Slash's infamous Malibu visit in 2005 - what do you think happened?

SoulMonster

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Or, here's an idea: neither of them are lying and both are repeating the incident as they remember it. Drunk people aren't particularly known for their perfect recall of events. Many folks DO run their mouths and say stuff they don't mean when they're intoxicated (I am sure we have all run into a drunk person who declares their undying love or hatred for everyone around them, for instance). Being highly emotional about a situation tends to distort what's said and what's remembered, as well (ex, crime scenes where five different witnesses have five different descriptions of what happened). And then there's Beta who could have easily distorted things as well. Not to mention that this apparently occurred in the middle of the night.

So Slash shows up in the dead of night, he's three sheets to the wind and he babbles something he may or may not have meant because the situation is emotionally charged. Beta hears whatever she hears and repeats it to Axl, for whom the situation is also emotionally charged, and it gets distorted more. And instead of just saying "go home, you're drunk, Slash" and writing it off, it blows up into a press release. Meanwhile everyone has their own version of what they think was said and they believe that 100%.

or Axl wasn't there that night....

But if he was there that night he should man up and let Slash in instead to send out his nanny like a 6 year old brat

I don't think Slash showed up as fucked up as much like Steven Adler (aka hardly can speak and probably have a needle on his arm)

Edited by Strange Broue

Or, here's an idea: neither of them are lying and both are repeating the incident as they remember it. Drunk people aren't particularly known for their perfect recall of events. Many folks DO run their mouths and say stuff they don't mean when they're intoxicated (I am sure we have all run into a drunk person who declares their undying love or hatred for everyone around them, for instance). Being highly emotional about a situation tends to distort what's said and what's remembered, as well (ex, crime scenes where five different witnesses have five different descriptions of what happened). And then there's Beta who could have easily distorted things as well. Not to mention that this apparently occurred in the middle of the night.

So Slash shows up in the dead of night, he's three sheets to the wind and he babbles something he may or may not have meant because the situation is emotionally charged. Beta hears whatever she hears and repeats it to Axl, for whom the situation is also emotionally charged, and it gets distorted more. And instead of just saying "go home, you're drunk, Slash" and writing it off, it blows up into a press release. Meanwhile everyone has their own version of what they think was said and they believe that 100%.

or Axl wasn't there that night....

But if he was there that night he should man up and let Slash in instead to send out his nanny like a 6 year old brat

I don't think Slash showed up as fucked up as much like Steven Adler (aka hardly can speak and probably have a needle on his arm)

if Axl was not there and he was relying on someone else's account of the incident, even more of a possibility exists that he's just believing whatever distorted version was told to him.

To be fair, most celebrities do have their housekeepers or assistants answer their door, because of the risk involved -- you don't want to come face to face with a psycho fan. That's how Rebecca Schaefer died; she answered her door and was shot by a stalker. If someone else answered the door or went to the gate, it's entirely possible that Axl never knew Slash was there at all until after he'd driven away again.

Hard to say, if it's not on a cd or on a stage, I don't really keep up with the stuff unless it refuses to go away, but this story sort of just petered out...

When you do something long enough, you get good at it. We know Marc said Slash cares a lot about looking cool. A whole lot. Slash's version worked, if he lied. Just because he made it go away doesn't mean it was true. Someone is lying. There's truth that lives, and truth that dies.

Edited by Rovim

A rather divisive discussion, with 16 of us believing Slash's version and 16 believing Axl's.

Some are just brutally misguided.

What side is misguided? The way I look at is, Axl told his version of events, Slash counters by denying it and then double backs and says some of it was in fact true.

Axl seems to be more trust worthy in this case... Now it is possible that Slash spoke to beta and she stretched his words a bit.

Unless they do a jointunt Interview and willingly address it we'll never know for sure.

Edited by Tom2112

The classy and respectful thing would have been for Axl to meet with Slash. And for Beta and Axl to keep the details of the conversation private. Very lowlife move to share it with the press solely out of spite.

Hopefully Beta wasn't lying about what was said. We know she hates Slash with a passion. I really hope she didn't make it all up as that would really show what type of person she is.

And it's really hard to judge what Axl and Slash mean by the amount of effort they spend agreeing or denying things to the press.

Slash said he didn't say those things. Not my place to say he was or wasn't lying because of the amount of anger he shows or didn't show. The guy denied it. What more do people want?

The most logical guess is that Slash got tuned up and went to Axl's house. Wanting to see Axl and start the healing process, Slash probably bad mouthed the VR boys a little bit.

Axl was lame for not meeting with him.

Beta probably exaggerated the negative comments.

Both were weak to talk to the media about it. Normal people would have kept that meeting private.

Edited by Apollo

Hard to say, if it's not on a cd or on a stage, I don't really keep up with the stuff unless it refuses to go away, but this story sort of just petered out...

When you do something long enough, you get good at it. We know Marc said Slash cares a lot about looking cool. A whole lot. Slash's version worked, if he lied. Just because he made it go away doesn't mean it was true. Someone is lying. There's truth that lives, and truth that dies.

BUT why do you guys pick and choose what Marc says as being true or not true?

Whenever he says something about Axl, most people bash him and say he doesn't know what he is talking about or that he is speaking out of bias or anger. But people have latched onto that one comment he made about Slash like it is gospel.

My guess is the truth is somewhere in the middle of the accounts from the two different sides

Home run!!!

Great post.

So Slash shows up in the dead of night, he's three sheets to the wind and he babbles something he may or may not have meant because the situation is emotionally charged. Beta hears whatever she hears and repeats it to Axl, for whom the situation is also emotionally charged, and it gets distorted more.

Ding, ding. We have a winner here. It's easy to imagine all these people detached from their emotions when it's all put to literary form. Plus, the context gets mired easily.

At the time, Weiland was pushing the concept album approach on Libertad. What Slash might've insinuated is that "Scott's a fraud" (because of that dingbat idea - Slash wanted to make a straight-up rock album with zero pretensions), he "hates Matt Sorum" (for siding with Scott in discussions over the concept album idea), and that "Duff is spineless" (for allowing Scott and Matt go on with it, instead of putting his foot down to say, he'd prefer Slash's approach).

The bit about the war in which Axl proved to be stronger is a bit trickier. As Ax said in 2012, "I'm surviving this war, not the one who created this war." To me, that whole choice of words plays out as something Axl might say. Beta might've broached the subject of a "war" between Axl and Slash, about them being at odds for years and Axl trying to outlive Slash in Guns. Slash could've admitted that Axl is "stronger" in keeping with it, for better or for worse.

Of course, if you take away the context, Slash looks like a real douche. Which was intentional, obviously. Put enough truth to it to back him into a corner. The "real story" would mean more dirty laundry, a lose-lose situation for Slash.

And instead of just saying "go home, you're drunk, Slash" and writing it off, it blows up into a press release. Meanwhile everyone has their own version of what they think was said and they believe that 100%.

In all fairness, there were six months between the visit and the press release. Axl kept quiet about it until Slash & Duff filed another lawsuit on him.

Btw Beta talked to Slash face to face or it was through Intercom?

Great.

Now I have a mental image of a drunk Slash trying to feed a note to the Intercom.

Edited by denin
  • Like 1

So Slash shows up in the dead of night, he's three sheets to the wind and he babbles something he may or may not have meant because the situation is emotionally charged. Beta hears whatever she hears and repeats it to Axl, for whom the situation is also emotionally charged, and it gets distorted more.

Ding, ding. We have a winner here. It's easy to imagine all these people detached from their emotions when it's all put to literary form. Plus, the context gets mired easily.

At the time, Weiland was pushing the concept album approach on Libertad. What Slash might've insinuated is that "Scott's a fraud" (because of that dingbat idea - Slash wanted to make a straight-up rock album with zero pretensions), he "hates Matt Sorum" (for siding with Scott in discussions over the concept album idea), and that "Duff is spineless" (for allowing Scott and Matt go on with it, instead of putting his foot down to say, he'd prefer Slash's approach).

Might have, yes. The Libertad thing was just one thing that happened at the time. Hard to guess what really happened. We might never know, and we don't know now. And Slash didn't look like a douche. He looked like a liar. Even if he never said those things about Scott, Duff, and Matt. But I understand why he lied about going to Axl's house. He didn't want to fan the flames, shit was hitting the fan like a motherfucker with VR at the time. It's nice that you're jokingly looking into it though

Edited by Rovim

Slash didn't look like a douche.

If one takes Axl's account as gospel, Slash looked like a douche by showing up at his door and berating his fellow VR members.

I believe it all happened - only I have trouble admitting that Slash would've said all those things right off the bat. A more plausible explanation, to me, is that Beta baited him somewhat. Slash was under the influence, so he was game. Wasn't he also on Vicodin at the time?

If one takes Axl's account as gospel, Slash looked like a douche by showing up at his door and berating his fellow VR members.

I believe it all happened - only I have trouble admitting that Slash would've said all those things right off the bat. A more plausible explanation, to me, is that Beta baited him somewhat. Slash was under the influence, so he was game. Wasn't he also on Vicodin at the time?

I said that even without the shit he allegedly said about his band mates in VR, he looked like a liar. If he actually did say those things, he's a douche. But we don't know if he did, in fact, say that shit. We do know that he lied about going to Axl's house cause he denied it, and than admitted he went there drunk as fuck. We don't know if he was actually drunk though.

Might have, yes. The Libertad thing was just one thing that happened at the time. Hard to guess what really happened. We might never know, and we don't know now. And Slash didn't look like a douche. He looked like a liar. Even if he never said those things about Scott, Duff, and Matt. But I understand why he lied about going to Axl's house. He didn't want to fan the flames, shit was hitting the fan like a motherfucker with VR at the time. It's nice that you're jokingly looking into it though

Except he didn't lie about going to his house. He said he didn't go to Axl's house AND talk to Axl.

Again.

I killed my wife last night..........at scrabble.

That doesn't mean I actually killed my wife. It means I beat her at scrabble.

Context is everything. As well as using the entire sentence and not just using half of it.

Some of you guys try way to hard to paint Axl and Slash with your own biased brushes.

Sometimes I think I am the only person on this board that takes what Axl and Slash says at FACE value instead of trying to read things into everything they say. Or distort everything they say to fit an agenda.

Edited by Apollo

Except he didn't lie about going to his house. He said he didn't go to Axl's house AND talk to Axl.

Again.

Some of you guys try way to hard to paint Axl and Slash with your own biased brushes.

Sometimes I think I am the only person on this board that takes what Axl and Slash says at FACE value instead of trying to read things into everything they say. Or distort everything they say to fit an agenda.

What agenda? you're wrong as usual. Slash denied going to Axl's house in the first place. Said none of that ever happened. You look it up. Then come back when you've got the facts before you start crying distortion.

Edited by Rovim

Again.

What agenda? you're wrong as usual. Slash denied going to Axl's house in the first place. Said none of that ever happened. You look it up. Then come back when you've got the facts before you start crying distortion.

Slash admitted lying about it in his book. What more proof do people need? I suppose Apollo thinks Slash is lying about lying now.

Again.

I'm wrong "as usual" - lol. Show me 5-6 times where I've been wrong about things and I will retire from the board. Let's leave the over exaggeration stuff to the kids.

Can you link where Slash denied going to Axl's house? I will gladly admit if I'm wrong. I've only seen the quote where he says he didn't go to his house and talk to Axl. I've never seen a quite where he denied going.

And simmer down. Nobody is crying. People are having a discussion. Stop getting so outraged just because people don't share your same agenda.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

Show me 5-6 times where I've been wrong about things and I will retire from the board.the kids.

lol Apollo please. You can't retire from the board. Incapable. There will come a time when you'll be discussing how great the G chord in Atlas Shrugged is like a little girl. Girly things in 2018. But yeah, wrong as shit about the Slash incident imo.

I said that even without the shit he allegedly said about his band mates in VR, he looked like a liar. If he actually did say those things, he's a douche. But we don't know if he did, in fact, say that shit. We do know that he lied about going to Axl's house cause he denied it, and than admitted he went there drunk as fuck. We don't know if he was actually drunk though.

When he lied about going to Axl´s house? He has said he hasn´t seen nor talked to Axl. That was true, you could say he hide to the public the fact that he went to Axl´s house. But he didn´t think Axl would issue a statement talking about the visit. After that happened he was forced to explain the whole thing.

I think his mistake was not to tell nor get advice from his then bandmates in VR. Instead Slash did what Perla asked him to do.

What calls my attention is this. Has Beta ever denyed getting a handwriting note from Slash that night? That´s what Slash said he did

Can you link me to quote

No links. I think he misled the fan base, but I can understand why. But he was dishonest man. He made it look like he didn't even go to Axl's house. Slash claims he was drunk, Axl's camp says he wasn't and said all those mean things about Scott, Duff, and Matt.

Edited by Rovim

Can you link me to quote

No links. I think he misled the fan base, but I can understand why. But he was dishonest man. He made it look like he didn't even go to Axl's house. Slash claims he was drunk, Axl's camp says he wasn't and said all those mean things about Scott, Duff, and Matt.

So no actual post or statement that is a lie, like guy claimed.

Just the poorly worded statement that some people took to mean something else than what he actually said?

I killed my wife last night.......at scrabble.

That doesn't mean I actually killed her.