Terrorist attack thread

alfierose

Google Raqqa, click images, or Tikrit and click images.

There is no functioning society, no hope anywhere in sight.

there is a good argument that it may be time to scorched earth the entire region.

It's like a dirty rabid dog kennel over there now.. like living in feces.

give it a little more time for the true refugees that are left can make their break, and then light the place up and just start over.

take a ground force of 3 or 4 hundred thousand and clean the streets in neighboring areas where the litter may have wandered.

You mean like we did in Vietnam (549,500 troops in 1968) or in Iraq (143K) or the Soviet Union had in Afghanistan (over 100K troops) How did that work out?

Edited by classicrawker

Any way you look at it, you can't let an "Islamic State" happen at the doors of Europe so something will need to be done and there aren't a thousand ways to go about it unfortunately...

IMHO, unless the West is prepared for a permanent occupation of the region, which is doomed to failure, this issue will need to be resolved locally meaning it will take troops from the other Muslim countries in the region to fight this battle.

I am also wondering how the map of the Middle East will change eventually with Iraq and Syria being carved up into multiple countries

Mr Erdogan spoke of Turkey's "rage" at the decision to shoot down the F-4 Phantom on 22 June and described Syria as a "clear and present threat".

"A short-term border violation can never be a pretext for an attack," he said. The Turkish jet was on a training flight, testing Turkey's radars in the eastern Mediterranean, he said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-18584872

Google Raqqa, click images, or Tikrit and click images.

There is no functioning society, no hope anywhere in sight.

there is a good argument that it may be time to scorched earth the entire region.

It's like a dirty rabid dog kennel over there now.. like living in feces.

give it a little more time for the true refugees that are left can make their break, and then light the place up and just start over.

take a ground force of 3 or 4 hundred thousand and clean the streets in neighboring areas where the litter may have wandered.

You are either very stupid or very amoral. No wait, that was wrong of me, you could easily be both.

"The entire region" isn't "like a dirty rabid dog kennel". Part of the region is war-torn, but there are large parts the war hasn't reached yet. Regardless, the whole area is filled with civilians who take no part in the war and just wait for peace to come so they can go back to their normal lives.

I am not saying ground forces may not be part of the solution to beat ISIS, but what you are suggesting is grand-scale genocide. It is a complicated situation with many fractions and alliances, and huge scores of civilians in-between. Any ground troops must have UN and regional support and have a very limited, clear objective (i.e take out specific ISIS targets, etc). That sort of American gung-ho attitude you express, which is based on general ignorance, a simplistic understanding on what is going on, and childish machoism, is exactly what has helped to create unrest and conflicts in this region in the first place. I hope you were intoxicated when you wrote your post.

• Like 2

They do not look much like a 'death metal' band. That chap has a fine set of Victorian whiskers.

they arent even metal let alone death metal :lol:

the name of the band came from a story where two band members were in a bar where some guy was drinking and dancing to winds of change by the scorpions, someone asked what the hell he was doing, and the guy responded "this is death metal dude" which one of the band members responded that it wasnt it was more like the eagles of death metal.

Turky has shot down a Russian fighter.......things are heating up.............How will Putin respond?

Safe to say Putin's avin Turkey this Christmas

Turkey can actually kick Russia's ass. Their army is one of the most modern, up to date and best equipped in the world and far less corrupt.

They do not look much like a 'death metal' band. That chap has a fine set of Victorian whiskers.

the name of the band came from a story where two band members were in a bar where some guy was drinking and dancing to winds of change by the scorpions, someone asked what the hell he was doing, and the guy responded "this is death metal dude" which one of the band members responded that it wasnt it was more like the eagles of death metal.

Well I'm going to know that? Music ended with Oasis in my house. My record collection literally stops dead at 1995, as if time itself stopped haha.

Well I'm going to know that? Music ended with Oasis in my house. My record collection literally stops dead at 1995, as if time itself stopped haha.

my brothers used to say the same thing about my collection :lol:

Must be sucks to living in the past for the rest of your life

Must be sucks to living in the past for the rest of your life

Considering how modern music pretty much sucks I would say living in the past, realted to music, is not such a bad thing............ ;)

• Like 1

That's a really difficult watch, Jesse Hughes is really struggling, he's almost childlike. I think it's pretty commendable of him to want to be the first band back at Bataclan, I'm sure people will argue that there are other reasons but I think that's awesome. I've been a huge Josh Homme fan for nearly fifteen years, hits even harder seeing him choke up about it.

• Like 2

That's a really difficult watch, Jesse Hughes is really struggling, he's almost childlike. I think it's pretty commendable of him to want to be the first band back at Bataclan, I'm sure people will argue that there are other reasons but I think that's awesome. I've been a huge Josh Homme fan for nearly fifteen years, hits even harder seeing him choke up about it.

Seeing Jessie like that is surreal, because he's not "in character." Normally he's a loudmouth arrogent rocker dick character, and to see him so broken down and affected and obviously scarred from this is pretty powerful.

Please refrain from using personal insults and attacks when making your point.

That said, little consideration is given if you're here to advocate for the genocide of an entire group of people.

little consideration is given to anyone not bright enough to see that ISIS must be eradicated.

So welcome to the dark side

Please refrain from using personal insults and attacks when making your point.

That said, little consideration is given if you're here to advocate for the genocide of an entire group of people.

little consideration is given to anyone not bright enough to see that ISIS must be eradicated.

But you weren't advocating the eradication of ISIS, but of all people in the region. Surely you understand that the majority of people in Syria, or Iraq, or the Middle East, or whatever you mean with region, isn't comprised of only ISIS members and their sympathisers?

it's starting to look like that may be all that's left if liberals keep ignoring they exist.

My point was that the only hope for mankind may be a scorched earth in the region, should this bunch of cock roaches get their hands on Wmd's and start showing up in our home towns.,

there are different means to ridding them totally, the one 'you' interpreted from what I said may happen and ultimately fall on the heads of your appeasement crowd, because you ignored it for so long with your "they just need a hug" policy.

this is Not on my head, my thought process was to keep the pressure on them, and stomp them out while we had them surrounded, your ilk blew that one, long time ago by trusting this pathetic excuse for a leader we have now and looking the other way

Nice try on turning me into the bad guy though, weak.