First 5 shows

5 First Shows  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Axl won't be that good. First few shows of a tour are always rough for him.

Energy and "happiness" pays of some possible voice problems IMO. I don´t know if the guys are REALLY in good terms (not just burocratic, but personal, as friends again), I just want to see these guys having a good time playing GNR songs again as a band! :heart:

• Like 1

Still up in the air as to whether the shows even start for me. What happens when Axl turns up late and refuses to go on until they are an hour late. Do Slash and Duff ignore what they said in the past and let him get away with it, or do they kick off at that point?

LOL at people who somehow think the shows won't happen. AIC is supposed to start around 9:30 right? I imagine they get 60-75 minutes (that's what Loaded got in 2011 BTW). So when Axl hits the stage around 11:30 he'll still be 'on time'.

Anyway, regarding the shows, I'm expecting something around the level of the last Vegas shows or the best of the 2011/12 shows, but with Slash and Duff picking up some of the slack basically. It'd be great if he sounded like 2010 or 2006, obviously people would think that he would be preparing for this like he did for those tours, but Axl's had his share of fuck-ups........

Axl-Rose.jpg

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

For the money they are charging, hopefully he practices and gets his show in shape for these shows..

If he cares about his fans, has any pride and cares about the GnR legacy - then yes. That's what any other professional singer would do it. 

This is potentially the biggest rock tour of the last decade. It would be absolutely outrageous if Axl didn't show up in shape and ready to kick ass from date one. Absolutely outrageous. 

• Like 2

Axl didn't reunite with the guys to lay an egg.   I hope they kick ass.  The band will be fine (awesome).  Axl isn't 28 anymore, so he isn't gonna sound 28, but what I don't want is laziness out of him, and I don't expect it.  I think he's motivated as hell.  GnR are gonna blow the roof off T-Mobile Arena.  Too bad too because it looks like such a shiny nice new place!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Original said:

Axl didn't reunite with the guys to lay an egg.   I hope they kick ass.  The band will be fine (awesome).  Axl isn't 28 anymore, so he isn't gonna sound 28, but what I don't want is laziness out of him, and I don't expect it.  I think he's motivated as hell.  GnR are gonna blow the roof off T-Mobile Arena.  Too bad too because it looks like such a shiny nice new place!

I sure hope you are right. He doesn't have to sound great.. Just give it 100% and good will be enough.  Not sure I have seen much from Axl the last decade that makes me confident he will come out swinging though.  We will know soon won't we?

I have my fingers crossed for all those going to Vegas that it will be awesome. I will be here sat on the sofa, hiding behind the cushion until somebody posts that Axl has brought his A game and 2016 will go down in forum future history as the year we want him to sound like.

If he can do it for the first shows the others should be in the bag. We will see.

For me, chemistry will be key at the first show. Axl doesn't have to sound 100%, they don't have to absolutely nail every song. I'd just like to see them all care enough to put on a good show together. Another occurance like Van Halen 2004 will take the entirety of the wind out of my sails for the Saturday show.