Ultimate Guitar: Reunion with Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank

Axl will want some sort of concession - something that in his eyes 'legitimises' to the huge, worldwide reunion audience the almighty fuckup that was nuguns. Fortus and frank will be that concession.

The smart move would be for slash and duff to bite down and accept Axl's 'hand-picked' musicians as a compromise to Axl. Their lawyers will advise them to do exactly this, but they're smart enough to see it for themselves.

It would be an amazing thing to see my fav. band of all time live, nothing wrong in earning money, but really it will be a big cash crab if there is no new music or if there is no Izzy/Steven or Matt/Gilby.

If you want to sell tickets at a big price and earn millions by it, then at least have the AFD or UYI Lineup.

This is, by far, the most logical line-up. Izzy and Steven are way too unpredictable for something big like this.

Furthermore, I think Richard and Slash would be a perfect Rhythm - Lead combo.

So Izzy and Steven are "unpredictable"?

That probably means that mr. W. Axl Rose is very "predictable"...

Besides, who in the world wants a band that is "predictable"?

GNR didnt become the best band ever because they were "predictable".

They became the best band ever because they could write, record and perform great, terrific music.

All these professional and dedicated (and predictable) musicians that have been playing with Axl Rose for the last decade cant do that.

The five guys can

all the cash grab remarks, whats wrong with making money and fans happy? they arent gonna tour for free

Nobody is saying they should tour for free.

People are just pointing out the obvious.

Without new music it's a jukebox tour specifically so the guys can fill their bank accounts for when they do retire.

It isn't about the music. It isn't about musical integrity. It's about building up their retirement.

Axl Rose has released one album since 1993.

He talked of CD being a trilogy.

A few years ago he said GnR had two completed albums in the can.

Shit canning all that for years of more touring? Bleh.

I grew up watching Axl and Slash in their prime.

I want to see what these guys can create artistically. Watching them, at this stage in their career, just turn into a GnR jukebox - boring.

• Like 1

all the cash grab remarks, whats wrong with making money and fans happy? they arent gonna tour for free

Without new music it's a jukebox tour specifically so the guys can fill their bank accounts for when they do retire.

It isn't about the music. It isn't about musical integrity. It's about building up their retirement.

I want to see what these guys can create artistically. Watching them, at this stage in their career, just turn into a GnR jukebox - boring.

who said they won't make music? slash is constantly working on new music while touring and if axl has a shitload of music already why wouldn't he want new members on board to collaborate on those tracks like when bumble came on board? who knows what kind of juices start flowing when they start working together. if they just do a tour and call it a day, yes that would be disappointing. could very well end up like the replacements reunion, but they will never know if they don't give it a shot.

Okay if Slash and Axl made up who do you think called who?

I doubt Axl picked up the phone or emailed Slash because Axl feels Slash did him wrong, so I would think Slash extended the olive branch to Axl. wish I could have been in on that phone call.

I figured if Slash and Duff played with Axl again, Axl would keep some of his new band members too. it makes sense to me since no one has contacted Steven and I doubt if Izzy wants to tour with GNR again.

Hopefully, we will get some definite word because until then, I really don't believe it.

With how Slash is such a work horse i cant imagine if they did reunite there wouldnt be a new album in the future. The dude is constantly writing and putting albums out. And hopefully being back together with Slash would put a spark of creativity or drive into Axl that we havent seen since Slash left.

With how Slash is such a work horse i cant imagine if they did reunite there wouldnt be a new album in the future. The dude is constantly writing and putting albums out. And hopefully being back together with Slash would put a spark of creativity or drive into Axl that we havent seen since Slash left.

Seems like duff and Slash will want to create and record.

If Axl has no interest......would that be a deal breaker?

If Axl does a year long semi-reunion tour, then Slash and duff go back to their own solo careers.....would fans Accept a new GnR album in 2017 that featured a bunch of new guys? Basically can Axl release CD2 in 2017 under the name GnR, but with two new guitar players and a new bass player?

If Axl does a year long semi-reunion tour, then Slash and duff go back to their own solo careers.....would fans Accept a new GnR album in 2017 that featured a bunch of new guys? Basically can Axl release CD2 in 2017 under the name GnR, but with two new guitar players and a new bass player?

Id hope theyd be able to inspire/convince him to want to. If not would Guns just become a legacy act like the Stones and just tour and Slash and Duff would just release solo stuff in between? Id hope not.

As far as your last question, id say the general public might not be so warm to the thought. Me personally, ill take any record with Axls vocals on it.

This is, by far, the most logical line-up. Izzy and Steven are way too unpredictable for something big like this.

They became the best band ever because they could write, record and perform great, terrific music.

All these professional and dedicated (and predictable) musicians that have been playing with Axl Rose for the last decade cant do that.

The five guys can

The five guys can

good points apollo, I just think that if they wannamake money,good for them, some ppl view it as "selling out", which I dont agree with, selling out would be gnr turning into a country band becuase it was the cool thing to do… id love new music though, i agree with you, even a new song on a movie soundtrack..

I think if Axl wants to do anything after this he should do it as Axl Rose. Axl Rose is a big enough name to release music. He didn't need the GNR brand. Easy to say in hindsight but he really would have had less headache and arguably more success as Axl Rose.

• Like 1

I think if Axl wants to do anything after this he should do it as Axl Rose. Axl Rose is a big enough name to release music. He didn't need the GNR brand. Easy to say in hindsight but he really would have had less headache and arguably more success as Axl Rose.

Yep, he could have been just like Ozzy Osbourne.

Isn't it possible Izzy and Steven just aren't available? Izzy's flakey and Steven's unreliable due to his addictions.

Steven proved he still got it very recently. It's impossible he won't be available for a reunion imo. Izzy wanted to do the HOF thing in 2012 and has done shows with Axl.

I think Izzy doesn't want any drama, but my guess is he'd love to do a reunion tour, even if it's just a short one or until the shit hits the fan and he bails.

Edited by Rovim

Isn't it possible Izzy and Steven just aren't available? Izzy's flakey and Steven's unreliable due to his addictions.

Steven proved he still got it very recently. It's impossible he won't be available for a reunion imo. Izzy wanted to do the HOF thing in 2012 and has done shows with Axl.

I think Izzy doesn't want any drama, but my guess is he'd love to do a reunion tour, even if it's just a short one or until the shit hits the fan and he bails.

Steven is not reliable, period. He's proven that over and over and over. And who cares who's the fucking drummer is anyways? Like 0.9% of Gn'R fans?

Izzy's the one that makes me wonder - makes no sense that he doesn't wanna do a reunion tour...

Steven is not reliable, period. He's proven that over and over and over. And who cares who's the fucking drummer is anyways? Like 0.9% of Gn'R fans?

Izzy's the one that makes me wonder - makes no sense that he doesn't wanna do a reunion tour...

My guess is Steven will do everything he can to step up to the occasion. It's his dream to be a part of a reunion. Never said he was reliable, just that as a drummer, he still got the ability.

A drummer is a very important element in any hard rock band at the very least. As soon as he left, the Gn'R sound changed, and imo, not for the better. Izzy talked about this as well.

I think Izzy will love to do it as long as it's fun and doesn't get fucked up because of egos/money/general horseshit.