Nightrain works with Coachella to set aside a quantity of tickets earmarked for Nightrain members Only - Jan 6th @ 11PM PST

The ticket thing is cool, however they built up the announcement as if it would be much more than that. The tickets being set aside could easily have been something attached to the end of an awesome press release about the confirmation of who is in the band and a tour

Edited by WhazUp

Guys, you can express your opinions, but let's hold off on some of the insults and derogatory remarks. It's a cool gesture for fans regardless of whether you're going to the show. The other stuff will surely be revealed in due time--don't get your panties in a twist. Let's instead look at the cool stuff, like the fact that AXL, SLASH AND DUFF ARE PLAYING TOGETHER AGAIN.

really, people complaining they have set aside tix for their fans? they have tix for weekend 1 which is sold out btw and when coachella tix go on sale they will be gone within hours.

Exactly. It's a nice gesture for the die-had fans who are registered over there.

There's no way I can make a Coachella trip happen which sucks, but I still think the fact that they worked this out kicks all sorts of ass

• Like 1

The ticket thing is cool, however they built up the announcement as if it would be much more than that. The tickets being set aside could easily have been something attached to the end up an awesome press release about the confirmation of who is in the band and a tour

They are making otherwise almost impossible tickets for (apparently) the first GNR reunion show available at face value for their fans. The first weekend was sold out as far as I know before anyone was officially announced. The club is allowing you to buy tickets to either weekend. That IMO,is worthy of an announcement on it's own.

Anticlimactic... that doesn't answer the question of whether people should drop huge money on coachella or wait for a tour...I'll be bummed if I don't move mountains to get to Coachella if they don't tour afterwards but as most people here say, the money and travel really adds up.

That's cool of them, the bitching is unwarranted.

It's perfectly plausible that who's in the band is not 100% worked out at this point. The same goes for tour dates, locations etc.

There has been more than a reasonable amount of publicity in the last few days with the teaser, the Coachella review, the official press release, with Kimmel being the sole hiccup. We are more than three months away from the first show, there is plenty of time for more info to surface and press appearances to intensify.

The whiny bunch really should chill the fuck out a bit.

That's cool of them, the bitching is unwarranted.

It's perfectly plausible that who's in the band is not 100% worked out at this point. The same goes for tour dates, locations etc.

There has been more than a reasonable amount of publicity in the last few days with the teaser, the Coachella review, the official press release, with Kimmel being the sole hiccup. We are more than three months away from the first show, there is plenty of time for more info to surface and press appearances to intensify.

The whiny bunch really should chill the fuck out a bit.

If the lineup is not stabilized, how about a press release stating as such?

Look Slash is back in which is awesome. Actually beyond awesome, however GNR management are seemingly choosing the most vague and untransparent ways of getting the word out and they in my opinion are kind of dropping the ball on what should be one of the biggest reunion announcements in rock

All it would take is a penned note from Axl or Axl with Slash and Duff saying they are back together and are ready to kick all of our asses this year on the road. That would singlehandedly generate much, much more buzz and media attention than everything else that has been done so far combined

Edited by WhazUp

I really hope a southamerican tour. Or at least a couploa of shows in Brazil / Argentina. Dont know what to do over here... i sell stuff so a get some cash to pay for the trip? I wait for the stadium tour? i wait for the south american tour? Thinking....

Cool offer, but who's in the band right now?

I have a sneaky feeling that it's only Slash and Duff joining the rest of the new Guns lineup, due to their refusal to name anyone else. Of course they could still be trying to get commitments from other original members but I doubt they'd be part of more than a guest appearance.

If I had to guess it's Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Dizzy, Chris, Frank. Maybe another guitarist if they plan on playing Chi-Dem songs.

I really hope a southamerican tour. Or at least a couploa of shows in Brazil / Argentina. Dont know what to do over here... i sell stuff so a get some cash to pay for the trip? I wait for the stadium tour? i wait for the south american tour? Thinking....

I'd wait if I was you.

Going by the press release, it looks like Duff & Slash are joining the current lineup. If Izzy, Adler etc. are part of it, it will probably be on a "special appearance" level, kinda like Mick Taylor did on the last Stones tour.

I have a sneaky feeling that it's only Slash and Duff joining the rest of the new Guns lineup, due to their refusal to name anyone else. Of course they could still be trying to get commitments from other original members but I doubt they'd be part of more than a guest appearance.

If I had to guess it's Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Dizzy, Chris, Frank. Maybe another guitarist if they plan on playing Chi-Dem songs.

You think? Maybe i will yeah. But if i miss my chance...

It'll be hard to get tickets to both. While you are using your Nightrain password,you may want to have a friend purchasing tickets for the other weekend since I heard this sells out very quickly.

Nightrain members will not need to worry about that. You will be able to get tickets to both shows in the same transaction. Details will be shared tomorrow.-The MOD

You think? Maybe i will yeah. But if i miss my chance...

That's how I feel too. It honestly isn't worth the huge financial hit but if I miss the only opportunity I'll be bummed.