Anyone thinkin' about Stinson?

He was the least friendly out of them all, He was just a drunkard who used to wear his night suit, no stage presence at all. I did like his vocals on Going Down though.

People talk crap about other members but at least Ron and Ashba were really friendly to the fans unlike Tommy.

Nobody outside of these boards considers Stinson to be a true member of GNR. He was paid (presumably well) for his services. Even if he was in the band for 30 years he'd be seen as "not Duff" and "hired help" What's next? The kids on here pining for the return of Dj Ashba ? I don't know one GNR fan in real life who'd pick Stinson over Duff.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

Did Tommy ever ACTUALLY quit?

last quote:

"I reach out once in a while to that crew of people — a lot of whom are also my good friends — but I really have no idea what's going on," he said. "I didn't quit the gig or walk away from it. We just all sort of left it in [Las] Vegas."

"I'll be honest with you: [Axl] was always very good to me, and it was always a really good gig," he said. "It wasn't necessarily the easiest gig, but it was always good. I have nothing but gratitude for it. If they got [the modern lineup] together again and wanted me to play, of course I'd have to think about it."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-bassist-tommy-stinson-really-has-no-idea-whats-going-on-with-the-band/#VHLkCDE6G3FtzRLV.99

Poor General

Rest easy in the knowledge that none of em know what the fuck they're on about. There's a reason why Kurt Cobain thought Guns n Roses fans were a bunch of wankers. The people that rate Tommy Stinson will be around forever, thats a core community there that may be relatively small but they'll last forever cuz what they represented meant something, GnR fans sit around talking about 2 man reunions because of 'what the majority of people will want'...and then have the nerve to go on about things like integrity. Bands with fuckin' corporate sponsorship, mile long stages with sponsors adverts flashing overhead, their favourite fuckin' band thats released one album in a quarter of a century off the back of their lead singer alone who fuckin' sat em out over a lovers tiff with his fuckin' guitarist, back in his middle age to rinse the last few dollars left to make before slinking off into retirement...and they talk about fuckin' integrity, quite frankly it's a big cocksuck.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 2

Poor General

Rest easy in the knowledge that none of em know what the fuck they're on about. There's a reason why Kurt Cobain thought Guns n Roses fans were a bunch of wankers. The people that rate Tommy Stinson will be around forever, thats a core community there that may be relatively small but they'll last forever cuz what they represented meant something, GnR fans sit around talking about 2 man reunions because of 'what the majority of people will want'...and then have the nerve to go on about things like integrity. Bands with fuckin' corporate sponsorship, mile long stages with sponsors adverts flashing overhead, their favourite fuckin' band thats released one album in a quarter of a century off the back of their lead singer alone who fuckin' sat em out over a lovers tiff with his fuckin' guitarist, back in his middle age to rinse the last few dollars left to make before slinking off into retirement...and they talk about fuckin' integrity, quite frankly it's a big cocksuck.

TRUPUNX rant aside,isn't Stinson just as commercial a musician as anyone else? I mean he may not have written big pop songs but he certainly wasn't working for free was he? Didn't the Replacements reunite for big bucks? Unless you are playing for free in your parents basement, at the end of the day it's a job and Stinson has a family to support.

Poor General

TRUPUNX rant aside,isn't Stinson just as commercial a musician as anyone else? I mean he may not have written big pop songs but he certainly wasn't working for free was he? Didn't the Replacements reunite for big bucks? Unless you are playing for free in your parents basement, at the end of the day it's a job and Stinson has a family to support.

Tommy was also relevant in composing Chinese tracks, if I'm not wrong.

TRUPUNX™ rant aside,isn't Stinson just as commercial a musician as anyone else?

Of course but i wasn't the one waffling on about integrity, I was responding to people who were making such distinctions when they had no grounds to do so, especially about a man who has paid his dues in that regard.

I mean he may not have written big pop songs but he certainly wasn't working for free was he?

Throughout a lot of The Replacements era, yes he pretty much was insofar as he weren't getting a great deal out of it, in terms of GnR yes but this is exactly my point, people are picking holes in his integrity for earning a wage whilst being supporters of one of the biggest commercial rock bands of their day. Of any day in fact. Had I been the one that started this thread having a go at GnR this response would've been pertinent but I didn't.

Didn't the Replacements reunite for big bucks? Unless you are playing for free in your parents basement, at the end of the day it's a job and Stinson has a family to support.

Again, you're getting the cart before the horse here, i was responding to posts sneering about Tommys integrity. But since you've bought it up if The Mats did reunite for 'big bucks' it's reward for a fucking lifetime of chewing dirt and doing it the hard way. There's a massive difference there, the money The Mats made on their reunion probably wouldn't covers Axls psychiatrists bill from the early 90s.

Weren't there rumors about Axl and Tommy having some disputes around the end of the last tour? It's been a while so I don't really remember what exactly it was, but I'm sure there was this kind of speculation on the forums going on

Some of the posts in this thread perfectly embody why I hate this whole reunion scenario. Fucking heartlessly dismissing the hard work and dedication of guys who came in with the best intentions and gave whatever they could for the music and the fans/celebrating people losing their jobs...

Fuck that shit.

• Like 4

Some of the posts in this thread perfectly embody why I hate this whole reunion scenario. Fucking heartlessly dismissing the hard work and dedication of guys who came in with the best intentions and gave whatever they could for the music and the fans/celebrating people losing their jobs...

Fuck that shit.

While I agree with you an extent, who is losing their job? Edited by GNRSkidRow1

Fuck that shit.

While I agree with you an extent, who is losing their job?

Well, we don't know yet, but with a Slash-Duff-Axl-Izzy-Steven reunion, potentially everyone (except maybe Dizzy).