Ultimate Guitar: Reunion with Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank

I think it's more than likely izzy would think twice about becoming professionally involved with Axl in a regular touring scenario.

The late starts frayed his nerves more than anyone's. He may feel that by taking the risk of going back to that, he gives up something that's worth more than money. And he'd probably be right.

Steven does still have it, no doubt. But as of his recent interview he sounded high as a kite, that's the problem. I'd like to think a reunion would keep Steven clean but how can you know?

You sure he was high? He does a speech impediment from a stroke.

Steven does still have it, no doubt. But as of his recent interview he sounded high as a kite, that's the problem. I'd like to think a reunion would keep Steven clean but how can you know?

You sure he was high? He does a speech impediment from a stroke.

He does a speech impediment, yes :lol:

Nah, it wasn't how he was talking, it was the shit he was saying. For all I know he's just smoking weed these days, but I doubt that's a good idea for him either.

Even if it starts off as A/D/S/R/F, I think the end results will be appearances by both the UYI and AFD lineups. Duff's recent time with GNR has opened the door for Slash. Slash rejoining would open the door for Izzy to come out and do a couple of songs at a couple of shows like he did with VR. With Axl, Izzy, Duff, and Slash sitting in a room together for the first time since the UYI tour, I don't see any way they don't at least consider doing a show with Matt/Steven (Matt first, then Steven most likely).

Also, this would realistically be like a second UYI lineup. Since UYI lineup replaced Steven/Izzy but maintained the core three, it'll just be that again, with Axl, Slash, and Duff. Not perfect, but better than the random 8 dudes from NuGNR. I'll take it.

I don't like this story. I could understand not using Adler because of his unreliability, but they really need Izzy there to make this legit. I also don't think they should do a full tour, just a handful of shows. Sounds like the making of a shit show.

They can at least credit mygnr for doing their research :lol:

I gotta be honest, I've wondered about that a lot of the past few weeks. I wonder if some of these sites are just repeating what they're reading on these boards as fact?

They can at least credit mygnr for doing their research :lol:

I gotta be honest, I've wondered about that a lot of the past few weeks. I wonder if some of these sites are just repeating what they're reading on these boards as fact?

yup

and we are arguing here over and over again

This is a never ending cycle

I'd rather not get the reunion if it goes the Black Sabbathian way. The definition of disappointment. But if works it works and I'll start worship like the olden days.

I totally disagree. Black Sabbath made a really really GREAT album and the show I attended was incredibly good.

If there's ever a GNR reunion I hope they will be as successful as Sabbath.

• Like 1

Honestly, the shows will only be 3% less enjoyable of Izzy isn't there, and I frankly wouldn't be heartbroken if Adler didn't make it because the dude is a wreck. I pretty much could care less who is behind drums. As long as they nail brownstone, ycbm, and the big hits in November rain then it's whatever. It's all about the tophat, the redhead, and the King of beers.

I'd rather not get the reunion if it goes the Black Sabbathian way. The definition of disappointment. But if works it works and I'll start worship like the olden days.

I totally disagree. Black Sabbath made a really really GREAT album and the show I attended was incredibly good.

Agreed, I thought "13" was awesome.. And it was #1 in how many countries? The show I caught that tour was also phenomenal.

Honestly, the shows will only be 3% less enjoyable of Izzy isn't there

Speak for yourself..

Agreed, I thought "13" was awesome.. And it was #1 in how many countries? The show I caught that tour was also phenomenal.

Speak for yourself..

If Adler and Izzy are not involved it is a gormless metal band you are watching.

If it is just Axl Slash and Duff they should seriously re-think it. Slash and Duff play together all the time.. Has anyone seen Axl the last few years? He is pretty bad.. It would take more than just Duff and Slash onstage with him to be able to look past that.

Izzy's importance grows the older the guys get and as the flash of youth and danger flames out. He's the musical soul of GNR.

I'll still line up to see the OP's mentioned lineup but it's not a true reunion. And there's zero chance of a compelling new album w/o Izzy's involvement... even some of VR's best moments are Izzy inspired.

I'm consistently blown away by how some GNR superfans don't recognize his hands as being all over 90% of the bands noteworthy material. That, and the funky loose dynamic Duff and him helped to establish with Steven that made Slash's playing so raunchy. It's why you love AFD so much! It's what separated them from all the generic trash that was around!

Dear GNR: Do less shows with a sober Izzy (if a grueling tour is the sticking point) instead of trying to maximize cash return. Your legacies will benefit greatly :D.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

Wha'ts the problem of izzy won't return,cmon,he can't be bored or don't like the whole thing,he is doing all over the years a solo career with no music interest,only very die hard fans listen his albums.Izzy,just do it,there's no reunion without you there.

Edited by Majestic Beast

Speak for yourself..

Be honest, if GNR legitimately started touring with Axl, Slash, and Duff, would you not go see it if they can to your town? How much will people outside this forum care? I think we're all overstating Izzy's importance to the live aspect of GNR.

I will grant that in the event of a reunion album, Izzy not being involved would be a bummer and likely result in Slash Dad Rock + A few piano ballads. But live, I wouldn't skip it because Izzy wasn't there.

• Like 2

Speak for yourself..

Be honest, if GNR legitimately started touring with Axl, Slash, and Duff, would you not go see it if they can to your town? How much will people outside this forum care? I think we're all overstating Izzy's importance to the live aspect of GNR.

I will grant that in the event of a reunion album, Izzy not being involved would be a bummer and likely result in Slash Dad Rock + A few piano ballads. But live, I wouldn't skip it because Izzy wasn't there.

I agree with this.

I dont think Izzy is as important to the live performance as people make out.

He has almost zero stage precense for me... i like the guy, and everything hes contributed to GNR cannot be underestimated.. but in terms of a live gig.. he isnt the deal breaker for me.

• Like 1