04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

3 minutes ago, BigD62 said:

Should be a lot of rock n roll royalty in Vegas for these shows. Make sure you post your celebrity sightings in Vegas next weekend.

Not only that, but there is a fairly big fight at MGM that weekend also and that brings in a lot of star power usually as well!  

Keep your eyeballs peeled, you never know who you may see!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Critical Solution said:

If i'm not allowed to wear my bandana and wallet chain inside I'm going to lose my shit!

Wallet chain may not be allowed.  Not sure on the rules there but around here they are not normally allowed in a venue

7 hours ago, Leivis said:

Ce0ip10UIAIq6xF.jpg

I don't get the above image. That can't be the stage at the front because there is no place for the Pit. Also how will the seated floor sections work with that big display screen in the middle? Are they supposed to be either side of it? Or is the front of the arena the right hand side of this photo?

Just out of interest though (because I have 5 days till I fly and I'm clinging on to any bit of info to make the time go faster) does anyone know which way is the front or back in that photo? And that display screen will stay regardless of show I assume. 

Exactly Black Sabbath. Bands playing arenas carry everything, including the stage.

And the video screen in the center gets raised all the way up to the roof for the shows. 

That 'scoreboard' video screen in the middle is only on the ground for cleaning or maintenance. It'll be in the rafters at the show.

Edited by bbedwards
  • Like 1

Ok so because I can't focus on work AT ALL this week and all I can think about is Vegas, here's a question for everyone:

Outside of the fairly certain to be played tunes (the regulars from Appetite etc) if you could choose only ONE less common song to be played next weekend, what would it be?

8 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

Ok so because I can't focus on work AT ALL this week and all I can think about is Vegas, here's a question for everyone:

Outside of the fairly certain to be played tunes (the regulars from Appetite etc) if you could choose only ONE less common song to be played next weekend, what would it be?

Definitely Coma, even though I know it's never gonna happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

I listened to the live version of this this morning, it is epic.

I really want at some point during the show Axl to say "you thought you were coming to see trained professionals, but we're just jerk offs like everyone else!" His whole talk before Coma on Live Era is awesome.

As for a deep cut that has no shot? I guess I'll go with Breakdown, which I'd just kill to see live. The honor could have also easily gone to Dead Horse or Reckless Life off the top of my head.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I really want at some point during the show Axl to say "you thought you were coming to see trained professionals, but we're just jerk offs like everyone else!" His whole talk before Coma on Live Era is awesome.

As for a deep cut that has no shot? I guess I'll go with Breakdown, which I'd just kill to see live. The honor could have also easily gone to Dead Horse or Reckless Life off the top of my head.

Breakdown is my personal long shot. I would absolutely love to hear it live but I'd never ever expect it.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

The deepest cut with no shot is One in a Million, which has less than that of ever actually being played.  I would pass out if they ever played that, which they wont. I fully concede that the lyrics are horrendous and racist and yadda yadda, but I absolutely love the absolute and utter 'I don't give a single fuckitness' Axl apex about that song.

Edited by Saltzy

3 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

The deepest cut with no shot is One in a Million, which has less than that of ever actually being played.  I would pass out if they ever played that, which they wont. I fully concede that the lyrics are horrendous and racist and yadda hadda, but I absolutely love the absolute and utter 'I don't give a single fuckitness' Axl apex about that song.

I heard GNR Lies on the way to work this morning (easy to listen to when I'm tired at 2AM cause its "quiet" lol) and heard One In A Million and thought "boy, there's NO shot of this!" Its an amazing song. I think thats generally agreed upon here. What was funny is the first thought that entered my mind is they probably COULD play it now because so much time has passed that the lyrics wouldn't actually get to anyone anymore. Then I realized most people probably wouldn't know it so they'd be thrown off by the "racism". Just hearing the word hooray for tolerance! shouted in an arena probably wouldn't be good.

7 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

The deepest cut with no shot is One in a Million, which has less than that of ever actually being played.  I would pass out if they ever played that, which they wont. I fully concede that the lyrics are horrendous and racist and yadda yadda, but I absolutely love the absolute and utter 'I don't give a single fuckitness' Axl apex about that song.

Speaking of Lies, I was listening to Live Era the other day and the version of You're Crazy on there is excellent. I'd love it if they brought the Lies version out for a stop or too on the tour.

• Like 3