Terrorist attack thread

alfierose

I see, well that clears it up :lol:

look, It's complicated, on that we agree. But the UN should just sit this one out, it's way over their head. And if by extension you

are referring to NATO and the security forces. There is a track record on fighting terror dating back to 9/11. Article 5 spells out that all member nations should be balls to the wall on this one.

But they aren't. There's the whole argument that the threat being from a non sponsored state means you don't know who you are fighting.

There's also a territorial provision that stipulates the "definition" of being attacked and by whom.

there is the matter of which state may be propping up the non state fighters, Iran? Can't just go into Iran because they are back dooring terrorists.

And some NATO member states are opting to put up these roadblocks because they don't have any skin in the battle, YET.

There's also an entire issue of funding. And no two can agree where the monies should be spent let alone all 28. Do we invest in security measures, cyber warfare, boots on the ground, more air strikes?

It's a mess.

That brings me back to my strategy.

The US, as the world leader has always stepped to the front and said either we fight and defeat them OR

we don't fight them at all. this patty cake strategy is doing exactly what you criticize and claim only my strategy will do. And that is empower them, recruit more to the fight.

this particular enemy only understands one thing, might through resolve and a relentless full out annihilation of their evil jihad.. period.

This "gather all the factions in the region to come together and agree on a leadership, all sects and religions" agreement you dream is nothing more than a Fairy Tale worthy of a Disney production.

I am ashamed, appalled, and otherwise beside myself that my elected leader can't see that. Whether you see it or not I don't really care.

Oh, I certainly agree UN is not working properly. But I also see we can't have single states like USA intervening massively in other countries without some kind of support from the nation's of the world and especially those nations directly affected. It's violation of international laws and just created more long-term problems. Again, this is partly why my strategy takes so much time. There must be consensus about a strategy, and that will be very, very hard to achieve.

But this doesn't mean your strategy isn't worse. You believe you can wipe out ISIS by first telling the "region" you will attack en masse, waiting till the remaining civilians have fled (and we are talking millions here), and thne using a scorched earth attack to kill all left in the region. There are so many obvious problems with this, some I have mentioned before, another is the very fact that out of those that flee new people will be recruited to ISIS and other terrorist organization due to the heavy civilian casualties, due to the destruction of their homes and country. You will be creating more terrorist than those you actually wipe out. Additionally, if you are able to convince civilians that they shoudl flee otherwise they'd be killed, thens urely ISIS members will flee too. And be even more convinced that USA must be targetted in future attacks.

This brings me back to what I said earlier: There is no quick fix or easy solutions to this problem. It requires MUCH more than just military might. But I guess that to those who only have a hammer, every problem will look like a nail.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

OK, just wanted to post this update as it shows my country's stupidity yet again; Abdeslam, one of the Paris terrorists who chickened out and fled to Belgium, apparently took residence in Molenbeek for one day before fleeing our country. Our 'special forces' had an idea of his whereabouts but -and this is where it's truly hilarious in pure Belgian fashion- were restricted from doing any raid/investigation at a person's home during the hours of 21 pm till 5 am. Because of a law that makes zero sense. So when they did pay him a visit the next day, he'd already left.

:lol:

OK, just wanted to post this update as it shows my country's stupidity yet again; Abdeslam, one of the Paris terrorists who chickened out and fled to Belgium, apparently took residence in Molenbeek for one day before fleeing our country. Our 'special forces' had an idea of his whereabouts but -and this is where it's truly hilarious in pure Belgian fashion- were restricted from doing any raid/investigation at a person's home during the hours of 21 pm till 5 am. Because of a law that makes zero sense. So when they did pay him a visit the next day, he'd already left.

:lol:

Jesus. So they can't even just watch the building and wait? If that's true then it almost sounds delibrate. Get your priorities right, a mass murderer who is the most sought after man in europe or whatever at that point, can try and have a good night's sleep knowing there's a law that's basically a Do Not Disturb sign on the door handle.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/iraqi-city-ramadi-fully-liberated-isis-article-1.2478486

A small victory to be sure but this is how the war against ISIS need to be fought not with U.S. troops on the ground...local Muslim troops supported by U.S. coalition air support.

If the other Arab countries would supply even a modest number of boots on the ground ISIS could be at least temporarily defeated.

Edited by classicrawker

• 2 months later...

There's currently a manhunt in Brussels by the Belgian police and special forces and one of the two men they've located is Abdeslam, one of the terrorists involved in the Paris attack. He has apparently been shot in the leg by police but is still alive. Last tuesday Belgian/French police got lucky with a raid where apparently it is now presumed that Abdeslam got away, today they've managed to track him down.

5 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Can we not just Nuke the fuckers and be done with it ?

The sad reality is that most likely these are homegrown Belgian terrorists, like an Abdeslam and like many immigrant offspring in Europe who have radicalised due to Syria and IS, many even went and returned. Like our investigators said, there is a network within Brussels (and I can only presume in Belgium and neighbouring countries as well) that needs to be taken out and I hope our special forces have enough intel to track these fuckers down.

Edited by Bumblefeet

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Nuke Belgium?

That's the problem. They're among us.

A lot of ambulances and fire trucks are now leaving the airport, to possibly go to the centre of Brussels, where there are possible explosions in two subway stations.

Yeah I'm one for peace but fuck this shit. The western world and good, honest Muslims just need to start killing these cunts where they stand.  No mercy,  no knives,  no guns. Only fucking Armageddon. And display this shit too to piss them off even more and draw them out. I'm all about good war too but ISIS are another level like the Nazis and it's time we took to them like a rabid dog on crack and bath salts.

23 minutes ago, Johnny Drama said:

Yeah I'm one for peace but fuck this shit. The western world and good, honest Muslims just need to start killing these cunts where they stand.  No mercy,  no knives,  no guns. Only fucking Armageddon. And display this shit too to piss them off even more and draw them out. I'm all about good war too but ISIS are another level like the Nazis and it's time we took to them like a rabid dog on crack and bath salts.

Abandoning important principles of western socities to fight those that oppose them? Sounds backwards to me.

Let's put things in perspective. You want us to skip normal legal procedures, reintroduce capital punishment and torture because of a death toll of, what, a few hundreds in Europe these last years? That's it? Isn't that completely succumbing to panic and emotions and throwing the baby out with the wash water? I mean, as far as dangers to socity goes ISIS and international terrorism is still a footnote. Yes, it is horrible. Yes, it is awful. Yes, we have to stop it. But more people die from falling out of their beds than from terrorist attacks so should we really abandon what makes our societies worth protecting because of this very minor threat? And it is not like this is new to Europe (as someone overly excited people here seem to think). Europe has a long tradition of terror, just think of IRA and Red Arny Faction, ASALA and many, many more, who have killed dozens upon dozens of people in Europa the last 100 years. We have survived these threats just like we will survive what is happening now, without changing for the worse in the process.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Abandoning important principles of western socities to fight those that oppose them? Sounds backwards to me.

Let's put things in perspective. You want us to skip normal legal procedures, reintroduce capital punishment and torture because of a death toll of, what, a few hundreds in Europe these last years? That's it? Isn't that completely succumbing to panic and emotions and throwing the baby out with the wash water? I mean, as far as dangers to socity goes ISIS and international terrorism is still a footnote. Yes, it is horrible. Yes, it is awful. Yes, we have to stop it. But more people die from falling out of their beds than from terrorist attacks so should we really abandon what makes our societies worth protecting because of this very minor threat? And it is not like this is new to Europe (as someone overly excited people here seem to think). Europe has a long tradition of terror, just think of IRA and Red Arny Faction, ASALA and many, many more, who have killed dozens upon dozens of people in Europa the last 100 years. We have survived these threats just like we will survive what is happening now, without changing for the worse in the process.

What in the fuck? Who said shit about capital punishment or extrajudicial shit. I mean war. War that means you need several bags to pick these cunts bodies up from.