Vegas General Help (Flights, hotels, food, shows, etc)

How far is Excalibur from the venue?

Only properties closer are New York New York and anything in city center, specifically Aria and Mandarin Oriental. Ten minute walk max I'd say.

Travelodge is closer or so they told me. It's maybe a five minute walk to the show. While it's not fancy,I'll live knowing I paid less for three nights than many paid for a single night somewhere else. I look at as I'm there to see GNR,I'm not on a honeymoon where nicer accommodations would be a plus.

Only properties closer are New York New York and anything in city center, specifically Aria and Mandarin Oriental. Ten minute walk max I'd say.
Travelodge is closer or so they told me. It's maybe a five minute walk to the show. While it's not fancy,I'll live knowing I paid less for three nights than many paid for a single night somewhere else. I look at as I'm there to see GNR,I'm not on a honeymoon where nicer accommodations would be a plus.

Travelodge is definitely close, but it's on the east side of Las Vegas Blvd, so you'd have to walk down to MGM to take the crossover to New York New York and proceed to arena. Five minutes may be right, but I'd say ten max from there as well. Good location for a budget property.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

One thing to think of top is when I say ten minutes max walk, I'm thinking from your room to arena gates. MGM entrance is right on the street corner, but it takes 5-10 minutes from there to get to many rooms as they far in the back of the property.

Travelodge is definitely close, but it's on the east side of Las Vegas Blvd, so you'd have to walk down to MGM to take the crossover to New York New York and proceed to arena. Five minutes may be right, but I'd say ten max from there as well. Good location for a budget property.

I've never been to Vegas so I booked based on price and proximity to the arena. The t-mobile arena is 3780 Las Vegas Boulevard and the Travelodge is 3735 Las Vegas Boulevard. I could've had a nicer hotel for about the same amount of money but it was a few miles down the strip and i didn't want to deal with any buses or cabs. The reviews seem decent and the negative ones are years old so hopefully those issues have been addressed. I imagine their free breakfast to be packaged muffins and not much more.

Edited by Subtle Signs

Im booking airfare next week. You will get screwed if you wait, and the hotels told me the same when i have called them.

For airfare at least, I agree. Even if the price doesn't go up, seats continually get purchased, and you can end up missing out on a sold-out flight at a preferred time, or get stuck on connecting flights instead of non-stops, which no human should have to endure.

For that guy that was looking to fly out of Newark, he's looking at both of those situations impacting him - prices are going up, and there aren't a lot of seats on direct flights to begin with, as United is the only airline that flies nonstop from Newark to Vegas. Wife and I booked the 8am flight out of Newark and the redeye back on Sunday last week at $377 each, and those are showing $516 now.

Edited by Blackjacker

How are y'all transferring from the airport to your hotels? I just looked up Uber is only around $14....about the same price as a shuttle and you get your own private ride....looks like it's the way to go.

Cab to MGM is 5-10 minutes and $15. The further down strip it's obviously more. Also- depending when you get in the cab lines could suck with the 2 GnR concerts and the fight. I've sat in that cab line for an hour before and it sucked. Especially when my hotel/the strip is like 1 mile away. I coulda walked there in 20 minutes. I get in Wed night, so I'm thinking I'll be OK. I'm guessing Thurs PM-Sat could be brutal cab lines. But who knows....

How are y'all transferring from the airport to your hotels? I just looked up Uber is only around $14....about the same price as a shuttle and you get your own private ride....looks like it's the way to go.

Cab to MGM is 5-10 minutes and $15. The further down strip it's obviously more. Also- depending when you get in the cab lines could suck with the 2 GnR concerts and the fight. I've sat in that cab line for an hour before and it sucked. Especially when my hotel/the strip is like 1 mile away. I coulda walked there in 20 minutes. I get in Wed night, so I'm thinking I'll be OK. I'm guessing Thurs PM-Sat could be brutal cab lines. But who knows....

If I go, I plan on getting there by Wednsday... so hopefully avoid those lines.

A driver for 2 miles?

Peole do it. Ya pay for an hour and you can cruise strip. In my case I knew cab lines were gonna be nasty so I arranged a driver for 4 of us. Dude with sign waiting at baggage claim and bam right to car and hotel. It was that or wait an hour for cab. Fuck that.

Don't stay at the Hard Rock.

Don't listen to this man. Unless you don't drink, rock, gamble, are generally uncool or are one of those people that clogs up the floor while I'm heading for a table. Then, yes, stay away.

When I went to Vegas to see GNR, I just called AA and they planned it all for me.

Funny, I usually end up having to call AA when I get home from Vegas.

A driver for 2 miles?

Peole do it. Ya pay for an hour and you can cruise strip. In my case I knew cab lines were gonna be nasty so I arranged a driver for 4 of us. Dude with sign waiting at baggage claim and bam right to car and hotel. It was that or wait an hour for cab. Fuck that.

We did it during our last company trip to Vegas. It was $50 dollars for a private limo to the Monte Carlo. Was 5 of us so it was only $10 bucks each.

Edited by Mr_Sparkle

Im getting a shuttle from lax

Damn that's like a 5 hour drive.

Yup but cheapest way from lax im arriving on the 6th

Is that cheaper than renting a car?

Really? Thought Southwest had a $40 shuttle flight from LAX to LAS.

Im booking airfare next week. You will get screwed if you wait, and the hotels told me the same when i have called them. Better to get it out of the way and start saving for spending money, if we have any left!!!

Hotels I will agree but flights now is not the time in my opinion. Now I am not a frequent flyer but I do fly about three times a year and I strongly believe that 40 to 55 days before your date is the best airfare rate. There is proof online about it and many years it has never let me down. For example the couple flights I will book for this show just dropped $25 across the board from yesterday. I have no worries that I will get this flight for another $25 -30 cheaper in two weeks.

Don't stay at the Hard Rock.

Don't listen to this man. Unless you don't drink, rock, gamble, are generally uncool or are one of those people that clogs up the floor while I'm heading for a table. Then, yes, stay away.

I was thinking about staying there, the place looks like a 24/7 party but it's about a mile from the venue and the strip.....so I'd be forced to take taxis the entire trip.

Edited by Kasanova King

$70 return for a shuttle i cant find flights for less then $100 each way...

$70 return for a shuttle i cant find flights for less then $100 each way...
You can rent a car for like $17 bucks a day. LAX pick up on the 8th and return the 10th.