04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

13 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Its still hard for me to believe that Axl, Slash and Duff are back. Over the past so many years I have seen so many GNR cover bands dressed as Axl and Slash, but man this is REAL.

This is so amazing, nuGNR was just a joke with hired hands.

Even after so many years of fighting, Slash and Axl are still like brothers. The chemistry between them is just awesome. 

As soon as Duff and Slash came back, the old GNR sound came back, we started to get some videos, they even changed the intro's of some songs and made it "better". As some one mentioned before that it took Axl so many years to work on CD and within a few weeks he allowed Slash and Duff to make the changes. 

Seriously man, we need a new album. 

i can feel the chemistry all the way to fucking Belgium

man, the world may have gone to shit, but Axl and Slash are doing this and enjoying themselves. hard to explain but i'm living on a cloud for the past week, i can't even sleep of excitement. my wife is getting nuts lol

• Like 1

I spent the last eight hours watching a good majority of online videos from last night's show.  What a fantastic show!  And I believe Axl was able to really let loose on the deeper cuts due to him being bound to the throne and not running around trying to catch a breath.  Should be interesting in June when the Summer stadium tour hits the US in late June.  I'll be attending the second to last gig (Aug 15th) and looking forward to following all the shows leading up to it.  I saw GN'R in Vegas 2001, 2006 and 2014.  Prior to those shows, I last saw GN'R with Metallica Aug 1992.

And a big hand to Richard, Frank, Dizzy, and Melissa for kicking ass alongside Axl, Slash, and Duff.  They're all well established musicians in their own right.  Aside from Izzy not wanting to participate in the tour and Steven undergoing back surgery, it'll be interesting if those pop up on any shows.  Would be a nice surprise, but I'm not holding my breath.  I can see Steven guesting a few shows, but Izzy seems adamant about keeping his distance.

I'm expecting tonight's second show in Vegas to be just as spectacular as last night.

• Like 1

The thing Axl did last night was close his eyes and listen to Slash's solo's...every time he looked his way it was in admiration of the performance. He looked really content watching Slash at times. 

Axl  started the show with a black shirt smiley face with X's for eyes. So maybe that was him showing appreciation for the chair. Axl seemed a little embaressed to be stuck in a chair at times...but like I said earlier it made Coma creepy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

The thing Axl did last night was close his eyes and listen to Slash's solo's...every time he looked his way it was in admiration of the performance. He looked really content watching Slash at times. 

Axl  started the show with a black shirt smiley face with X's for eyes. So maybe that was him showing appreciation for the chair. Axl seemed a little embaressed to be stuck in a chair at times...but like I said earlier it made Coma creepy

Aside from having Slash back in the fold, I think maybe Axl doesn't feel the entire show lies on his shoulders now (?)  I don't know, just a quick assumption since he seemed less stressed, more relaxed and truly enjoying himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

Did anybody noticed that Slash on the teasing part before the actual riff on wttj ...he did like the ashba thing ... Bending the note ..

Wtf was that ??

Did axl told him to do it that way ??

I don't know, but Axl's "you're gonna die" at the beginning was insane.

I'd also say his vocals were impacted greatly by the chair, you can't sit down and sing a GNR song properly. It's going to mess up your breathing and how much air is getting through. If he was singing slow jams all night it would be fine, but trying to keep up with the tempo of some of the music would be difficult, I thought he was going to fall out of the chair at times. 

On KOHD he had to re position himself to let out that last incredible line. I don't think the chair did any favors for his voice but we will see in June

I think Slash enjoyed last night more than he will lead on, in interviews he is always talking about how Guns N Roses was a "past" thing and how he was over it, but you know he missed it and GNR was his baby, him playing out their under the name Guns N Roses was I am sure about as good of a feeling he had in the last 20 something years

4 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

Anyone notice that a decent amount of these reviews (while very positive of the show) are shitting on the UYI albums? We get it, they're bloated and there's a lot of filler. They're also awesome....

it's fashionable to shit on GNR and the UYI albums are an easy target. surprised they didnt mention CD more (which would be more relevant). bad journalism, as per usual.

Rolling stone has done a positive review. i expect more to follow, with lots of copy paste from that review. i rarely read reviews to form an opinion, but curiosity got the best of me this time. 

8 hours ago, Ifdworld said:

that's some bullshit right there. stating your opinion as a fact, isn't a fact.

Just because you're not fond of a particular musician it doesn't make him a bad musician necessarily. your opinion is only an opinion. the only fact here is that frank is a great professional drummer and so is matt but picking favourites is based on taste and not music proficiency. 

He fucked up Jungle at Trobadour - FACT

He can't play the intro for YCBM or November Rain- FACT

He sucks in DTJ - FACT

Give it up son.

9 minutes ago, cherrymoon said:

Duff's going to be touring with Hollywood Vampires May - July. Hope an extended tour doesn't impact on GnR touring the rest of the world.

I'm sort of wondering if Duff is going to do that now. All of Matt Sorum's IG posts about HV has left Duff out of it, while Matt has tagged or hashtagged all the other members of HV. And Duff hasn't retweeted anything about the new HV dates.