The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Rockavaria (who are on the very strong rumours list for GnR shows) were due a headliner announcement this week, but have pushed it back till next week now.

I can't think of too many bands who would require an announcement being pushed back. Certainly not a current active touring band anyway.

U2 - Rarely play festivals. Certainly not rumoured for any in 2016.

Rolling Stones - Rarely play festivals. Not rumoured for any in 2016. Don't even think they're touring in 2016.

Page/Plant - This is even more dreamland than a Guns n Roses reunion right now, but I like your thinking.

Kiss - Doubt they'd warrant a push back in announcement. They are doing festivals though in Europe around June so it's a possibility. Already announced for a couple so even more unlikely that they'd push back an announcement.

Metallica - Play festivals all the time. Don't think an announcement date has ever been changed last minute when they've been the announcement. Not rumoured for European festivals as far as I'm aware

Paul McCartney - Same as Stones/U2.

Eagles - Same as McCartney

Bon Jovi - Currently not on tour and is apparently on hiatus. Don't expect any shows in 2016.

Bruce Springsteen - Same as Eagles.

Pearl Jam - Are in Europe in June/July and due an announcement soon, so could be possible.

Muse - Doing European arena tour in May/June. Possible, but I'd say unlikely they're doing festivals.

Coldplay - Certainly rumoured for Glastonbury and Rock Werchter, so possible.

Just off the top of my head those are all bands that outdraw Axl's last couple of visions of GnR.

The one thing which can reunite them is the thing which got them together in the first place, Drugs..........Oh I mean Music.

Today it's all about the money.

Replied to those in red. I get what you're saying, but there's only 2 or 3 on that list that I think are possible at this stage of European festival schedules and announcements.

Dang!!!! Thumbs up for knowing what is going on in the rock music world. That's impressive.

More than likely it is GnR. We are all just waiting to hear. Neither yes or no!

Here is a question.

If Slash doesn't come back. Does. GnR with Duff still equal a band that every festival in the world wants? IE - without Slash are we still talking about all this?

I think some mainland Europe festivals would likely still book them in their most recent guise, or even with Duff. Certainly the Rock in Lisboa event considering their good working relationship. Not sure their reputation in mainland Europe is as soured as it is in the UK.

As for UK festivals, I doubt it. Melvin Benn (Reading and Leeds booker) has said he will never book them again after 2010, at least in their most recent format.. And their UK tour in 2010 sold so badly I doubt it would encourage festival bookers that they'd be a major draw on tickets.

Slash and Axl on stage together though is money. That's what your casual, top shop GnR tshirt buying "Sweet Child O'Mine" fan wants to see. Any promoter in the UK would love to have those 2 on stage together. That day at the festival would be practically an instant sell out.

Also, not sure if that commending of my knowledge is sarcasm or not :lol: I'll take it as hopefully not haha. I work in the live music industry, so usually have a fairly decent idea of what's going on, at least in Europe.

The Rolling Stones are touring, they will play South America in March.

Regardless, they don't really do festivals, do they?

More recently in fact: Pinkpop and TW Classic, low countries 2014, and Glastonbury 2013. Traditionally though they tended to shy aware from festivals because they could do their own gigantic thing.

Glastonbury set was superb. Pinkpop left me a little bit disappointed in comparison but was still impressive for a bunch of nearly 70 year olds.

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. Thumbs up for real.

Any idea about the Hardcore Superstar and Michael Monroe tour - are they going to do more US dates besides just the two at the Whiskey in February?

Rockavaria (who are on the very strong rumours list for GnR shows) were due a headliner announcement this week, but have pushed it back till next week now.

I can't think of too many bands who would require an announcement being pushed back. Certainly not a current active touring band anyway.

U2 - Rarely play festivals. Certainly not rumoured for any in 2016.

Rolling Stones - Rarely play festivals. Not rumoured for any in 2016. Don't even think they're touring in 2016.

Page/Plant - This is even more dreamland than a Guns n Roses reunion right now, but I like your thinking.

Kiss - Doubt they'd warrant a push back in announcement. They are doing festivals though in Europe around June so it's a possibility. Already announced for a couple so even more unlikely that they'd push back an announcement.

Metallica - Play festivals all the time. Don't think an announcement date has ever been changed last minute when they've been the announcement. Not rumoured for European festivals as far as I'm aware

Paul McCartney - Same as Stones/U2.

Eagles - Same as McCartney

Bon Jovi - Currently not on tour and is apparently on hiatus. Don't expect any shows in 2016.

Bruce Springsteen - Same as Eagles.

Pearl Jam - Are in Europe in June/July and due an announcement soon, so could be possible.

Muse - Doing European arena tour in May/June. Possible, but I'd say unlikely they're doing festivals.

Coldplay - Certainly rumoured for Glastonbury and Rock Werchter, so possible.

Just off the top of my head those are all bands that outdraw Axl's last couple of visions of GnR.

The one thing which can reunite them is the thing which got them together in the first place, Drugs..........Oh I mean Music.

Today it's all about the money.

Replied to those in red. I get what you're saying, but there's only 2 or 3 on that list that I think are possible at this stage of European festival schedules and announcements.

Dang!!!! Thumbs up for knowing what is going on in the rock music world. That's impressive.

More than likely it is GnR. We are all just waiting to hear. Neither yes or no!

Here is a question.

If Slash doesn't come back. Does. GnR with Duff still equal a band that every festival in the world wants? IE - without Slash are we still talking about all this?

I think some mainland Europe festivals would likely still book them in their most recent guise, or even with Duff. Certainly the Rock in Lisboa event considering their good working relationship. Not sure their reputation in mainland Europe is as soured as it is in the UK.

As for UK festivals, I doubt it. Melvin Benn (Reading and Leeds booker) has said he will never book them again after 2010, at least in their most recent format.. And their UK tour in 2010 sold so badly I doubt it would encourage festival bookers that they'd be a major draw on tickets.

Slash and Axl on stage together though is money. That's what your casual, top shop GnR tshirt buying "Sweet Child O'Mine" fan wants to see. Any promoter in the UK would love to have those 2 on stage together. That day at the festival would be practically an instant sell out.

Also, not sure if that commending of my knowledge is sarcasm or not :lol: I'll take it as hopefully not haha. I work in the live music industry, so usually have a fairly decent idea of what's going on, at least in Europe.

The Rolling Stones are touring, they will play South America in March.

Regardless, they don't really do festivals, do they?

More recently in fact: Pinkpop and TW Classic, low countries 2014, and Glastonbury 2013. Traditionally though they tended to shy aware from festivals because they could do their own gigantic thing.

Glastonbury set was superb. Pinkpop left me a little bit disappointed in comparison but was still impressive for a bunch of nearly 70 year olds.

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. Thumbs up for real.

Any idea about the Hardcore Superstar and Michael Monroe tour - are they going to do more US dates besides just the two at the Whiskey in February?

Genuinely no idea.

Didn't that one user claim his dad heard on Irish radio that tickets for a gig at an arena there would be on sale today? (It's passed midnight where i am)

It could kinda make sense for them to wait til right after thanksgiving to announce all this...maybe today's the day. My gut tells me otherwise, but I figured I might as well call it just in case it does surprisingly turn out to be today lol

Well fuck, that was me :lol: Another user kindly pointed out that what my dad heard on the radio was the Stone Roses... close enough, but not quite! :P

Ahh that sucks but in a way it kinda makes sense since all the other rumored gigs are festivals and not arenas like the rumor you had thought you heard. My guess is that if this really all does come to fruition, it'll be a strictly festival tour across US and Europe in the summer with a handful of surprise acoustic club dates in between as warm ups. Then maybe in the fall and winter they'll tour arenas/ stadiums in South America and theaters in Asia and Oceana

All u need is Axl, Slash, Duff and promoters will buy it. I don't think they would much care about the 5% of fans that would be made about Izzy or Steven.

Well this 5% is ducking out. I will not be buying their slot machine. I will not be buying their $150 beach towel. I will not be sporting their ''Welcome to the Jingle' cardy when I eat my turkey. Big fat sell outs.

All u need is Axl, Slash, Duff and promoters will buy it. I don't think they would much care about the 5% of fans that would be made about Izzy or Steven.

If Izzy is onboard for select appearances (and maybe Steven as well) I think you could survive on those three. Izzy wrote a ton of classic GN'R material though. It'd be a shame for him to not join in at all

I think Patience is arguably their best song and didn't Izzy write all the lyrics for it?

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

Well this 5% is ducking out. I will not be buying their slot machine. I will not be buying their $150 beach towel. I will not be sporting their ''Welcome to the Jingle' cardy when I eat my turkey. Big fat sell outs.

You'll be going to the concert, though. you know it hahaha

may i ask why page and plant don't go along anymore..?

i really dont know

There's no reason to at this point. Back in the 90s, it was cool cause it wasn't Zeppelin but it was essentially Zeppelin. Zeppelin had never toured since the breakup, so that sufficed. Since then though, Zeppelin has played and they had that wonderful reunion. For one, Robert says he doesn't like "being" Zeppelin (my words, but its how he feels). He plays a ton of Zeppelins songs solo, but on his own terms. He doesn't want to do a Zep reunion cause he isn't that Robert anymore. He can do it solo, but not with THE band. I think its very much the same with Jimmy. When he's playing with a Zeppelin member, there's an expectation, and its just an added stress he doesn't need. It would be cool, but they've already done it and it was fine. IMO its not really something that needs to be revisited. Also, its very likely its cause Jimmy never seems to play live anymore. Maybe he would for that, but Robert tours all the time so its Robert taking time out of his schedule to do that which he probably doesn't want.

You'll be going to the concert, though. you know it hahaha

Not necessarily. I do not even go to concerts much now. A bunch of fat wankers 'playing the hits' will not inherently get me into the door.

So I had a dream, I saw Axl was at my house, he was pretty nice, he was joking around and being funny, he was talking about random things and all, then I asked him if a reunion is going to happen, then he got serious, he din't say anything. He dint accept nor he denied. Then he had a usb drive with him, it had pictures of the old band and new music recorded by the new band, there were many demos. So basically that USB drive is the vault.

Then in my dream I came here and wrote the same thing which im writing now......Inception.....

Btw he was still fat.

• Like 3

I had a dream once that Axl Rose was at the foot of my bed. I freaked out. He scared the shit out of me. He was asking "where is it?" I forget whether I knew exactly what he meant, but he was talking about the Chinese Democracy demos (this was during the 15 years before the album actually came out). In a plea to get the blame off me I said "a friend of mine gave them to me! He's who you want!"

So we get in the car and drive over to my friends. We're sitting in silence, hilariously playing the Chinese Democracy leaks. I remember how much I loved those leaks of IRS, The Blues, There Was A Time. I remember looking at him and saying "you know, its really really good." Whats funny now is I really meant it. He just sort of laughed and said "yeah."

We get to my friends. He asks me to wait in the car. Axl goes into my friends house. I wait about 5 minutes and I see them walking out, smiling and laughing. I was very confused. My friend comes up to the car and I was like "WTF". He was like "yeah, I sorted it all out. He's gonna beat you up now."

Then I woke up. And he was 2006 Axl.

• Like 2

may i ask why page and plant don't go along anymore..?

i really dont know

They're waiting für Slash/Axl to reunite first, so they can do it for even more cash.

actually it is more LZ vs Plant.

Probably Plant has fears of losing voice half way through the tour.

Myles was in jamming with LZ and working on new LZ record, after a year, Page had enough of ppl telling him such LZ would flop.

Also, Chris Robinson, IMO way better fit, was suppossed to fill Plant shoes, however, he began talking very openly about Plant and LZ stating his personal oppinion of the band which Page did not like...

So I had a dream, I saw Axl was at my house, he was pretty nice, he was joking around and being funny, he was talking about random things and all, then I asked him if a reunion is going to happen, then he got serious, he din't say anything. He dint accept nor he denied. Then he had a usb drive with him, it had pictures of the old band and new music recorded by the new band, there were many demos. So basically that USB drive is the vault.

Then in my dream I came here and wrote the same thing which im writing now......Inception.....

Btw he was still fat.

:lol:

Fantastic dream.