Vegas General Help (Flights, hotels, food, shows, etc)

Don't stay at the Hard Rock.

Don't listen to this man. Unless you don't drink, rock, gamble, are generally uncool or are one of those people that clogs up the floor while I'm heading for a table. Then, yes, stay away.

When I went to Vegas to see GNR, I just called AA and they planned it all for me.

Funny, I usually end up having to call AA when I get home from Vegas.

Alcoholics anonymous? :P;)

How are y'all transferring from the airport to your hotels? I just looked up Uber is only around $14....about the same price as a shuttle and you get your own private ride....looks like it's the way to go.

Im getting a shuttle from lax

How are y'all transferring from the airport to your hotels? I just looked up Uber is only around $14....about the same price as a shuttle and you get your own private ride....looks like it's the way to go.

Im getting a shuttle from lax
Damn that's like a 5 hour drive.

Yup but cheapest way from lax im arriving on the 6th

Really? Thought Southwest had a $40 shuttle flight from LAX to LAS.

$70 return for a shuttle i cant find flights for less then $100 each way...

Check this site out https://slickdeals.net/f/8466917-virgin-america-los-angeles-to-las-vegas-39-one-way

Im booking airfare next week. You will get screwed if you wait, and the hotels told me the same when i have called them. Better to get it out of the way and start saving for spending money, if we have any left!!!

Hotels I will agree but flights now is not the time in my opinion. Now I am not a frequent flyer but I do fly about three times a year and I strongly believe that 40 to 55 days before your date is the best airfare rate. There is proof online about it and many years it has never let me down. For example the couple flights I will book for this show just dropped $25 across the board from yesterday. I have no worries that I will get this flight for another $25 -30 cheaper in two weeks.

Just saw today the flight I am looking to book dropped another $21. So waiting I have saved $46 so far this week alone, I am telling you guys wait another 10-14 days and the best flight deals will be out there. Especially now fuel is at it's lowest point in years. It is $1.46 a gallon right now where I live.

Im booking airfare next week. You will get screwed if you wait, and the hotels told me the same when i have called them. Better to get it out of the way and start saving for spending money, if we have any left!!!

Hotels I will agree but flights now is not the time in my opinion. Now I am not a frequent flyer but I do fly about three times a year and I strongly believe that 40 to 55 days before your date is the best airfare rate. There is proof online about it and many years it has never let me down. For example the couple flights I will book for this show just dropped $25 across the board from yesterday. I have no worries that I will get this flight for another $25 -30 cheaper in two weeks.

Just saw today the flight I am looking to book dropped another $21. So waiting I have saved $46 so far this week alone, I am telling you guys wait another 10-14 days and the best flight deals will be out there. Especially now fuel is at it's lowest point in years. It is $1.46 a gallon right now where I live.

I think the hotels will be fine. If you wait until the last minute you will likely see prices much cheaper as they try to book every room. I hope flights come down though. My airport is still showing $400 round trip but we will see.

But don't take my advice. I don't want to be responsible for someone else getting a bad deal or something. I'll just stay up all night and not sleep if I have to.

Good thing I'm not a travel agent then...after my advice to book air now before it goes up. Forgot to factor in that gas is cheap now.....don't listen to me. Ha! *although I'm glad I'm locked n loaded. I hate playing the airfare game.

Good thing I'm not a travel agent then...after my advice to book air now before it goes up. Forgot to factor in that gas is cheap now.....don't listen to me. Ha! *although I'm glad I'm locked n loaded. I hate playing the airfare game.

Nothing wrong with getting it out of the way, I'm just a cheap ass and have to pay for two so that is actually a $92 saving for me. No matter what though it is always a gamble. One thing that always help me is if the airline allows you to look at the seats booked before you buy which many do. You then can see if the plane is still somewhat empty and your approaching 7 or so weeks away the airlines will really start to discount to fill the seats. Basically the airline is making the trip regardless if there is 3 people or 300. Other than a little extra cost for the added weight of the people for fuel they would rather sell a $50 flight than go empty. However if the flight is getting full that price won't move and may even go up.

I already have a hotel, but what are honestly the best and cheapest sites to get flights...especially from Louisville, KY to Vegas. It seems like my flights are as high as someone flying from the UK to Vegas..just doesn't make sense to me. Thanks again guys.

I already have a hotel, but what are honestly the best and cheapest sites to get flights...especially from Louisville, KY to Vegas. It seems like my flights are as high as someone flying from the UK to Vegas..just doesn't make sense to me. Thanks again guys.

I highly doubt someone paid $400 for a round trip flight to Vegas from the UK. Southwest prices to fly to Vegas from Indy have been in the $400 range for two years now consistently.

Edited by tsinindy

I highly doubt someone paid $400 for a round trip flight to Vegas from the UK. Southwest prices to fly to Vegas from Indy have been in the $400 range for two years now consistently.

That's what the guy above me claims. It's the same with Louisville, KY as well. I'm sure there are better deals out there somewhere.....

Try orbitz.com otherwise the airline sites are just fine. Join their mailing list as they do send out promos on Tuesdays. Sun country sent out a promo a couple weeks ago for 30% off select flights, it is now expired.

Another thing too is Priceline name your price tool. If you absolutely don't care what airlines or the time your flight will be you can get flights for DIRT.

That's what the guy above me claims. It's the same with Louisville, KY as well. I'm sure there are better deals out there somewhere.....
I saw it...and I doubt it :)

I only look at direct flights to Vegas myself. I go out there once or twice a year. So, from Indy the options are southwest or allegiant and allegiant...sucks.

Have you tried looking on Kayak?

Edited by tsinindy

I saw it...and I doubt it :)

I only look at direct flights to Vegas myself. I go out there once or twice a year. So, from Indy the options are southwest or allegiant and allegiant...sucks.

Have you tried looking on Kayak?

My wife and I got two return flights from London Gatwick to Vegas for £638 which at the current exchange rate is $912 or $456 each.

The trick is to get a connecting flight from Dublin which is always much cheaper. If you're willing to do a long layover it can be even cheaper than that.

But if you don't believe me then by all means have a look at Skyscanner. Just thought it was interesting info for others looking to fly out from the UK.

E7B2BE6E-82F5-433B-A05A-9EB65199AB94_zps

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

Wtf how?

The U.K. charges about $400 per ticket in airport taxes when flying to the US. . Ireland doesn't, so by taking a $30 flight to Dublin and flying to Vegas from there you save an absolute fortune. Also the wife and I get a night out in Dublin the day before Vegas so it's win win all round. :D

Crazy thing is that we actually have to change flights in London for the flight to Vegas and to book on the exact same plane just from the UK would be over $1000 each. Go figure huh? :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey

My friends want to get a better deal on hotels, so we were thinking of getting strip view rooms next to each other at the Flamingo instead of Planet Hollywood. Do you think this a good spot with the strip view? I've stayed there before and liked it, but that was a while back. Is this walking distance or at least close to Team Mobile arena? I just want it to be the best experience possible.

Edited by grogmug

6 hours ago, grogmug said:

My friends want to get a better deal on hotels, so we were thinking of getting strip view rooms next to each other at the Flamingo instead of Planet Hollywood. Do you think this a good spot with the strip view? I've stayed there before and liked it, but that was a while back. Is this walking distance or at least close to Team Mobile arena? I just want it to be the best experience possible.

My friend always stays at Flamingo.  Yes it's walking distance.  Your plan sounds good.  If you can get a kick ass upper floor strip view room and like to party in the room go for it.  Rather that adjoining rooms you guys should combine for an upgraded suite type room.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grogmug said:

i think Estranged had an excellent suggestion regarding suite rooms.  Not sure how many are in your crew. It all really depends on your budget.

personally I love the view of the fountains from Paris in high level strip side rooms.

The panorama strip view rooms at Planet Hollywood offer some of the fullest strip views possible, but I believe they will set you back a fair penny.  PH also has 1800 square feet suites that are awesome.

Aria and Cosmo corner rooms have great views....but not budget conscious either.

• Like 1