid. Fuck you. Now there better be a reunion.

I never said that, so don't pin it on me. I haven't thought there was a reunion in the works at any point. A few weeks ago, it was "maybe it'll happen," and I didn't post anything because it was still speculation and everyone admitted that. It was only more recently that "announcement today" rumors started, and I just thought that was hysterical which is why I started actually posting.

Tl;dr - fuck me? No, fuck you! :)

GNR fans: "there's none, I know that, but the coincidences, man, I just know! And you're an asshole for even asking."

Generalizations suck. But it could be done the other way around too.

Reasonable people: Considering how many strange coincidences there are and nobody denies the possibility of a reunion even though everybody is talking about it, suggests that there's a good chance that something is going on behind the scenes.

Wannabe reasonable people: You people or are hilarious! You don't have 100% proof of a reunion and yet you dare to speculate about it. How delusional can you get. You can't make this shit up!

axlslash, on 25 Nov 2015 - 3:14 PM, said:

Take the tinfoil top hats off for a minute guys. One interview where Slash says he and Axl don't actively hate each other anymore (the word "friend" only shows up in clickbait headlines),

This is the problem with you wannabe reasonable people. You act like you're the voice of reason even though you don't know anything about the subject. The word friend was NOT used only in the headlines as a clickbait. If you had botherered to watch the interview you'd see that the reporter actually asks Slash a question. I quote: "I've heard that you made friends with Axl Rose again. How was that possible after all those years? Then Slash answers that it was probably way overdue but it's very cool at this point. It's a direct answer to the question. If you'd actually do some research on the subject instead of being so busy acting like a voice of reason, you'd actually make a little bit more sense.

You're right. That quote totally justifies saying that the tour is already booked and an announcement is imminent.

Slash never used the word friend, he made one quick reference in one interview, never elaborated, and has refused to talk about it since. Not exactly confirmation, so all of the people acting like it's totally happening this week are still totally out to lunch.

I don't mean to pin it all on you AxlSlash, but seriously everyone here has essentially been confirming to people its happening. If it doesn't I'm gonna be specifically pissed off at this board, because there's been a lot more "yeah its happening" from real fans on this board than "calm down, we don't know." This board has done nothing to perpetrate that these rumors aren't true, to the point that I started believing they were after weeks of not doing so.

If it doesn't happen, this board should be ashamed of themselves for furthering such baseless rumors.

I posted this 10 days ago and no one answered. And all thats happened is this board has made the reunion bigger. So fuck everyone if it doesn't happen:

What I don't get, and maybe its a stupid question, but why is this becoming such a big rumor now. Just because of what Slash said? Combined with all the little things like Duff playing with Axl and Axl's band members quitting? Is that really all it takes for what could be legitimately no talks at all being blown way out of proportion?

I guess I'm wondering why anyone would put themselves on the line like this. Why is dishnation publishing something that makes them sound so definitive? If its right out of their ass, they're literally shooting themselves in the foot to get credibility again. Likewise, why is Vicky, no matter how reliable she is, saying something that could just be blatantly untrue? Just to get publicity? Cause if it is untrue, that threatens to ruin her relationship with Slash, who I would guess is undoubtedly a positive in her life.

I'm not saying the reunion is or isn't happening from these reports. I just genuinely don't know. I'm just wondering why is it all getting so big now if there's nothing? Just for clickbait? Obviously, if there is something I get why they'd all want to break it first, but we're getting conflicting reports from everyone and I just don't get what these people have to gain from it, whether telling the truth or just straight out lying. In the end, no one will believe it till it comes from the guys themselves. When Rolling Stone reports "the GNR reunion is happening", they'll be citing a band press release and not "dishnation, called this several days ago". I don't know. Just why is it sticking this time and not others?

Take the tinfoil top hats off for a minute guys. One interview where Slash says he and Axl don't actively hate each other anymore (the word "friend" only shows up in clickbait headlines), one or two baseless rumors, and a handful of news sites reporting on a French GNR forum's speculation as gospel - that's what you have. What you've got here is failure to communicate, and a bunch of people who want so badly to believe. Sorry folks. There's nothing to believe here. It's. Not. Happening.

Oh fuck you all.

I've been saying for weeks it ISN'T happening, trying not to get my hopes up for something that will ultimately disappoint me, and all anyone has been saying here is how its crazy to assume nothing is happening. To actually say now that "reasonable" people are asking for evidence and there isn't any is crazy. Everyone I know thats asked me I've said "don't believe it till it happens. This happens a lot." And then EVERYONE here says "well you're stupid not to believe anything".

Fuck you. Don't tell me nothing's happening after weeks of me saying the same thing and everyone telling me THAT was stupid. Fuck you. Now there better be a reunion.

I never said that, so don't pin it on me. I haven't thought there was a reunion in the works at any point. A few weeks ago, it was "maybe it'll happen," and I didn't post anything because it was still speculation and everyone admitted that. It was only more recently that "announcement today" rumors started, and I just thought that was hysterical which is why I started actually posting.

Reasonable people: Considering how many strange coincidences there are and nobody denies the possibility of a reunion even though everybody is talking about it, suggests that there's a good chance that something is going on behind the scenes.

Wannabe reasonable people: You people or are hilarious! You don't have 100% proof of a reunion and yet you dare to speculate about it. How delusional can you get. You can't make this shit up!

Take the tinfoil top hats off for a minute guys. One interview where Slash says he and Axl don't actively hate each other anymore (the word "friend" only shows up in clickbait headlines),

This is the problem with you wannabe reasonable people. You act like you're the voice of reason even though you don't know anything about the subject. The word friend was NOT used only in the headlines as a clickbait. If you had botherered to watch the interview you'd see that the reporter actually asks Slash a question. I quote: "I've heard that you made friends with Axl Rose again. How was that possible after all those years? Then Slash answers that it was probably way overdue but it's very cool at this point. It's a direct answer to the question. If you'd actually do some research on the subject instead of being so busy acting like a voice of reason, you'd actually make a little bit more sense.

You're right. That quote totally justifies saying that the tour is already booked and an announcement is imminent.

Slash never used the word friend, he made one quick reference in one interview, never elaborated, and has refused to talk about it since. Not exactly confirmation, so all of the people acting like it's totally happening this week are still totally out to lunch.

There's probably about two people on this message board who are actually waiting for something to happen this week. So don't exaggerate. Just because people believe that something is going on doesn't mean that we're all completely nuts about it. Anyway what do YOU think is the reason why Slash isn't denying any of this? He's had many opportunities to do so.

Oh fuck you all.

There's probably about two people on this message board who are actually waiting for something to happen this week. So don't exaggerate. Just because people believe that something is going on doesn't mean that we're all completely nuts about it. Anyway what do YOU think is the reason why Slash isn't denying any of this? He's had many opportunities to do so.
Frankly? I think he and Axl are fine, aka not going to use lawyers to get in each other's way anymore, but I still don't think Slash wants Axl touring with other bands and calling them GNR. The more fire the reunion rumor catches, the more new Guns gets delegitimized and the more disappointed fans will get when Axl announced Dj and Rob's replacements. Slash can look like he's still "cool" with Axl while still destroying everything Axl has built. Meanwhile, Slash is the hero of the story as far as the public is concerned.

Why would he deny the rumors? He's not doing anything for the next year, sure, but he has nothing to gain from denying rumors. Rumors drive classic album sales and keep Slash relevant while he's not working.

Oh fuck you all.

Frankly? I think he and Axl are fine, aka not going to use lawyers to get in each other's way anymore, but I still don't think Slash wants Axl touring with other bands and calling them GNR. The more fire the reunion rumor catches, the more new Guns gets delegitimized and the more disappointed fans will get when Axl announced Dj and Rob's replacements. Slash can look like he's still "cool" with Axl while still destroying everything Axl has built. Meanwhile, Slash is the hero of the story as far as the public is concerned.

Why would he deny the rumors? He's not doing anything for the next year, sure, but he has nothing to gain from denying rumors. Rumors drive classic album sales and keep Slash relevant while he's not working.

Yeah but Axl has nothing to gain. And even with how little he or anyone from Guns' camp communicate with fans they usually come out to deny the big rumours.

Slash will always come out looking good and Axl will always come out looking bad. Axl looks bad if he comes out and says its not happening, and Axl looks bad if Slash comes out and says its not happening, cause everyone is just gonna assume its Axl being a dick. With reunion rumors this big, I'll be shocked to see what Axl does if it doesn't happen, cause this is really putting him in his last chance to chance his legacy with the general public (if he cares about that at all) and anything thats NOT agreeing to a reunion will ruin that.

Just being honest. No one likes Axl, and the only way they will is if he sucks it up and reunites GNR. Otherwise, the rumors only to get turned down by anyone serve to hurt him. So if it wasn't real, HE should have denied it weeks ago.

Oh fuck you all.

Fair enough! And this is what I like. Mature discussion about the subject without the need to insult others who disagree. Personally I think Slash and Axl are most likely a bit closer than that. I mean there was the whole incident with Slash's brother insulting Axl and then apologizing about it later because of Slash. Here's the link if you're curious: http://loudwire.com/slash-brother-apologizes-insulting-axl-rose/

How could Slash's brother know that Axl is on a strict diet, unless Slash and Axl are much closer than you think they are?

Edited by Lies They Tell

Yeah days......btw anyone of you know when is Rock in Rio Lisboa tickets going on sale? Which date to be specific.

they're already on sale: http://www.ticketbis.com/entradas-rock-in-rio-lisboa-2016-may-28/ev91145?utm_source=ticketbisGB&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=IP-redirect

Those VIP tickets are expensive man. Any idea when the lineup will be announced?

Yeah days......btw anyone of you know when is Rock in Rio Lisboa tickets going on sale? Which date to be specific.

they're already on sale: http://www.ticketbis.com/entradas-rock-in-rio-lisboa-2016-may-28/ev91145?utm_source=ticketbisGB&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=IP-redirect

Those VIP tickets are expensive man. Any idea when the lineup will be announced?

Coachella will be announced in the first week of 2016. Thats for sure. RIR Lisboa, dont know

The vibe I'm getting from the board today is that we now believe even less.

I still billieve. I will until officially told otherwise. To quote the great dizzy reed "with gnr, timelines don't really apply. Things will come out when they're ready".

And they will.. When they're ready.

The vibe I'm getting from the board today is that we now believe even less.

I still billieve. I will until officially told otherwise. To quote the great dizzy reed "with gnr, timelines don't really apply. Things will come out when they're ready".

And they will.. When they're ready.

You lost me (and all credibility) at "great dizzy reed".

• Like 1

SLASH Confirms He And AXL ROSE Are Friends Again: 'It Was Probably Way Overdue'

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-confirms-he-and-axl-rose-are-friends-again-it-was-probably-way-overdue/

I'm aware of that one.

I was asking about the one where Slash says that he and Axl are "friends."

I've built up a civil relationship with my ex-wife. We communicate again and worked through some of the traumatic events we shared together. We can see each other in person and have a brief conversation.

But it doesn't mean we are friends and are getting back together.

All I've seen is the interview where Slash says they worked through some issues. I have not seen the interview where Slash says that he and Axl are friends.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-confirms-he-and-axl-rose-are-friends-again-it-was-probably-way-overdue/

I'm aware of that one.

I've built up a civil relationship with my ex-wife. We communicate again and worked through some of the traumatic events we shared together. We can see each other in person and have a brief conversation.

All I've seen is the interview where Slash says they worked through some issues. I have not seen the interview where Slash says that he and Axl are friends.

Interviewer: ''I heard you made friends with Axl Rose again.''

Slash: ''Yeah, it was probably way overdue, but uh, um, it's very cool at this point. Dispel some of that negative stuff.''

Edited by AslatIE

I don't think it should have to be stated again but the silence is becoming too much for you people to handle.

The reasonable ones want to believe it's happening but don't want to look like idiots, so they play cool and say "what evidence?"

The truly reasonable people know that it's happening because they know they already look like idiots for being GNR fans this long.

I'm aware of that one.

''I heard you made friends with Axl Rose again.''

Cool. The interviewer said that.

And a blabbermouth headline said it.

And several internet media sites have said the reunion is happening and any day now w world wide tour schedule will be announced.

Can you link to where Slash said it?