04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

This...

The third and final "Chinese Democracy" song performed, "Better", was also a revelation. The band added a dark, heavy intro and stronger backing vocals that gave the song a completely different flavor, and after Slash nailed another sharp solo, it was finally clear why the album took Axl more than a decade to complete: It was missing something. It was missing this.

Yes.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/review-guns-n-roses-felt-like-guns-n-roses-again-at-first-official-comeback-concert/

17 minutes ago, cherrymoon said:

Duff's going to be touring with Hollywood Vampires May - July. Hope an extended tour doesn't impact on GnR touring the rest of the world.

I'm sort of wondering if Duff is going to do that now. All of Matt Sorum's IG posts about HV has left Duff out of it, while Matt has tagged or hashtagged all the other members of HV. And Duff hasn't retweeted anything about the new HV dates. 

Oh, that's interesting.

Ok just caught up with the vids and threads, Thank you to ALL who posted stuff!!:lol: Ive had a great evening in front of my computer (weird i know ) 

I love this feeling of community right now! 

love and peace to you all (except the occasional negative dicks)

Great mods here too

I keep watching again and again This I Love and despite what most of the people say here, love it.

Slash owned it in his own fuckin' way. Such an emotional solo, so much passion there..

Don't forget that this song comes back fom the UYI era. Was written back then, so maybe there are any demos with Slash on it?

You all talk about TWaT, I.R.S.. I want Shackler's god damn it..! Sooooooo powerful!

About halfway through the show, they've already passed my expectations. They all sound on point. It's a good feeling to see them on stage together. Good shit.

Axl looks like a Bizarro Professor X sitting up there :lol:

Hate to be negative but I must admit that Axl being stuck in the chair did take a lot away for me. 

Fair play to him for pushing through but I was left disappointed overall with the performance. Maybe it just threw me at the start and I didn't recover.

Felt it took away about 30% from the show - that's a testament to what Axl brings as a performer as a whole. Think he brings so much energy that its loss was really felt with him out of action.

Having said that was great to hang with some fans, some from this forum.

Will be going to tonight's show with a revised outlook & hoping I'll enjoy it more. 

Edited by VillageGorillaHead

2 minutes ago, slash97 said:

Did anybody notice that Slash has gone back to wearing his old style hat and not the ugly plastic one he's been wearing for the past few years? Just another awesome little detail about this.

he has worn that one for ages now,he hasn't worn the leather one this year

For me Slash's 'This I Love' solo was the emotional highlight of the show.
Watching Axl with his eyes closed listening towards the end of the solo kinda says it all. Reminds me of something he said in this interview back in 88.

check it out..

Edited by passenger57

9 minutes ago, RnT said:

Cute kids! They´re lucky to be introduced to rock n roll in this age! I was that lucky too :headbang:

They are thanks☺ They actually preferred guns over cartoon network! I must have done something right?

Now, I hope tonight's concert will be just as good. Rock on!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, VillageGorillaHead said:

Hate to be negative but I must admit that Axl being stuck in the chair did take a lot away for me. 

Fair play to him for pushing through but I was left disappointed overall with the performance. Maybe it just threw me at the start and I didn't recover.

Felt it took away about 30% from the show - that's a testament to what Axl brings as a performer as a whole. Think he brings so much energy that its loss was really felt with him out of action.

Having said that was great to hang with some fans, some from this forum.

Will be going to tonight's show with a revised outlook & hoping I'll enjoy it more. 

Many attending had no idea Axl was in a foot cast until they actually saw him onstage.  I could see that being a bit of a negative experience since you're not getting 100% Axl rose running his ass around the stage.  Murphy's Law kicks in at the worse times.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

I keep watching again and again This I Love and despite what most of the people say here, love it.

Slash owned it in his own fuckin' way. Such an emotional solo, so much passion there..

Don't forget that this song comes back fom the UYI era. Was written back then, so maybe there are any demos with Slash on it?

I'm sure he's playing the same solo he originally recorded. Slash said in his bio his solos usually stay the same from the first time he played/composed them.

Maybe the original will make it's way to a reissue! :)

1 hour ago, nikosgnr said:

You all talk about TWaT, I.R.S.. I want Shackler's god damn it..! Sooooooo powerful!

I have also been replaying a lot. Love, love...

My thoughts on everything I saw from last night:

First off, I will like to give credit  to Axl for performing injured and being in a good mood about it. That being said, it really hurt the show for obvious reasons. Axl Rose is 50-60% of a GNR show. Having him sitting down throughout the show immediately takes points away from the performance. His voice was not good, I don't know what happened to him in 2010 to make him have such a strong voice, but I think it is safe to conclude that he will not sound like that ever again, Another thing I didn't like was the crowd. You get more excitement from a pianist concert than you got from last night. That took a lot from the performance. The cell phone has killed the concert experience. 

I bought tickets to the San Diego show, but I have to be honest that I am not as excited about it as I was before watching the Vegas show. I know Axl will be healed by August, but if he was unable to hit the notes sitting down, I don't see how he will be able to do it moving around and dancing. The perfect time for a reunion would have been in 2010. I don't what it is, but there was no " IT" factor to the show. Somebody else on drums is desperately needed. I think if it was Slash's call, he would dump Frank immediately. The guy has no business drumming for GNR. He is a good drummer, just not for GNR. I am hoping that there is a miracle and Steven Adler will be able to play on some of these shows. Another thing that bothered me was the playing of the CD stuff. "Chinese Democracy"and "Better" have no business in these "reunion" shows. I can understand playing 1 song from CD per show and it should be a song that is closer to the old sound and complements  Slash's style. I think TIL was a good choice, but those other 2 songs are atrocious and kill the vibe of a show.

I give last night's show a C-. I would have given a lower score hadn't not been for Slash. He saved it.

Edited by SWINGTRADER