1 minute ago, ArtTavana said:

My editor at the L.A. Weekly asked me to do this. I had fun doing it. I know you're all going to rip it apart, probably get pissed that SCOM is #1, or that I didn't include "Sympathy for the Devil" or "End of Days," or that I'm promoting my own article (or maybe that I didn't give Izzy enough credit). But I'm a GNR fan, and although I've had my ups and downs as a fan, conflicted every 10 years or so (I think, on some level, we all have), or whatever, I think KISS fans relate to this sort of thing, I know FANS (not cupcakes and haters) will at least like to know this list exists (with some cool historical tidbits and videos):

http://www.laweekly.com/music/the-ultimate-ranking-of-every-guns-n-roses-song-6535160

-art tavana 

I love lists and I understand that this kind of thing is VERY personal, so I'm down for it. There's threads here regarding top 5, top 10, etc, and there's all sorts of songs there. Personally, I don't have a problem with SCOM being #1 or Sympathy for the devil not being there. I just wouldn't call "ultimate" cause as I said, it's very personal.
A lot of work went in to rank and comment on every song, huh? Nice job. I appreciate that One in a million is in your top 20. As controversial as it is (and we have been going on and on about this in the forum), I think it's an understimated song.

25 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Twat in the 50s... You obviously aren't a fan of Chinese .. But it's so obvious that you rated with nostalgia and not a true opinion

Why? Because he doesn't like TWAT and rated a lot of CD songs low? Guess what? A lot of people don't like CD and a good portion don't even consider it Guns.. He actually rated a couple of teh CD songs surprisingly high.

Anyway... Every ones list would be completely different.. People can pick it apart all they want, but it looked like someones true opinion to me. 

The two major standouts for me were ranking the Acoustic You're Crazy and Reckless life as low as they were. Love those f'n songs..

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

Really cool that he has Rocket Queen and Mr. Brownstone in the Top 5. Of course anyone who loves Appetite knows them by heart, but there are millions of casual fans out there that probably haven't heard them. The Big 3 from Appetite are great songs, but I think Brownstone/Queen both give you even more appreciation for how talented they were. I am no druggie and have never done heroin, but Brownstone is pretty much my theme song. Struggle to get up in the morning.

For me Locomotive is a top 10 no-brainer and I have Catcher as my top CD tune and a top 25 GNR overall.  hard to argue w SCOM and RQ as 1-2...I am right there w you.  Jungle is overplayed and not as good as PC but its obviously a classic.  Yesterdays also a top 10'er for me (know i am in minority there) and Back off Bitch is one of my very least GNR favorites.  bad song.

Long live lists though...they never get old and inspire debate.  A lot easier to criticize them then to create them

Always interesting to read other peoples lists. Personally I disagree with many things on that list, so here's mine:

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. Estranged

3. Coma

4. Nightrain

5. November Rain

6. You Could Be Mine

7. Sweet Child O Mine

8. Don't Cry (original)

9. Don't Cry (alt)

10. It's So Easy

11. Better

12. Don't Damn Me

13. Mr Brownstone

14. Rocket Queen

15. Paradise City

16. There Was A Time

17. Knocking On Heavens Door

18. This I Love

19. Yesterdays

20. Prostitute

21. Chinese Democracy

22. Patience

23. Live And Let Die

24. Oh My God

25. Civil War

26. Shackler's Revenge

27. Down On The Farm

28. Catcher In The Rye

29. Pretty Tied Up

30. Out Ta Get Me

31. Ain't It Fun

32. Street Of Dreams

33. Double Talkin' Jive

34. Black Leather

35. You're Crazy (acoustic)

36. I.R.S

37. 14 Years

38. Sorry

39. Locomotive

40. Since I Don't Have You

41. Dead Horse

42. Riad N' The Bedouins

43. Sympathy For The Devil

44. Used To Love Her

45. The Garden

46. Madagascar

47. Perfect Crime

48. My Michelle

49. Move To The City

50. Anything Goes

51. Breakdown

52. Scraped

53. One In A Million

54. Think About You

55. Raw Power

56. So Fine

57. Bad Obsession

58. Shotgun Blues

59. Bad Apples

60. You're Crazy (original)

61. Get In The Ring

62. Right Next Door To Hell

63. New Rose

64. Look At Your Game Girl

65. Garden Of Eden

66. You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory

67. Nice Boys

68. Dust N' Bones

69. If The World

70. Human Being

71. Hair Of The Dog

72. Attitude

73. Mama Kin

74. You Ain't The First

75. Reckless Life

76. My World

77. Back Of Bitch

78. I Don't Care About You

79. Buick Makane / Big Dumb Sex

80. Shadow Of Your Love

Lists are hard, and for what its worth I agree with most of this. There are always little shuffles, but on a whole its pretty accurate in most places. IMO Live Like A Suicide is way too low, although I guess half are covers. And Better, Sorry and Madagascar are NOT the Guns songs I'd place much higher than the album (that would be either TWAT and dealer's choice between the other two: Prostitute, Catcher, IRS). I also think the only Guns songs that stand out as being unusually high are The Garden and Live And Let Die, which I don't agree with, but otherwise the list is more or less accurate, and its a fun little surprise having Rocket Queen so high. I'd probably switch that and Paradise City or Nightrain, but hell a little Rocket Queen every once and awhile is a nice change of pace. Cool list and nice piece!

It's quite a task to put together a list that comprehensive and to actually comment and detail each number.   I think a lot of effort went into it and I can appreciate that, but there are quite a few that I would rank quite a bit differently.  But overall, well done.  Agree or disagree, it's good to see GNR in the press.  

On February 19, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Eddie Money said:

@ArtTavana, your readers would like you to rank your top 5 Eddie Money classics.  

On February 19, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Eddie Money said:

@ArtTavana, your readers would like you to rank your top 5 Eddie Money classics.  

1. Shakin

2. Think I'm in love

3. 2 tickets 

4. Take me home tonight

5. I wanna go back

Shakin was a kick ass video back in the day

Me n the boys saw you play in Stittville NY circa 1991-93 or so. Great show!!!! 

She-she-she was shakin'

• Like 1