Terrorist attack thread

alfierose

Sure, without IS they would not bomb stuff. You are right, I might be just really pissed. But they are never 'just'  hoodlums. In my city we talk about serious criminals, who are serious dangerous. You can  leave  the 'just' out and don't pratronize it, with your garden variety shit. No offense.

Let me be clear that in my city a total war is going on with these Moroccons boys. They shoot at eachother on brought daylight in middle of the street, they murder innocent people (cause oops mistake, he had the same car), they murdered someones mother, a guy holding his little baby, a guy's wife and last week they threw a cut off head on the streets. Sure not 'just' hoodlums.

What i was saying was that it would leave them as just criminals and not terrorists, in the same way that regular criminals that make up the murder, robbery, rape etc etc statistics of each country/nation, i wasn't trying to suggest that they'd be left stealing penny sweets.  

The Middle East and Europe have NEVER been friends, not now, not 100 years ago, not 1000 years ago, and their political ideologies are literally at direct loggerheads with each other. It is ludicrous to believe that accepting mass immigration from people where the core tenet of their religious teachings is to kill infidels is going to somehow create a harmonious Shangri La. In the same way that western intervention in the middle east, such as our involvement in Iraq, Afghanistan, the Balfour Declaration, and many others, is no good for them, neither is accepting mass immigration of poor, unskilled and culturally diametric people good for us.

The presumption here is that there is a greater part of the muslim population that believe in killing infidels, man, it's just not true.  And y'know, for all the talk of not integrating etc the fact is there is massive integration of muslim people in the western world and not only that but a massive diluting of the pre-existing attachments to the religion and a loosening of the rigidness as is what generally happens when the people of a religion evolve according to the times they are living in.  Mass immigration of any kind is never really a good thing and there will always be problems with that, that i can agree with.  

A lot of the muslim immigrants in this country are here as a result of being asked to come here y'know, to do the jobs no one else fuckin' wanted to, only to find themselves 15 years later being the subject of Rivers of Blood speeches and calls for repatriation.  Followed by right wing street militias like the NF walking the streets looking to kick their heads in.  And some of the children of those people are the doctors, the lawyers, the dentists, cab drivers, the shopkeepers, the bus drivers, the security guards, the builders in the towns of this country and have been for a couple of generations, without blowing a single thing up or murdering an infidel or anything :lol: 

The mistake that people make is thinking that ISIS are religious extremists; they are not. They are religious fundamentalists who are following the true teachings of the Koran and the Hadiths.

Scripture of a Judeo-Christian origin are all completely impossible to follow cuz they contradict each other 500 million times, for every Pappy thats saying 'they're just following the book to the letter, look at this, this and this verse' there's a defender going 'but wait, look at this, this and this verse talking about peace, loving and sharing'.  And it's the same with the Bible.  Which leaves me to conclude that it's less about any book and more about people choosing the way they want to live their life and finding a way to justify it one way or the other.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Scripture of a Judeo-Christian origin are all completely impossible to follow cuz they contradict each other 500 million times, for every Pappy thats saying 'they're just following the book to the letter, look at this, this and this verse' there's a defender going 'but wait, look at this, this and this verse talking about peace, loving and sharing'.  And it's the same with the Bible.  Which leaves me to conclude that it's less about any book and more about people choosing the way they want to live their life and finding a way to justify it one way or the other.

The thing is though, that you know that it isn't like that. Let's break it down as to why ISIS are actually practicing Islam according to the teachings of Muhammad.

1 - Allah is perfect

2 - Muhammad is Allah's Prophet

3 - Muhammad brought final revelation to Humans directly from Allah

4 - Everything Muhammad said is both true and sacred

5 - Muhammad taught that certain things must be followed and observed at all times; to not observe and follow them must be answered with death

6 - ISIS believe in the Koranic teachings about the End-Times, Rome and Ad Dajjal. They also believe that it is their sacred duty to bring about the End-Times and the final battle against Rome

You know all of the above and you know that true, hardline Islamists have no room for negotiation when it comes to interpreting the Koran as to do so is haram. You cannot interpret the divine and true word of God and the instruction to all Muslims in clear in both the Koran and the Hadiths; that there must be a return to the Caliphate, that it is the duty of every Muslim to bring about the End-Times, that there will be a false Messiah called Ad Dajjal, that the true believers will be slaughtered until there are but a handful left and that at this time the Messiah will return to kill all of the infidels and take the believers to heaven.

12 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

The thing is though, that you know that it isn't like that. Let's break it down as to why ISIS are actually practicing Islam according to the teachings of Muhammad.

1 - Allah is perfect

2 - Muhammad is Allah's Prophet

3 - Muhammad brought final revelation to Humans directly from Allah

4 - Everything Muhammad said is both true and sacred

5 - Muhammad taught that certain things must be followed and observed at all times; to not observe and follow them must be answered with death

6 - ISIS believe in the Koranic teachings about the End-Times, Rome and Ad Dajjal. They also believe that it is their sacred duty to bring about the End-Times and the final battle against Rome

You know all of the above and you know that true, hardline Islamists have no room for negotiation when it comes to interpreting the Koran as to do so is haram. You cannot interpret the divine and true word of God and the instruction to all Muslims in clear in both the Koran and the Hadiths; that there must be a return to the Caliphate, that it is the duty of every Muslim to bring about the End-Times, that there will be a false Messiah called Ad Dajjal, that the true believers will be slaughtered until there are but a handful left and that at this time the Messiah will return to kill all of the infidels and take the believers to heaven.

Right but the point i was making is that there are people that will immediately cite you any number of tame caring sharing hippie dippy verses to say 'no, actually, Islams not about that, it's about this', just as the Bible is wheeled out as justification for many a noble act just as it is also the standard upon which wars are often waged, thats what i was getting at.  It is true, the things you have mentioned are spoken of in the Qu'ran but the fact that the ISISes of this world cite those things whereas moderate muslims cite all the good things like treating a guest as your own, if you kill any human being it is equal to killing humanity itself and all the noble things the Qu'ran says goes precisely back to what I am saying.

To be selectively hardline and to choose the aspects that ISIS does says something about the genocidal nutcase that dwells inside you...but you could just as easily be selectively hardline with the good and noble and just things and the ideas about peace and humanity and fairness and be hardline with those and the difference between which one you choose dictates whether you're a cunt or not and thats what i meant about people choosing the way they want to live their life and then finding a justification for it one way or another, because with any of the Judeo Christian scripture you can justify a 100% noble existence just as you could justify a pretty crazy one.

I more or less agree with what you are saying by the way, that ISIS and groups such as them are basically following the religion to the T but it's the parts of the religions that they choose cuz they can't follow the lot to a T because it contradicts itself, just like all Judeo-Christian scripture.

Edited by Len B'stard

7 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Right but the point i was making is that there are people that will immediately cite you any number of tame caring sharing hippie dippy verses to say 'no, actually, Islams not about that, it's about this', just as the Bible is wheeled out as justification for many a noble act just as it is also the standard upon which wars are often waged, thats what i was getting at.  It is true, the things you have mentioned are spoken of in the Qu'ran but the fact that the ISISes of this world cite those things whereas moderate muslims cite all the good things like treating a guest as your own, if you kill any human being it is equal to killing humanity itself and all the noble things the Qu'ran says goes precisely back to what I am saying.

To be selectively hardline and to choose the aspects that ISIS does says something about the genocidal nutcase that dwells inside you...but you could just as easily be selectively hardline with the good and noble and just things and the ideas about peace and humanity and fairness and be hardline with those and the difference between which one you choose dictates whether you're a cunt or not and thats what i meant about people choosing the way they want to live their life and then finding a justification for it one way or another, because with any of the Judeo Christian scripture you can justify a 100% noble existence just as you could justify a pretty crazy one.

I more or less agree with what you are saying by the way, that ISIS and groups such as them are basically following the religion to the T but it's the parts of the religions that they choose cuz they can't follow the lot to a T because it contradicts itself, just like all Judeo-Christian scripture.

I agree with you that the Koran, like the Bible, has problems with internal consistency, but I actually think that a lot of the modern "interpretations" of the holy books are simply wrong and basically just a way of getting along with wider society. It's like, Muhammad was very clear as to what should be done to a Muslim who leaves the religion; no ifs, ands or buts, they should be put to death. To take a liberal approach and say "well, the Koran also says to love people and let them make their own choices", whilst true, is also not applicable in this case because the instruction was clear as to what must be done in this particular scenario, not in general, wider times. Because of that, it's like a domino effect; if you don't want to follow the instructions of perfect revelation then you aren't really a Muslim because you are either all in or all out, and if you are out then you are also the enemy. That's why religion is such a minefield, if you pardon the expression; it makes it very easy for regular people to justify very bad things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

I agree with you that the Koran, like the Bible, has problems with internal consistency, but I actually think that a lot of the modern "interpretations" of the holy books are simply wrong and basically just a way of getting along with wider society. It's like, Muhammad was very clear as to what should be done to a Muslim who leaves the religion; no ifs, ands or buts, they should be put to death. To take a liberal approach and say "well, the Koran also says to love people and let them make their own choices", whilst true, is also not applicable in this case because the instruction was clear as to what must be done in this particular scenario, not in general, wider times. Because of that, it's like a domino effect; if you don't want to follow the instructions of perfect revelation then you aren't really a Muslim because you are either all in or all out, and if you are out then you are also the enemy. That's why religion is such a minefield, if you pardon the expression; it makes it very easy for regular people to justify very bad things.

Yknow what Skip, i cant actually disagree with you there, i think you're right with that 100%.  But at the same time, functionally speaking, what the book actually means isnt as important as what the followers of it choose to follow.  I was very careful say speak of Judeo Christian religions throughout this discussion, of which Islam is one, quite frankly their cores, their heart and soul are actually extremely brutal but one way or another we're in a world full of people who believe in them and the interpretation of the masses at large is dictatorial in terms of their meaning because it is the way those masses follow through on their beliefs that effects us directly, which really is our chief concern.  and if 99.9% follow a book that is prey to the contradictions and fallibilities we are talking about and live decent lives and stand on their right to live as they choose we must guard against a tendency to paint them with the same brush as the 0.1% that perhaps follow it according to its harsh (and actual) reality and do some fucked up shit.

The core of what you're saying though, at least i think, is 100% correct, you cannot gloss over or attempt to counter the very direct and very explicit examples of distorted morality and ugliness in these books by citing latter verse examples of huggy kissey stuff, its simply not being real.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Dazey had a brilliant link to a whole load of insanely murderous/rapey/genocidal stuff that was in the Bible he liked to wheel out a couple of years ago which basically illustrated that if you theocratically followed Christianity or Judaism to the letter then your regime would be every bit as psychotic as ISIS. The difference is the degree of socioeconomic development in your average Christian nation in comparison to your average Islamic one, low levels of education breed fundamentalism. In predominantly Christian countries like Uganda, homosexuality is still punishable by death and if that's not carried out by the state then the people are usually very willing to oblige, the problem is not the doctrine itself but how literally it is taken.

By that logic, none of the moderate Christians in Western nations (women who wear jewellery, or speak in church, or do not stone girls who cannot prove their virginity) are actually "true Christians", any more than the majority of Muslims who do not dedicate their lives to killing infidels are not "true Muslims".

I like that you and Amir are here as secular, fair minded guys from a Muslim background because otherwise this thread would literally be a load of white Europeans/Americans indiscriminately projecting values onto a group of cultures they (and I definitely include myself in this bracket) don't understand. The thing is, I know enough Muslims (practising and lapsed) who're kind, considerate and generous human beings to be prepared not to pre-judge them as a group based on the actions of terrorists. I know how I would feel if I was judged totally wrongly, based on beliefs people thought I had because I fit into a particular demographic and I find the thought abhorrent. When you take that principle and apply it to denying humanitarian assistance to people who've been literally bombed out of their homes and fled from an organisation which will have no qualms in conducting their extermination... I find it hard to justify given the minute chances of anyone in a western nation actually experiencing a terrorist attack on a day-to-day basis.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Yknow what Skip, i cant actually disagree with you there, i think you're right with that 100%.  But at the same time, functionally speaking, what the book actually means isnt as important as what the followers of it choose to follow.  I was very careful say speak of Judeo Christian religions throughout this discussion, of which Islam is one, quite frankly their cores, their heart and soul are actually extremely brutal but one way or another we're in a world full of people who believe in them and the interpretation of the masses at large is dictatorial in terms of their meaning because it is the way those masses follow through on their beliefs that effects us directly, which really is our chief concern.  and if 99.9% follow a book that is prey to the contradictions and fallibilities we are talking about and live decent lives and stand on their right to live as they choose we must guard against a tendency to paint them with the same brush as the 0.1% that perhaps follow it according to its harsh (and actual) reality and do some fucked up shit.

The core of what you're saying though, at least i think, is 100% correct, you cannot gloss over or attempt to counter the very direct and very explicit examples of distorted morality and ugliness in these books by citing latter verse examples of huggy kissey stuff, its simply not being real.

Yeah, I think that that is the problem, but the way people deal with it is kind of backwards and inside out. Islam and Christianity ARE brutal religions and death cults and the true, core meanings and teachings of them are hideously brutal (just look at my sig for an example). We're just lucky that 99.9% of people who follow the religions, generally speaking, don't follow it to the letter. It's like, as I said, people say "Oh, ISIS is not TRUE Islam" and the problem is "Yes, it is", it's just that True Islam is frozen in time a thousand years ago. It's not whether Islam is violent or not (it is) that we need to worry about, it's whether Muslims are violent or not (the vast majority are just regular people).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Yeah, I think that that is the problem, but the way people deal with it is kind of backwards and inside out. Islam and Christianity ARE brutal religions and death cults and the true, core meanings and teachings of them are hideously brutal (just look at my sig for an example). We're just lucky that 99.9% of people who follow the religions, generally speaking, don't follow it to the letter. It's like, as I said, people say "Oh, ISIS is not TRUE Islam" and the problem is "Yes, it is", it's just that True Islam is frozen in time a thousand years ago. It's not whether Islam is violent or not (it is) that we need to worry about, it's whether Muslims are violent or not (the vast majority are just regular people).

You have an unhealthy predliction towards the truth young man, its gonna get you in trouble one of these days.

8 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

these two posts are all that needs to be said.

edit: shit didn't quote lennys post but that is the other post i'm talking about.

Edited by bran

11 hours ago, classicrawker said:

You are generalizing that all Muslim's are terrorists which is false............

Even though a million times my posts state that that is not my point of view and I hate people like that,  sure,  go with that statement. 

5 hours ago, Graeme said:

Dazey had a brilliant link to a whole load of insanely murderous/rapey/genocidal stuff that was in the Bible he liked to wheel out a couple of years ago which basically illustrated that if you theocratically followed Christianity or Judaism to the letter then your regime would be every bit as psychotic as ISIS.

http://www.evilbible.com/

Ah, the good old days. :lol:

6 hours ago, Graeme said:

I like that you and Amir are here as secular, fair minded guys from a Muslim background because otherwise this thread would literally be a load of white Europeans/Americans indiscriminately projecting values onto a group of cultures they (and I definitely include myself in this bracket) don't understand. The thing is, I know enough Muslims (practising and lapsed) who're kind, considerate and generous human beings to be prepared not to pre-judge them as a group based on the actions of terrorists. I know how I would feel if I was judged totally wrongly, based on beliefs people thought I had because I fit into a particular demographic and I find the thought abhorrent. When you take that principle and apply it to denying humanitarian assistance to people who've been literally bombed out of their homes and fled from an organisation which will have no qualms in conducting their extermination... I find it hard to justify given the minute chances of anyone in a western nation actually experiencing a terrorist attack on a day-to-day basis.

Really? Really? Jesus, sorry for being white. I know I'm only white and I can't possibly know anything about what's happening in my own country and how a part of the muslim population here is. Thank you for telling me how I ignorant I am and how we're all projecting values onto a group of cultures. Thing is, your post is a prime example of where it's gone wrong.

I had quite a few family members and friends in Brussels yesterday and their chances of being in a terrorist attack were a bit bigger than minute, thank you very much. Just like our fellow poster Stoner's, actually. (Not everyone lives on an island.) Thankfully, they were all unharmed. If they'd been less lucky, they might have lost a limb or their lives, like many others did, due to nail bombs specifically designed to maim and kill as many innocent men, women and children, of any race and religion, as possible. We have been living here with soldiers on our doorsteps, for months now. There have been many searches, many weapons found, nail bombs, kalashnikovs and the likes. Thankfully, there haven't been attacks on a day-to-day basis, but yesterday proved that the threat is very real. We have to live with it every day. Even if I'm only white and understand nothing.

Oh, and I really appreciate Amir's and Len's posts just as I appreciate many other valuable posters here. They all help me see things in a broader perspective, maybe see it from another side. It's funny how you say not all muslims are the same (of course they aren't), but somehow promote Len and Amir to be the muslim authorities, while just dismissing other people's experiences in their own lives.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JeanGenie said:

I think the majority of muslims silently agree with these attacks.

Absolutely nothing suggests they are. This is pure fearmongering and villifying of a large group of diverse people. These kinds of statements send shivers down my spine, as it should to everyone who knows a little history.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, PappyTron said:

It's a mass over-simplification, but a question for you: three people knock on your door one day asking for help. You know for 100% fact that one of them is a murderer and is intent on killing you and the other two are innocent; do you let all three in or do you turn all three of them away?

It is mass-simplification to an extent where it really becomes irrelevant. No one here is advocating completely open borders, are there? The real situation is more like 100.000 knocking on your door and 1 of these perhaps wanting to kill you depending upon what happens. Through better integration, turning someone away at the door who raises red flags, demanding that the immigrants do their part in integration, removing external factors for conflicts, preventing radicalization, preventing travels to foreign countries to take part if wars, etc, we can still accept modest immigration with very little negative effects. In my humble opinion. We have failed at this before, now we have to learn from our mistakes.

Additionally, most terrorists are not immigrants, they are descendants of immigrants, like first generation and second generation. We don't import terrorists (for most parts), we import immigrants and together with them we breed terrorists.

Yep, descendants of immigrants. What a suprise the terrorists were born in Belgium had an algerian and moroccan background. Oh and yeah, known criminals as well. Just like I predicted yesterday.

Like I said, the problem is way bigger then the situation in the middle east. 

Basicly Soulmonster, since we failed our immigration of nothern african immigrants, people are scared more breeders of terrorists or criminals are coming in the western european countries. Not saying this is the case, just state the fear so many people have.

12 minutes ago, MB. said:

Yep, descendants of immigrants. What a suprise the terrorists were born in Belgium had an algerian and moroccan background. Oh and yeah, known criminals as well. Just like I predicted yesterday.

Like I said, the problem is way bigger then the situation in the middle east. 

Basicly Soulmonster, since we failed our immigration of nothern african immigrants, people are scared more breeders of terrorists or criminals are coming in the western european countries. Not saying this is the case, just state the fear so many people have.

I think that is a well-founded fear. But I honestly think we can do better than we have.

Edited by SoulMonster

it's more a political problem than a religious one, the attacks have more to do with economy and western imperialism than with muhammad.... what happened in Egypt? People voted democratically, but the results weren't accepted by the USA. That's imperialism.

most of the young terrorists are born in Europe but feel racism against them, they feel rejected by the countries in which they were born. They are the new proletariat alienated. Since there are no social struggles anymore, jihad has become the only way to fight.

by the way :

European Championship matches could be played behind closed doors this summer with football chiefs unable to rule out a terrorist attack in french stadiums.

no gnr in europe this year.

Edited by supercool

I see that it is being discussed why Belgium has such a large problem with terrorists. Here's a Norwegian article presenting five reasons that may help to explain this: http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/uriks/Fem-grunner-til-at-Belgia-er-blitt-et-arnested-for-terrorister-8248247.html

I'll briefly list the reasons:

1. Messy organization of police and lack of national unity

2. Easy access to guns

3. Charismatic and well-organized extremists

4. Poverty and unemployment

5. Segregated areas, easy to disappear

The country has also by far the most citizens per capita travelling to Syria and Iran to fight in the wars over there.