Nightrain works with Coachella to set aside a quantity of tickets earmarked for Nightrain members Only - Jan 6th @ 11PM PST

Comedian.

Diesel, you often intrigue me and frustrate me in equal measures. I mean, there must be a reason you frequent a GNR board daily and not a Stones board? When will you shake the obviously deep-roted, hipster shame you feel about loving this band? You're here, you're queer (for GNR), get used to it.

Hey, I've pulled some good bootlegs from IORR

They really should be careful not to make this look like a big cashgrab thing though. The rumoured prices for the shows and tickets and now this. This is Stones money. And as much as I love GnR... they are not the Stones.

Fuckin' Right they're not the Stones, THEY'RE BETTER!

Came to say this, anyone who disagrees can just go %%%%. If they dont agree I dare them to name at least 5 or 10 memorable songs and sing along to at least 2 of them. Yeah... that's too hard right? Never got the reason they are/were "big"

Edited by DocArunas

They really should be careful not to make this look like a big cashgrab thing though. The rumoured prices for the shows and tickets and now this. This is Stones money. And as much as I love GnR... they are not the Stones.

Came to say this, anyone who disagrees can just go %%%%. If they dont agree I dare them to name at least 5 or 10 memorable songs and sing along to at least 2 of them. Yeah... that's too hard right? Never got the reason they are/were "big"

Stones or Guns? I can name about fifty memorable stones songs and sing along to everyone.

FUCKIN' RIGHT X 2!!!

i take SCOM and WTTJ riff over anything written by Kieth

• Like 2

FUCKIN' RIGHT X 2!!!

I really hate obsessed fanboys like this who can't make the distinction between their personal opinions and what a band has actually accomplished. I love GnR, but I stick by the cashgrab statement. You do a reunion tour and you put prices on it that are on the same level as the most expensive tickets that the biggest rock and roll band in history (certainly in terms of lenglevity as well as success) have ever asked. That stuff can leave a lot of people with a faul taste in their mouths. No, not you, of course. But mygnr members and their opinions don't sell out stadiums.

• Like 1

FUCKIN' RIGHT X 2!!!

I really hate obsessed fanboys like this who can't make the distinction between their personal opinions and what a band has actually accomplished. I love GnR, but I stick by the cashgrab statement. You do a reunion tour and you put prices on it that are on the same level as the most expensive tickets that the biggest rock and roll band in history (certainly in terms of lenglevity as well as success) have ever asked. That stuff can leave a lot of people with a faul taste in their mouths. No, not you, of course. But mygnr members and their opinions don't sell out stadiums.

Well keep hating bitch...cause thats the truth. :lol:

Good joke kid.

Seriously though, even a full-scale GnR reunion isn't as big as the biggest rock band in the world. You can deny that all you want, but you'd quite simply be wrong. It has nothing to do with who you like better.

Kid? I'll be fuckin' 29 in 2 weeks! But you're right I wouldn't know anything about older music, I only have Elvis Fuckin' Presley as my avatar pic (and yes that his official name cuz he's The KING). I'm sorry that more girls wanna get laid to "Rocket Queen" than "I Can't Get No Satisfaction", The Stones are good, but they're nowhere near GNR. Theres so much more musical depth and talent on any song on any GNR album minus the song My World. Guitar wise, GNR runs circles around the stones. Being around a million years doesn't make you good, the Rolling Stones were called the Rolling Bones back when I was in school 20 years ago.

When someone said the Stones were bigger than GNR, I thought they were talking about Mick Jaggers Mouth!

Sometimes showing your Guns N' Roses pride on this forum makes you feel as if you shouted white power in a black neighborhood while burning 10 crosses. Whats up with that? is it in fine print here that this is really an anti GNR site?

Edited by SlashElvisTCB

Says a Stones fanboy.

By the way, There goes that sellout argument again, as I said elsewhere on this forum, anybody would take the cash these guys are being offered, its pure selfishness not to! they all have family, friends & loved ones who can benefit from it, why be a bitter selfish old man and not take it? Plus if they really hate the cash so much they could donate it to charity and be a boss. I thought you Kurt Cobain hippies were supposed to be all about love and peace and mary jane chilling? instead all you "true to yourself" grunge hipsters bitch about money but sure love talking about it.

Anyone in the position to grab that money would take it and don't you deny you wouldn't take it either!.

I'd advertise penis pumps if it put food on the table for my family & friends, so whats wrong with somebody putting their differences aside to make people happy while making a buck? that's capitalism at its finest, and everybody wins. No wonder Kurt killed himself, he found out it was impossible to not "sellout" that's at least what the Nirvana fans would like to think.

Edited by SlashElvisTCB

No, please not another Stones vs, GNR debate....
just no

Btw This is laughable:

The Stones are good, but they're nowhere near GNR. Theres so much more musical depth and talent on any song on any GNR album minus the song My World

This just shows that you know nothing about what's behind the music or what "musical depth" means

Other than this, Stones are here since 1962 and they've made tons of albums with tons of fillers and tons of hits....

The comparison is laughable and Axl will probably laugh at your face and Izzy will spit on your face...

There's a reason why they did covers about Jumping Jack Flash, Wild Horses, SFTD

Oh and i like GNR more than the Stones :lol:

Edited by Strange Broue

just no

Btw This is laughable:

The Stones are good, but they're nowhere near GNR. Theres so much more musical depth and talent on any song on any GNR album minus the song My World

This just shows that you know nothing about what's behind the music or what "musical depth" means

Other than this, Stones are here since 1962 and they've made tons of albums with tons of fillers and tons of hits....

The comparison is laugable and Axl will probably laugh at your face and Izzy will spit on your face...

There's a reason why they did covers about Jumping Jack Flash, Wild Horses, SFTD

I didn't say they sucked, I just said classic GNR is a better band. If GNR were together since the 60s they'd have endless songs as well, quality over quantity. I'm not denying they didn't have a good contribution to music, but what I'm saying is song structure in GNR is light years ahead of the stones, if you quit being a lazy arse and picked up a musical instrument you'd concur that learning Stones songs vs learning a GNR song is much easier and much more boring. Keith couldn't polish Slash's guitar strap and that's FACT, I know the guys would be humble and deny they are better but I'll say what needs to be said, GNR for the win!.

http://tsort.info/music/faq_album_sales.htm

GNR at #21 all time and The Stones at #75 all time for best album vs best album. I win. Plus GNR has the Illusions albums at #116 & #146 waaay ahead of the stones next best effort at #216. Don't let personal opinions get in the way of facts my good sir.

Edited by SlashElvisTCB

Fuck, my paycheck doesn't clear until to tomorrow

Yeah well this month it seems I won't get my paycheck no less than 10th.

Btw how much are the tickets for?

$399 for general admission. That doesn't include camping.

FUCK...... Any idea how far is this from LA? like Can i Drive up there and come back after the show? Im really not in to festivals, I got back problems, But man this is GNR, so I am willing to take the risk to wait for this, but well lets see.....

FUCK...... Any idea how far is this from LA? like Can i Drive up there and come back after the show? Im really not in to festivals, I got back problems, But man this is GNR, so I am willing to take the risk to wait for this, but well lets see.....

Couple of hours, if I am not mistaken. Apparently getting out of the parking lot can take a while, though.

A little over 3 hours, so you could do it.

Anyone else planning on getting tickets today, Nightrain or not?

The ironic thing is, Guns N' Roses themselves would not agree, about them being anywhere near the same level as The Stones - Izzy, Slash and Gilby especially (all Stonesholics). There is no greater evidence of this than the amount of Stones songs covered by Guns N' Roses: 'Jumpin' Jack Flash'; 'Sympathy for the Devil'; 'Dead Flowers'; 'Wild Horses'.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

No, I looked into it, but it would just be too costly for me, traveling from the UK. And jet lag + a massive festival like Coachella might not be the best combination anyway.

No, I looked into it, but it would just be too costly for me, traveling from the UK. And jet lag + a massive festival like Coachella might not be the best combination anyway.

True, supposedly they will play a few european dates in mid 2016, so I hope that happens. I hope they do some individual shows.

Mr. Sabbath, are you planning to go to Coachella?

just no

Btw This is laughable:

The comparison is laugable and Axl will probably laugh at your face and Izzy will spit on your face...

I didn't say they sucked, I just said classic GNR is a better band. If GNR were together since the 60s they'd have endless songs as well, quality over quantity. I'm not denying they didn't have a good contribution to music, but what I'm saying is song structure in GNR is light years ahead of the stones, if you quit being a lazy arse and picked up a musical instrument you'd concur that learning Stones songs vs learning a GNR song is much easier and much more boring. Keith couldn't polish Slash's guitar strap and that's FACT, I know the guys would be humble and deny they are better but I'll say what needs to be said, GNR for the win!.

http://tsort.info/music/faq_album_sales.htm

GNR at #21 all time and The Stones at #75 all time for best album vs best album. I win. Plus GNR has the Illusions albums at #116 & #146 waaay ahead of the stones next best effort at #216. Don't let personal opinions get in the way of facts my good sir.

I don't want to further derail this thread, but...

1. "If"'s do not exist in reality, sorry

2. Without the Stones ,you would not have GNR. its that simple

3. song structures? it's just mainly power chords in a good combination (sans some of the guitar solos) :lol: You certainly have not heard great jazz records, or technical metal stuff for example

4. Keith came from a musical athmosphere where techincal guitar playing was not a big thing. He came from a time where rock n' roll wasn't even fully born yet...

5. Slash or Izzy aren't guitar afficionados either. In this New GNR versions, you could see MILES better players than Slash or Izzy.... i would say all of them are great players (except DJ Ashba)

6. and fucking Michael Jackson is the first on that list :lol: . AC/DC is the 6th. Now, go and tell me about technicality. You do realise that Stones album is a Greatest Hits compilation, right? :lol:

Personal opinions get in the way of facts? :facepalm:

You're a joke, sorry

Edited by Strange Broue