04/16/2016 Coachella **ANGUS YOUNG JOINS GNR ON STAGE**

Gibbo

1 minute ago, -W.A.R- said:

just looked a AC/DC forum they are livid Angus performed Riff Raff with GNR lol

anyway im glad i got to catch some of this this show live as i wasn't able to watch the Vegas streams

And here I thought they would have complimented Axl on a good job on vocals. I hope they don't boo Axl at the AC/DC shows

2 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

It's time for an intervention. A time for friends, family, band mates, fans and everyone to get together and tell Axl that all of his solo-era members make him sound un-GNR onstage.

On the official stream, axl, slash and duff sounded great, but his solo-era members were so un-GNR that despite all the excitement to see this treeunion it was like listening to a completely generic rock band who's just come from some budweiser commercial.

Or something.

Completely disagree, Fortus couldn't fit in much better imo. Maybe a few less solos out of him and more from slash, but aside from that he's a great asset. Franks drumming sounding tighter and groovier with every gig. Even if there was an AFD 5 reunion, it would not have one of their most important elements: the sheer danger surrounding the band and their music, as they are all clean, sober and mature now. I reckon this band we have now would even sound better than an AFD 5 reunion in 2016. I'd love to see an AFD 5 reunion, but I have a feeling it would just be like "well, this definitely is not what it was", whereas this new band/mini-reunion sounds fresh and exciting, imo. But each to their own.

• Like 2

First night at AC/DC shows: -More GN'R Fans less AC/DC Fans

Second night N' rest of the dates: -More AC/DC Fans coming because of the rumour tht Axl actually sounds great

3 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

So Axl is already trolling them. AC/DC fans better get used to it. He's been trolling GN'R fans for 25 years. :lol:

Out of likes

• Like 4

You can tell Axl has performed these songs millions of times, because even when he is sitting during Jungle, he does the same moves. They must be in his muscle memory already, I wonder if he even knows his doing them. It's kinda silly that he does them even when sitting down. Just going through the motions, going through the motions, snake dance here, hand up here etc etc. I wish they would change the set list so there would be something "new".

3 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Second night N' rest of the dates: -More AC/DC Fans coming because of the rumour tht Axl actually sounds great

Out of likes

This.

Seriously, Brian couldn't do much of his own material, much less Bon's material as well as he once could, by the end. Axl singing Riff Raff with GN'R is a great tribute to Bon and if the fans who are pissed off now don't realize it, they will when he blows them out of the water singing the classics.

2 minutes ago, weponsnflowers said:

You can tell Axl has performed these songs millions of times, because even when he is sitting during Jungle, he does the same moves. They must be in his muscle memory already, I wonder if he even knows his doing them. It's kinda silly that he does them even when sitting down. Just going through the motions, going through the motions, snake dance here, hand up here etc etc. I wish they would change the set list so there would be something "new".

They bring back frickin' Coma and two gigs later it's "Man, they never change the setlist!" <_<

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, weponsnflowers said:

Oh fuck off.. From 2011-2012 he was going through the motions. in 2016 HES FUCKING LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT. what do you want him to do? I cant even sit still when im belting out WTTJ in my room. Whiners man.. God damn

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Out of likes

Surely.

By the way, after coachella are now GNR mainstream among hipsters? :P

4 minutes ago, weponsnflowers said:

So ONE new song. Otherwise the set list is their best of's. Not even that many Chinese Democracy songs.

It's Coachella with a bunch of hipster douches who wouldn't even appreciate deep cuts like Locomotive, Breakdown, The Garden, etc.