What Are You Listening To 2016

Black Sabbath

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

(George Best is an iconic football player and legendary alcoholic :D )  And oh yeah, going on the piss means goin' out drinking, pub crawling etc)

i was wondering how the heck you knew Spirit in the Sky! the singer/writer of this gem was from Petaluma where i went to high school! it also has claims to fame at some point being the chicken capital of the world and the wrist wrestling championship of the world :P

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i was wondering how the heck you knew Spirit in the Sky! the singer/writer of this gem was from Petaluma where i went to high school! it also has claims to fame at some point being the chicken capital of the world and the wrist wrestling championship of the world :P

Spirit is the Sky is an extremely popular, internationally even, standard y'know.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Spirit is the Sky is an extremely popular, internationally even, standard y'know.

i really didn't know, it was just a one hit wonder that came from a guy who lived in a small town that i too lived in at some point. i mean his thing was to come onstage at a venue that was the Veteran's Hall and sing a song ( can't remember which, this was kind of an urban legend ) flapping his wings around and dancing in giant chicken feet. i have always loved the song and most people i knew who heard it liked it too but it wasn't like a "hey, there's that Norman Greenbaum, internationally known popular singer", most barely knew his name. :shrugs:

11 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i really didn't know, it was just a one hit wonder that came from a guy who lived in a small town that i too lived in at some point. i mean his thing was to come onstage at a venue that was the Veteran's Hall and sing a song ( can't remember which, this was kind of an urban legend ) flapping his wings around and dancing in giant chicken feet. i have always loved the song and most people i knew who heard it liked it too but it wasn't like a "hey, there's that Norman Greenbaum, internationally known popular singer", most barely knew his name. :shrugs:

No song gets made into a football chant that ain't massive.  But yeah, it's hugely famous, I mean just think of all the films it's been in.

• Like 1