04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

24 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

It looks cool, although I'm not generally a fan of massive arenas like this. Still wondering how many people are allowed into GA Floor....

The GA section of the floor is only the half nearest the stage...not sure exactly how many it is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Has anything changed in terms of people's hopes for Steven, Izzy or (LOL) Sorum guest appearances in Vegas?

Meaning I went from thinking Izzy would DEFINITELY appear and now I'm like 25% at most.

Total opposite, I thought there was no way Steven showed until Coachella but am not at like 60% over the 20% I was at a month ago.

Anything new to suggest... well, any movement in that department lol? Or is it just a total wait and see?

I am forcing myself (or trying to) to go into the Vegas shows with the expectation of only Axl, Slash and Duff from the original 5, but I still keep searching this forum for any info on Adler or Izzy as well.  No news since the Mitch Lafon tweets about Adler, as far as I know.  

Edited by Braxon Raine

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

No Izzy here but listen to that fucking voice!!!!

http://youtu.be/w7h1NouJ2do

Axl fucking KILLED on this song. No joke one of my favorite moments from him. I'd love him to just be laid back and be able to belt out that iconic voice again. I really hope Slash is an impetus for that. There's nothing more that I want to do than to say "Axl Rose sounds fucking great" again.

27 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

It looks cool, although I'm not generally a fan of massive arenas like this. Still wondering how many people are allowed into GA Floor....

Not sure it's "massive" as it's a normal (US) arena size (normal being 17,000-20,000).  Think T-Mobile is 20,000, although they are not selling behind stage.  The stage jets out at the one end, so go from there on how many people will be on floor.  Think of a hockey rink minus 1/3 or a little less for stage.

• Like 1

Just now, Braxon Raine said:

I am forcing myself (or trying to) to go into the Vegas shows with the expectation of only Axl, Slash and Duff from the original 5, but I still keep searching this forum for any info on Adler or Izzy as well.  No news since the Mitch Lafon tweets about Adler, as far as I know.  

Yeah, I'm pretty much doing the same. Night 1 will be fine no matter what. Just seeing those 3 on stage will be enough. That'll probably be enough for Night 2 as well, but if I'm being honest the Appetite lineup showing up night 2 would really just make the weekend so perfect.

1 minute ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Yeah, I'm pretty much doing the same. Night 1 will be fine no matter what. Just seeing those 3 on stage will be enough. That'll probably be enough for Night 2 as well, but if I'm being honest the Appetite lineup showing up night 2 would really just make the weekend so perfect.

If the Appetite line up shows up on Saturday night and not Friday I will sob. Literally. I hope for everyone's sake if they show at all that they do both shows rather than either/or.

The more time has gone on the more I feel Adler could be there. I don't know what else would explain his total silence, it is so out of character. Izzy on the other hand I think is less likely :(

But I'm still enjoying living in deluded hope. And no matter what happens, nothing can change how awesome it's going to be. Even if Axl sounds like my mum on stage - it'll still be epic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dazey said:

No Izzy here but listen to that fucking voice!!!!

http://youtu.be/w7h1NouJ2do

Skin N' Bones was the fucking tour... 

9 minutes ago, Braxon Raine said:

My cousin was asking about Adler and Izzy yesterday.. I told him the same.. At this point I am just going in with the expectations of only Axl Slash and Duff to keep from getting disappointed.. And if Adler and Izzy do show up... BONER TIME!!

Just now, Gilla999 said:

If the Appetite line up shows up on Saturday night and not Friday I will sob. Literally. I hope for everyone's sake if they show at all that they do both shows rather than either/or.

The more time has gone on the more I feel Adler could be there. I don't know what else would explain his total silence, it is so out of character. Izzy on the other hand I think is less likely :(

But I'm still enjoying living in deluded hope. And no matter what happens, nothing can change how awesome it's going to be. Even if Axl sounds like my mum on stage - it'll still be epic.

Oh absolutely. In no way am I trying to make it sound like they should fuck over the Friday people that won't be going Saturday. Of course I hope for everyone's sake they are there both nights. Just saying I can understand it from the view that night 1 doesn't need anymore excitement. Night 2 is pretty much the same, but it can't be denied that if they WANTED to step it up THAT would be a change. To have them just appear Friday would make night 2 pretty much a step down, at least in terms of excitement, so I can understand if they want to spread it out over the weekend.

I agree with your thoughts about Steven and Izzy, and also that its gonna be fucking awesomely epic no matter what happens these two nights.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

Pretty much spot on.  Although that's another reason I'm doing both shows, I don't want to miss anything...and I couldn't live with myself if I were in Vegas and they were playing and I wasn't there.  What would be cool (since it's sold out) were if they were to livestream the show on T-Mobiles outdoor screens for people that can't afford tix to night 2 or didn't get them. 

Edited by Original
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

I wish Guns was the first concert at the arena. The Killers are going to taint the arena first apparently. 

No I'm kinda glad Guns will be the 3rd concert. The 1st 2 can break it in, work out any sound kinks etc....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Original said:

Pretty much spot on.  Although that's another reason I'm doing both shows, I don't want to miss anything...and I couldn't live with myself if I were in Vegas and they were playing and I wasn't there.  What would be cool (since it's sold out) were if they were to livestream the show on T-Mobiles outdoor screens for people that can't afford tix to night 2 or didn't get them. 

Oh Gawd. I've tried to resist the voice in my head that wants me to do both nights but maybe I should accept that I'm going to need to be there and try and find a ticket now, rather than spending the whole of Saturday trawling the streets looking for a ticket and spending $$$$$. If either of them turned up on the Saturday I would never forgive myself for not being there.

I'll take a look on the right thread, but if anyone hears of a ticket being sold for the Saturday let me know....

1 minute ago, Gilla999 said:

Oh Gawd. I've tried to resist the voice in my head that wants me to do both nights but maybe I should accept that I'm going to need to be there and try and find a ticket now, rather than spending the whole of Saturday trawling the streets looking for a ticket and spending $$$$$. If either of them turned up on the Saturday I would never forgive myself for not being there.

I'll take a look on the right thread, but if anyone hears of a ticket being sold for the Saturday let me know....

You gotta go, you won't enjoy yourself Saturday and especially Saturday night knowing that GnR are playing live in town. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GunnersFan said:

Can't believe how close this is! Happy with the seats I ended up with. 

Friday night - Section 5, Row L. Jack Daniels Club Access (not sure what that gets me) and Gold VIP merch (hopefully I get it, I'm from outside North America).

Saturday night - Section 214, Row A. Section furthest from the stage, but directly in line. Front row of it, so unimpeded view. I can also sit my old ass down when I need to!

Had my time in the pits, happy with a reserved seat these days.

In between now and these gigs, I've got Wrestlemania and WWE Raw in Dallas, so pretty pumped for the next two weeks. Realizing my childhood and teenage dreams!

I won't know a soul in Vegas, so I look forward to seeing you all at the meet-ups. I'll just look for the group of super-hyped 30 and 40 somethings!

Hey many I'm going to NXT, Mania and Raw too! Section 9R Row A for Mania! It'd be so surreal if I bumped into you at both Mania and GNR! Haha

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Behind blue eyes said:

Agreed, but minus Coma ?

Are you serious?  Coma is basically the holy grail of live GnR tunes.

13 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

anyone else hoping they dont do some long intro video (unless its a recap and new footage of how they got up to this point) and it just be like the old days with Duffs bass tech coming out and saying something and then GUNS N FUCKING ROSES 

Not hoping...that's what I totally expect.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

anyone else hoping they dont do some long intro video (unless its a recap and new footage of how they got up to this point) and it just be like the old days with Duffs bass tech coming out and saying something and then GUNS N FUCKING ROSES 

No video, unless it's clips of interviews and news recaps/headlines of Axl calling Slash "a cancer," saying how one of them will be dead before they play together again, etc. Put all that shit up on the big screen.

Otherwise, just drop the lights and get started.

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

No.. I am looking forward to a very cool video that just gets the place amped out of our minds.. Then that dude can come out.

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

Coma is a fucking great tune. I'd love it if the arena went totally silent and all you hear is the opening beat to Coma. 

Axl would probably keel over trying to sing that song..