04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

I can't remember which forum member got a look at the set list before the show last night but I thank him for giving us the heads up about Coma and TIL going to be played. There were about 5 songs listed as alternative songs Don't Cry and Think About You were 2 I remember reading wonder if they'll get played tonight. 

36 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Good for you if that's your opinion but that's all it is, an opinion.

I was never that satisfied hearing TIL. But Slash managed to suprising me once again. His take on the TIL solo was truly amazing IMO, and it was like the missing link to that song.

I agree!  Slashed solo was amazing. 

22 minutes ago, AtGame7 said:

The fun part about opinions is that they aren't facts.  Those of us who remember the original band understand that there will be the fans who have just come along in the last 10 years and think one of the guitarist other than Slash are the real thing, and with all due respect (which in at least one case isn't much) non of them are Slash or are ever going to measure up when it comes to Guns N Roses.

Outside of GnR I still don't think there is much comparison, but to each his own.  Trying to convince any of the real, original GnR fans otherwise is pointless and just lets us know you are under 20 years old and want to argue for the guitarist you know, not what you should know.

First of all, i have no fukking clue what you are talking about regarding everything past your first sentence. I just said that Robin tries to sound as Slash is bs.

Im aware what an opinion is, but thanks for the update. To me, it sounded like that he expressed a fact rather than an opinion. But now when i reed his post again, im not so sure. 

Wow caught up at long last, been reading on and off all day. 

i' m really excited about Axls vocals, have not cringed once.

Duff and Slash looked totally at home, I love that hey are doing CD songs, and I never thought I would say that.

Damn shame about Axls foot, it spoils some of the interaction between them. hard to read the chemistry.

From the footage I've seen I'm surprised to see Slash so statutory, whilst Richard and Duff seem to be all over the stage, perhaps this isn't the case and it's just the impression from clips I have watched?

Thankyou to everyone who did stream last night, it made me feel included, ???? hoping the forum holds out tonight.

Glad everybodies enjoying themselves the excitement is tangible.

Can't wait for round 2. 

Unbelievable night and fantastic performance.  Axl was totally on fire.  Rasp was perfect, tone contr was great.  The screams on live and let die were impressive.  He even used rasp on paradise city.  Seeing slash and duff with him was like being back 20 yrs ago. I wish I had video, only got a few snips before my memory was used up. 

31 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Don't think so. Heard it now and it just sounded alike, but it was the very beginning of Rocket Queen main riff. Trust me, Id totally love to see them playing Riad, but I don't think we will anytime soon. 

Now Riad would be a song I'd love to hear Slash and Duff's take on, as while I love the ballads on ChiDem like TIL and TWAT, it's the rockers like Riad which are the weakest and most lacking oldGNR's touch.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Apollo said:

So is it Axl or somebody from TB that reads everything that is posted on this forum?

Ive been posting here for a lot of years. And one thing that really stands out over the past few tours is how the new additions to the set list mirror what people on this forum are clamoring for. 

Over the last year Coma was the main song people were saying they wished would be played. And boom. It's added to the set list. 

I can distinctively remember this happening with Estranged, you're crazy, and Civil War. 

Do you think it's Axl or Fernando or TB reading these forums to get a feel for what the fans are wanting?

I know a few of you will say my theory is crap and holds no water. But it's something I started paying attention to a few years ago. And as a test, a week ago, I said that Coma would be the song people are requesting the most. And sure enough......we get Coma. 

Whomever it is - thank you. 

It's obvious Guns know what the fans are asking for but whether they are getting it from the forums first hand or from a secondary source, I'm not sure.  When Axl stated the song was sort of a 'fairy tale' showed that he knew that's exactly what fans have been buzzing about for a few years.  They did it for the die-hards, the fans that are in these forums everyday, that's for sure.  When I called it out a few seconds before they played it, I got a few odd looks from casual fans....but the hardcore fans went absolutely nuts after they got over the shock of them actually playing it.  It was fun to watch.  

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Original said:

Sue the Troub.    Multi million dollar tour on the line and dump of a place has a slippery floor.   I'm kinda kidding but kinda serious... 

I was there and one of the things I was concerned about was slash's lack of interest and inactivity going into the show.

i cane out thinking that was no issue at all.  I felt he was fairly active and certainly into it.  He was on his game for sure.  Was he 1993 level active?  No, but he was not bombed outta his mind either.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Dave

CflEifMWcAAGQuT.jpg

Thanks to Dave for lending his metal throne to Axl.  I saw someone post something about Dave arriving to steal the spotlight.....hahaha.  Oh man, He helped the guys out and hanging out at the show.  How's that stealing the spotlight?  Good times. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

So is it Axl or somebody from TB that reads everything that is posted on this forum?

Ive been posting here for a lot of years. And one thing that really stands out over the past few tours is how the new additions to the set list mirror what people on this forum are clamoring for. 

Over the last year Coma was the main song people were saying they wished would be played. And boom. It's added to the set list. 

I can distinctively remember this happening with Estranged, you're crazy, and Civil War. 

Do you think it's Axl or Fernando or TB reading these forums to get a feel for what the fans are wanting?

I know a few of you will say my theory is crap and holds no water. But it's something I started paying attention to a few years ago. And as a test, a week ago, I said that Coma would be the song people are requesting the most. And sure enough......we get Coma. 

Whomever it is - thank you. 

Well if that's the case then please add don't damn Me to the setlist :lol:

• Like 3

Its still hard for me to believe that Axl, Slash and Duff are back. Over the past so many years I have seen so many GNR cover bands dressed as Axl and Slash, but man this is REAL.

This is so amazing, nuGNR was just a joke with hired hands.

Even after so many years of fighting, Slash and Axl are still like brothers. The chemistry between them is just awesome. 

As soon as Duff and Slash came back, the old GNR sound came back, we started to get some videos, they even changed the intro's of some songs and made it "better". As some one mentioned before that it took Axl so many years to work on CD and within a few weeks he allowed Slash and Duff to make the changes. 

Seriously man, we need a new album. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

It's obvious Guns know what the fans are asking for but whether they are getting it from the forums first hand or from a secondary source, I'm not sure.  When Axl stated the song was sort of a 'fairy tale' showed that he knew that's exactly what fans have been buzzing about for a few years.  They did it for the die-hards, the fans that are in these forums everyday, that's for sure.  When I called it out a few seconds before they played it, I got a few odd looks from casual fans....but the hardcore fans went absolutely nuts after they got over the shock of them actually playing it.  It was fun to watch.  

We're you near the front ? On the stream I was watching I heard someone shouting Coma before it started 

Edited by Gold top 78

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

Wow caught up at long last, been reading on and off all day. 

i' m really excited about Axls vocals, have not cringed once.

Duff and Slash looked totally at home, I love that hey are doing CD songs, and I never thought I would say that.

Damn shame about Axls foot, it spoils some of the interaction between them. hard to read the chemistry.

From the footage I've seen I'm surprised to see Slash so statutory, whilst Richard and Duff seem to be all over the stage, perhaps this isn't the case and it's just the impression from clips I have watched?

Thankyou to everyone who did stream last night, it made me feel included, ???? hoping the forum holds out tonight.

Glad everybodies enjoying themselves the excitement is tangible.

Can't wait for round 2. 

Not during DTJ he was stationary, thought he was right into it and loving it