Anybody else love Back off Bitch?

You could cull 9 or 10 brilliant hard rock songs from the illusion albums for an album of its own. It's a shame most of the shorter rock songs were neutered in the production.

Right next door to hel

Dust n bones

Perfect crime

Back off bitch

Garden of Eden

Coma

Civil war

14 years

Locomotive

You could be mine

What if that or something like it was the album? With just raw production? Sure we'd miss the epics but really, I'd take that album over most of appetite.

It's not unified or especially cohesive anyway, and seeing as I like every song except My World, I wouldn't want less songs just cause it'll make a better album. There's filler, but I like it. An average Guns song is still a pretty good song.

I love Perfect Crime

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :headbang:

Fucking great song. I have new found love for UYI I.

I love the illusions. Listened to nearly through all of Illiusion 1 without skipping a track while on a long drive in the snow today

I love both albums but I can listen to all the way through. I usually skip Get In the Ring or Shotgun Blues. And I never listen to My World. UYI 1 though, is a masterpiece from start to finish.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov
  • Like 1

Axl's laughter in the beginning followed by his squeal is one of the few ad libbed overdubs that I really like on the Illusions.

Gotta love the funky guitar licks and the cool "Oooh- O-o-o-o-Ooooh" part. The chorus is awful, though.

I feel like every 6-12 months I have this epiphany with UYI I or II and realize fuck, this was a great God damn album.

its kinda funny the first time i listened to them i kinda skimmed through them and honestly i felt underwhelmed but once i sat down and really listened to both from start to finish they grew on me and it continued until i loved the albums....i probably listen to them more than Appetite.

Edited by -W.A.R-

I love Perfect Crime

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :headbang:

Fucking great song. I have new found love for UYI I.

I love the illusions. Listened to nearly through all of Illiusion 1 without skipping a track while on a long drive in the snow today

I love both albums but I can listen to all the way through. I usually skip Get In the Ring or Shotgun Blues. And I never listen to My World. UYI 1 though, is a masterpiece from start to finish.

Ugh, too much fillers

One of my all time favorite GNR songs to scream in my car!

Love the lyrics because I'm sure Axl and many of us have had bitches in our life we would like to leave in a ditch somewhere! lol

Lol.

Woah oh oh oh oh

Back Off Bitch is equal to Get In The Ring, nice but a sea of cheese.

That is the best part, imho

On the demo versions it sounds better

Always love this song, never understood why some dislike it.

Fuckin amazin blast in it in the car whilst driving

Because they like cheesefest ballads like Estranged, November Rain, This I Love etc....

One thing i find it extremely hilarious on these boards that posters tend to prefer the ballads instead of the rockers

i mean ballads are great, SCOM is one of the best hard rock ballads ever, but pretentious songs like NR and Estranged (over all) are such a bore

In fact people started to slag off YCBM (one of their best song) these days...

Guns N' Roses was a hard rock band in their prime. The grandiose ballads were good in the 90's and for the circus UYI tour, but nowadays i find them extremely boring and stale

Its a shame that the most viewed GNR video is NR

You find it extremely hilarious when people like different songs than you do?

Nope, i find it extremely hilarious when fans of a (mostly) hard rock band (a band who went to legend status because of hard rock songs and hard rock live performances) posting that "OMG estranged is their number one song" " their early songs are such juvenile " " gimme estranged or TIL or NR over PC, WTTJ or ISE any day"

But i get your point of view: everybody should like what they want to like and opinions are like assholes....

But i won't take your cupcakebait, to have a long winded and tl;dr argument, sorry

Oh Crash.

Let it go, man. Let it go. Literally.

I was just curious why you find it extremely hilarious for people to like different songs than you do. Nobody is trying to argue or bait you into anything. The world isn't out to get you, bro.

You are a grown man. You shouldn't let complete strangers opinions on songs or messages boards have so much effect on you.

Literally we are all guns n roses fans just wanting to chat GnR music with other fans. Don't literally take everything to heart.

who is crash?

I'm explained my point of view

But i'm not get into your trap and defend YOUR statement/argument/question/position (aka. strawman argument)

I never wrote about that i find it extremely hilarious when people like different songs than i do, that was not my point that's just your poor assumption of my POV

You always play this passive agressive strawman argument shit for years here just to came back later with this "oh, chill out bro, calm down, you seem nervous" and this is certainly works for you for some posters. i'm not one of them.

I'm perfectly calm and mostly laugh my ass off of your trollbait and strawman argument posts

That's all

carry on my wayward son

Back Off Bitch is one of the AFD outtakes that actually sound like it belongs as an outtake.

Wasn't Perfect Crime also a AFD outtake? I find it odd that these songs weren't considered good enough for inclusion on Appetite but they had no qualms putting them on UYI. I mean, they are clearly b-side quality at best, and its songs like this that give weight to the arguement that UYI is bloated and indulgent. I personally love those albums to death, but they would both be a lot stronger if they trimmed off some of the fat (Back Off Bitch, Garden of Eden, Perfect Crime and So Fine being the prime culprits).

Lol, Back Off Bitch even with these lyrics are better than Perfect Crime, Dust n' Bones, Right Next Door To Hell, So Fine, Bad Apples, even Dead Horse...

I would prefer back off Bitch on AFD instead of Anything Goes for example (but keep in mind that i actually like AG)

Lol. Crash Diet is the name you posted under before you got banned. And on other forums you claim to hate this forum.......but yet, you still post here. Funny stuff.

And you literally do not literally know what strawman and trollbait means.

And lol. You did say you find it hilarious when people like different songs than you do. You even tried to explain what you meant. LMFAO - now you are literally arguing against your own comments. Literally.

I like reading your posts, Crash. They are very entertaining. You should stop carrying that grudge and just post and share your thoughts with the rest of us GnR fans. Literally.

One of my all time favorite GNR songs to scream in my car!

Love the lyrics because I'm sure Axl and many of us have had bitches in our life we would like to leave in a ditch somewhere! lol

Lol.

Woah oh oh oh oh

Back Off Bitch is equal to Get In The Ring, nice but a sea of cheese.

That is the best part, imho

On the demo versions it sounds better

Always love this song, never understood why some dislike it.

Fuckin amazin blast in it in the car whilst driving

Because they like cheesefest ballads like Estranged, November Rain, This I Love etc....

One thing i find it extremely hilarious on these boards that posters tend to prefer the ballads instead of the rockers

i mean ballads are great, SCOM is one of the best hard rock ballads ever, but pretentious songs like NR and Estranged (over all) are such a bore

In fact people started to slag off YCBM (one of their best song) these days...

Guns N' Roses was a hard rock band in their prime. The grandiose ballads were good in the 90's and for the circus UYI tour, but nowadays i find them extremely boring and stale

Its a shame that the most viewed GNR video is NR

You find it extremely hilarious when people like different songs than you do?

Nope, i find it extremely hilarious when fans of a (mostly) hard rock band (a band who went to legend status because of hard rock songs and hard rock live performances) posting that "OMG estranged is their number one song" " their early songs are such juvenile " " gimme estranged or TIL or NR over PC, WTTJ or ISE any day"

But i get your point of view: everybody should like what they want to like and opinions are like assholes....

But i won't take your cupcakebait, to have a long winded and tl;dr argument, sorry

Oh Crash.

Let it go, man. Let it go. Literally.

I was just curious why you find it extremely hilarious for people to like different songs than you do. Nobody is trying to argue or bait you into anything. The world isn't out to get you, bro.

You are a grown man. You shouldn't let complete strangers opinions on songs or messages boards have so much effect on you.

Literally we are all guns n roses fans just wanting to chat GnR music with other fans. Don't literally take everything to heart.

who is crash?

I'm explained my point of view

But i'm not get into your trap and defend YOUR statement/argument/question/position (aka. strawman argument)

I never wrote about that i find it extremely hilarious when people like different songs than i do, that was not my point that's just your poor assumption of my POV

You always play this passive agressive strawman argument shit for years here just to came back later with this "oh, chill out bro, calm down, you seem nervous" and this is certainly works for you for some posters. i'm not one of them.

I'm perfectly calm and mostly laugh my ass off of your trollbait and strawman argument posts

That's all

carry on my wayward son

Lol, Back Off Bitch even with these lyrics are better than Perfect Crime, Dust n' Bones, Right Next Door To Hell, So Fine, Bad Apples, even Dead Horse...

I would prefer back off Bitch on AFD instead of Anything Goes for example (but keep in mind that i actually like AG)

Lol. Crash Diet is the name you posted under before you got banned. And on other forums you claim to hate this forum.......but yet, you still post here. Funny stuff.

And you literally do not literally know what strawman and trollbait means.

And lol. You did say you find it hilarious when people like different songs than you do. You even tried to explain what you meant. LMFAO - now you are literally arguing against your own comments. Literally.

I like reading your posts, Crash. They are very entertaining. You should stop carrying that grudge and just post and share your thoughts with the rest of us GnR fans. Literally.

1. and? the mods still let me post here so stfu (not to mention the fact that they told you to drop this shit, yet you continue)

2. yes, and i claimed in here that i disagree with how the administrators run this forum. Yet, they still let me to post here. and in fact they couldn't give a rats ass what anybody think (including you)3. your are the definition of a strawman and cupcake bait poster

: A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent.[1]

The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition

4.Yes i tried to explain what i meant, and you failed to comprehend. lol. LIke i said, i'm not jumped on for your trap and i will not defend YOUR POV of my posts, buddy

5. Likewise. I'm not the one who is carrying any grudges, i'm not the one who posts other peoples former usernames :facepalm:

6. It really requires you 5 days to respond my post?

You're pretty slow, chump

Now i leave this discussion, because i don't want alfierose to suspend ME accidentaly again, because you are constantly tryin' to cupcake me

Edited by Strange Broue

Did you guys know, that BOB was only played once in 1991? This is the only live performance with Matt on board

They performed it several times in 1985-86

This is maybe the example of "over using" the rasp. You can hear he is struggling with his voice...

It's interesting how his rasp vanished in 2001-02, (however it was present in 1999, check out the re- recorded SCOM) then somewhat came back in 2006-07, until it came back fully in 2010

Since then Axl retired the rasp completely

Shame

Edited by Strange Broue

Did you guys know, that BOB was only played once in 1991? This is the only live performance with Matt on board

They performed it several times in 1985-86

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAsBcer822A

This is maybe the example of "over using" the rasp. You can hear he is struggling with his voice...

It's interesting how his rasp vanished in 2001-02, (however it was present in 1999, check out the re- recorded SCOM) then somewhat came back in 2006-07, until it came back fully in 2010

Since then Axl retired the rasp completely

Shame

That was a fun listen. I hadn't heard that version in a while! By the '92 leg of the tour they were sounding great but had settled into a very predictable setlist. The' 91 leg was way more raw and they were a lot more willing to play the deeper Illusions cuts. I wonder how much Izzy leaving the band led to the abandoning of songs like Back Off, RNDTH, Perfect Crime, Dust N'Bones, and 14 years from the setlist. It was also really cool how they shook things up in '93 by adding The Garden, Dead Horse, You Ain't the First, and Nice Boys as staples and occasionally busting out Garden of Eden. Not to mention the Acoustic middle of the show. Edited by TOS--LOA