04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I'm freaking out over the Arena pics! It's way smaller thant I was expecting - at least that's what it seems by the pics.
I was having some family problems this week and my trip to Vegas almost got cancelled. But now everything's ok and I'm having the hardest time concentrating at work. Six days until I get on the plane!!!

Oh no!  Hope all is well, glad you're still able to make it!

8 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I'm freaking out over the Arena pics! It's way smaller thant I was expecting - at least that's what it seems by the pics.
I was having some family problems this week and my trip to Vegas almost got cancelled. But now everything's ok and I'm having the hardest time concentrating at work. Six days until I get on the plane!!!

Glad everything is ok, it would've sucked if you couldn't make it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KURT19 said:

Guns Vegas.jpg

Wow way smaller than I expected. There really isn't even much of a difference between the single digit sections and the upper 200s. Usually those seats are way up high. Sweet :)

Edited by KiernanProud

30 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Good to read that everything's ok now!!!!!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Wow way smaller than I expected. There really isn't even much of a difference between the single digit sections and the upper 200s. Usually those seats are way up high. Sweet :)

Not to sound like a dick, but it looks like every other arena seating design I've ever seen.  100's, club/boxes, upper deck.  

The place really does look awesome though.

Now, all Vegas needs is a hockey team so the place actually has a long term purpose.  :wacko:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

Not to sound like a dick, but it looks like every other arena seating design I've ever seen.  100's, club/boxes, upper deck.  

Now, all Vegas needs is a hockey team so the place actually has a long term purpose.  :wacko:

That's my deal; this doesn't look any smaller than any other arena I've ever seen. That pic is pretty much where my seats are though, so that's kinda neat for me to see.

7 hours ago, halfday said:

Hey guys, I just purchased two tickets for the Saturday show from AXS official site. Section 9 row J for $199.00 apiece. If you need tickets give it a shot!

I didn't see that. Was that the AXS premium site? What was the face value on those when they were originally put on sale? Did you have to buy a pair now?

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's my deal; this doesn't look any smaller than any other arena I've ever seen. That pic is pretty much where my seats are though, so that's kinda neat for me to see.

There is no further advancement.  Companies like HOK have done serious high level analytics to determine how to arrange the seats so that they can squeeze as many heads in as possible and still ensue the best site lines.  This is the best humans are gonna be able to do, unless we change forms or something.

The only variable is whether it's main purpose is gonna be for basketball, hockey or both.  Hockey layouts are more oval and basketball more angular, because you don't have to deal with odd angles caused by the boards and shit.

The interior of this arena looks a LOT like the Prudential Center in NJ near me, which has some of the best sitelines I've ever experienced. 

• Like 1

My friend from Germany who purchased a VIP package was just informed the merchandise must be sent to a USA or Canadian address.

My friend will be staying with my family in Sin City and will have the merch sent to my mom's home. If any international VIPers need an address to send their stuff to in Las Vegas, just let me know. I'll be in town from April 5th-14th. My family and I will make sure you get your stuff.

Edited by rockphantom

5 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

Ok, I now have a Friday AND a Saturday ticket :D.

I'm also going to be poor for the rest of my life. 

I have TWO Friday and TWO Saturday tickets! Damnit, a divorce would've been cheaper! :lol:

Edited by Dazey

1 minute ago, Saltzy said:

There is no further advancement.  Companies like HOK have done serious high level analytics to determine how to arrange the seats so that they can squeeze as many heads in as possible and still ensue the best site lines.  This is the best humans are gonna be able to do, unless we change forms or something.

The only variable is whether it's main purpose is gonna be for basketball, hockey or both.  Hockey layouts are more oval and basketball more angular, because you don't have to deal with odd angles caused by the boards and shit.

The interior of this arena looks a LOT like the Prudential Center in NJ near me, which has some of the best sitelines I've ever experienced. 

Yep. Looks extremely similar to The Palace of Auburn Hills as well and that was built in '88 or '89. Like you said, there's just no room for improvement on an arena design really.

I gotta say.... it will be nice to see them in an arena WITHOUT the upper levels covered by black curtains though haha.

2 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

The MGM Garden Arena seats 20K but is a smaller arena.   No suites or VIP club level.  It's literally just a bowl with all seats.   

3 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I didn't see that. Was that the AXS premium site? What was the face value on those when they were originally put on sale? Did you have to buy a pair now?

That was face value.

Just now, Dazey said:

I have two Friay and two Saturday tickets! Damnit, a divorce would've been cheaper! :lol:

HA now that's just greedy!

And it's thanks to you I'm going at all @Dazey  - if you hadn't have told me about the Dublin flight thing, it would've been way out of my league. I salute you :headbang:

• Like 1

Just now, Original said:

The MGM Garden Arena seats 20K but is a smaller arena.   No suites or VIP club level.  It's literally just a bowl with all seats.   

Right, and that place sucks.  The corners feel a million miles away.  It also has the personality of my morning dump.

It's a big hexagon type thing with crappy sitelines.

This arena is probably gonna spell the end of that festering shithole, and thank God for it too.

If there's a city in America that needs a state of the art arena for big events (outside of NYC) it's Las Vegas.

The ridiculous thing is they built this for an NHL team that doesn't even exist yet, which just seems insane.  Then again, Vegas does what Vegas wants to do.

12 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

Ok, I now have a Friday AND a Saturday ticket :D.

I'm also going to be poor for the rest of my life. 

I'm so happy for you! This is a once in a lifetime thing so just enjoy and everything else will be just fine. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saltzy said:

No I hear ya. But a lot of the places I've been to have 300 and 200 levels. If you compare it to the First Niagara Center in Buffalo for example from that view the highest level seats are wayyyy higher up. That's what I was expecting with my tickets but it's basically like they've done away with 300 level and have the ceiling lower to the level of the 200 seats. I can't explain it in words I'll just have to compare when I get there haha. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

A buddy local to Vegas tried to get some of the released tickets for Saturday and says they're already gone. 

I am fucking bullish on how this market is gonna be like 9-10PM before these shows.  Certainly for Saturday if the Friday night show gets good reviews.

Overall, these are starting to look like some of the most expensive arena show tickets I've ever seen.

$300 just get in prices for an arena show is crazytown.  Throw in the fact that like 95% of the people with tickets are not gonna be looking to sell them after schlepping out to Vegas to see the shows.

I'll bet that in the hours before these shows the 'cheap' listings on Stubhub are gonna be in the $400, (plus 15% fees) range.  That would be about the most expensive arena show I've ever seen.