slash reportedly laying down new GNR tracks

14 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

If its not the original 5 getting 20% each, then its for the money. 

Not really. What if Izzy just doesn't want to? I just don't think you can categorically say it's just for the money. 

It's just for the money if he still hates Slash, cut Izzy/Adler out to make more money, isn't interested in putting new music and just takes the 13 mil for the 6 shows and disappears. 

If one of those is not true, it's not just the money. I'm being a bit literal but you get the idea. 

I have a feeling he feels some loyalty to Fortus, Dizzy, Frank as much as Izzy. Maybe an album is factored into it. 

but maybe the money is the big motivating factor but there's still a glimmer of Slash/Duff are my pals they want this, the fans want it, the money is great, so why not?

Remember the money is there because people want this to happen. 

The "inside story" of the reunion!!

http://www.teamrock.com/features/2016-02-24/guns-n-roses-star-in-the-new-issue-of-classic-rock

Definitive answers inside, for sure.

the inside story of Guns N' Roses multimillion-dollar reunion. But where’s Izzy? And are they really recording new songs?

Duh, we all know Izzy's on Twitter posting videos of GNR tribute acts. You snooze, you lose!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TKesseli said:

maybe slash is re-re-re-re-doing the guitar parts of new gnr album, same as robin fink, buckethead, bumblefoot and ashba did.

I think at this point that's the most likely scenario. And it would explain why he's holed up in the studio alone, laying down solos on Atlas Shrugged and stuff...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IkaruFunk said:

I think at this point that's the most likely scenario. And it would explain why he's holed up in the studio alone, laying down solos on Atlas Shrugged and stuff...

Hope he replaces the solos on Chinese Democracy and they put out a version with him on it too.

Well, Axl has never been a part of the rehearsal/studio process, so if we consider this depressing, it was depressing from day one. Yet the greatest rock'n'roll albums were recorded and released. His absence in the studio really means nothing.  Axl could still be very much present during the creative process. Guns is not Metallica. They don't rent a studio and gather there to compose. They compose and write new songs on everyday basis. We don't know. Axl could well have been jamming with Slash in the last year or two (however long that reconciliation actually lasts) and composing new tracks that are now just being laid down in the studio where Axl's presence is not necessary. In fact I understand it must be quite boring to stand there and watch the guitarist lay down a part for the fifth time.

Anyway I'm not saying that's the way things are (though it would be great), I'm just saying it's not impossible and the fact that Axl isn't at the studio now means nothing. That in itself is no need to worry. The question is will he get there eventually...

20 minutes ago, GNRFan53 said:

Axl not being a part of the rehearsal and/or studio process is quite upsetting to hear. This whole thing has been very abnormal - and I can't put too much faith in the management. We'll see.

First off, it's only surprising if you literally just started following the band. Second, it makes no sense for axl to start rehearsing and screaming 2-3 months away from the start of a tour just to ruin his voice before the tour starts. As long as he rehearses for a week or two before the start of it they'll be fine

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

Hope he replaces the solos on Chinese Democracy and they put out a version with him on it too.

Probably not. But I would love a huge boxset type release of CD with different versions of the songs, including the alleged 1999-2002 recordings and maybe a rerecorded version with the current band. That would be sweet.

• Like 2

Can CD not stand on its own right? It doesn't seem so, given the cries for re-recordings and re-doings.

No one was asking for a nuGNR rerecorded boxset of AfD and UYI. Says it all.

I don't want Slash to waste time on that album. It is done. If you enjoy it, enjoy it. The idea that Duff and Slash should rework an already bloated overdone album, is weird to me. Why call for that when there is opportunity for new music?

I don't think Axl would even allow it tbh. It would be yet another sign of its failure if it had to be re-recorded with Slash.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

If its not the original 5 getting 20% each, then its for the money. 

So Adler who never wrote anything should get the same as Axl, Duff, Izzy and Slash?

Apart from that I don't think people actually remember what happened with Adler and seem to think it was only about drugs.

43 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

So Adler who never wrote anything should get the same as Axl, Duff, Izzy and Slash?

Apart from that I don't think people actually remember what happened with Adler and seem to think it was only about drugs.

Yes. Adler wrote his drum parts and those parts played an extremely pivotal role in the sound of GNR. It doesn't matter whether or not he is credited...a lot of artists made major contributions to the songs/sound of their bands, but received no credit whatsoever. 

Edited by sonofnazareth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Babooshka said:

Can CD not stand on its own right? It doesn't seem so, given the cries for re-recordings and re-doings.

No one was asking for a nuGNR rerecorded boxset of AfD and UYI. Says it all.

I don't want Slash to waste time on that album. It is done. If you enjoy it, enjoy it. The idea that Duff and Slash should rework an already bloated overdone album, is weird to me. Why call for that when there is opportunity for new music?

I don't think Axl would even allow it tbh. It would be yet another sign of its failure if it had to be re-recorded with Slash.

I'm not crying for a rerecording of Chinese, I think it's fine as it is now. But would I like to hear a different take on it? You bet. The same way I would like to hear that rerecording of Appetite by Finck and co. Just out of curiosity if nothing else. 

• Like 1

In my mind there's difference between a doing something just for the money and to know what you're worth.

As it was previously stated, we don't know if izzy wanted to do it nor do we know if they wanted adler in. One thing for sure, if doing a 3 men reunion's the only way for them to make it work/ be happy with, then everything's good to me. 

We're not the one playing together and we certainly don't know what kind of discussions they had or what their plans are.

3 hours ago, Billsfan said:

First off, it's only surprising if you literally just started following the band. Second, it makes no sense for axl to start rehearsing and screaming 2-3 months away from the start of a tour just to ruin his voice before the tour starts. As long as he rehearses for a week or two before the start of it they'll be fine

HA... First off, I never said it was surprising - I said it was upsetting. Second, we would like to think that with his new acceptance of a reunion, Axl is feeling inspired and rejuvenated to play/create. Thus why it is upsetting that he is not even in attendance for either of these. I might add - Axl's latest vocals have not shown much resilience, so it would be cool to see him there actually putting work in.

Edited by GNRFan53

57 minutes ago, GNRFan53 said:

HA... First off, I never said it was surprising - I said it was upsetting. Second, we would like to think that with his new acceptance of a reunion, Axl is feeling inspired and rejuvenated to play/create. Thus why it is upsetting that he is not even in attendance for either of these. I might add - Axl's latest vocals have not shown much resilience, so it would be cool to see him there actually putting work in.

What are you copying me with the first off second off? Atta boy:lol: And I just said "if" so thanks for comprehending that. I too hope that he's excited and rejuvenated or whatever but that doesn't mean he needs to full on rehearse and start screaming "you know where the fuck you are?! You in the jungle you gonna dieeeeee" because that's not how rehearsal works. See the video of him rehearsing for the MTV appearance in 2002.

The guy has to sing and perform at a high standard and this he needs to really take serious since pressure is on, so it only makes sense that he gets himself in the best physical condition and just starts warming up his voice. Which is everything from drinking the right stuff to doing the proper voice exercises, and everything in between.I don't think he should be trying to let out full screams and his highest pitches til the last couple of weeks before shows. Most tours he doesn't even show up, I think he'll take the proper precautions and necessities before the tour

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

What are you copying me with the first off second off? Atta boy:lol: And I just said "if" so thanks for comprehending that. I too hope that he's excited and rejuvenated or whatever but that doesn't mean he needs to full on rehearse and start screaming "you know where the fuck you are?! You in the jungle you gonna dieeeeee" because that's not how rehearsal works. See the video of him rehearsing for the MTV appearance in 2002.

The guy has to sing and perform at a high standard and this he needs to really take serious since pressure is on, so it only makes sense that he gets himself in the best physical condition and just starts warming up his voice. Which is everything from drinking the right stuff to doing the proper voice exercises, and everything in between.I don't think he should be trying to let out full screams and his highest pitches til the last couple of weeks before shows. Most tours he doesn't even show up, I think he'll take the proper precautions and necessities before the tour

Hahaha! 

Well we will find out in a month or so - hopefully the fans' expectations are met. 

Say what you like about U2, but I'm sure the fact the split it equally five ways (the 4 band members plus their manager) has a huge bearing on their longevity . When you make that much money, taking an extra 5% here or there to the detriment of another is pretty petty.