Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

5 minutes ago, cooker said:

It was Axl... you could argue that he is the one people see as the one at fault for all the riots. So Duff or Slash would have no bearing on any of these towns. 

Yeah- I misinterpreted original post.  You are correct 

1 minute ago, Original said:

Yeah- I misinterpreted original post.  You are correct 

Hey, no issue here. I'm really glad the Nu GN'R era came to a close, we could all move past these old vs. new threads. How exhausting that was. 

Something similar happened at my local AMC. They showed the Patience tease right before the trailers started when I went to see the new Batman v Superman movie. It was pretty awesome seeing that as I missed it when they showed the Coachella/Vegas teasers they showed before Star Wars. This happened in San Diego. I'll be driving around the Qualcomm Stadium area to see if there are any Billboards there. So stoked!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I will not go to all of them, but considering the dates are unknown, I have four options which is nice.  I probably won't go to Chicago mainly b/c it is a very expensive city to visit and I'm going there in June for Copa America semi-finals and a cubs game with my son.  However, I may go to the other three all depending if the dates fit into my schedule and I either win money in Vegas or don't blow a bunch of money on gambling and tickets for the second night's show lol.

Jealous. I looked at semi final tix and they were too spendy for me.  That and the Cubs game sound like a mega weekend!!

if you end up going to Guns in Chicago I'll buy you a beer at the pre party. 

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Update from Orlando....sorry I didn't take any pics, I will do my best to get you all some pics next time I head out.

So I took my son to see Star Wars at the movies tonight (yeah, long overdue but he's just getting into those type of movies now, so he asked and we went.)  As we were walking up to the theater from the parking lot I thought I heard Patience playing....I looked around to see if someone was playing it out of their car, and didn't see anyone around....figured all this G N' R hype is getting to my head, must be hearing G N' R songs now in my head....:lol:  Get in line for popcorn about 5 minutes later and all of a sudden I hear it again....turn to the side and there is the Patience tour promo playing on a flat screen tv on the wall.....brought a huge smile to my face!  :headbang:

After the movies, on my way home, I was looking at billboards...nothing for about 4-5 miles....and finally, there it was right on I4 expressway before the John Young Parkway exit in Orlando, huge Welcome To The Jungle with the GN'F'N'R in red underneath..... Clear Channel billboard ...heck yeah!

They are going all-out with the promo.....awesome to see!

Looks like I need to head over that way!  Thanks for the heads up!

3 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Update from Orlando....sorry I didn't take any pics, I will do my best to get you all some pics next time I head out.

So I took my son to see Star Wars at the movies tonight (yeah, long overdue but he's just getting into those type of movies now, so he asked and we went.)  As we were walking up to the theater from the parking lot I thought I heard Patience playing....I looked around to see if someone was playing it out of their car, and didn't see anyone around....figured all this G N' R hype is getting to my head, must be hearing G N' R songs now in my head....:lol:  Get in line for popcorn about 5 minutes later and all of a sudden I hear it again....turn to the side and there is the Patience tour promo playing on a flat screen tv on the wall.....brought a huge smile to my face!  :headbang:

After the movies, on my way home, I was looking at billboards...nothing for about 4-5 miles....and finally, there it was right on I4 expressway before the John Young Parkway exit in Orlando, huge Welcome To The Jungle with the GN'F'N'R in red underneath..... Clear Channel billboard ...heck yeah!

They are going all-out with the promo.....awesome to see!

That's awesome KK, me and my friends will be coming from Fort Lauderdale , we just never been in the citrus bowl and were wondering what would be the best seats to get. 

3 hours ago, Roket said:

That's awesome KK, me and my friends will be coming from Fort Lauderdale , we just never been in the citrus bowl and were wondering what would be the best seats to get. 

It's a stadium show, so I guess it would depend on what you like.  There are several concert configurations for the Citrus Bowl....one just has a very large, looks like no chairs, GA section....

FloridaCitrusBowl_OrlandoCalling_2011-11

Then there is the configuration they used last summer for the Rolling Stones which had seats on the floor level....

floridacitrusball_rollingstones2015_5643

Edited by Kasanova King

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

It's a stadium show, so I guess it would depend on what you like.  There are several concert configurations for the Citrus Bowl....one just has a very large, looks like no chairs, GA section....

Then there is the configuration they used last summer for the Rolling Stones which had seats on the floor level....

floridacitrusball_rollingstones2015_5643

Thanx! Do u think they will have seats? Thing is my friend is bringing his wife and idk how she will do on GA, I don't have a problem but don't know about her. 

Judging by what they're doing at Foro Sol, I'm certain the floor will be all GA for the stadiums.

The T-Mobile Arena shows are the first I've seen where GN'R has seats on the floor. Not sure why they went for that configuration. It could be so VIP ticket holders could be guaranteed a seat up front (behind the GA).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roket said:

No idea if they will have seats or not.  Without seats I think they can pack close to 70,000 people in it for a concert....with seats I believe it's closer to 60,000.  I would guess it will depend on what they believe the draw will be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spirit said:

Judging by what they're doing at Foro Sol, I'm certain the floor will be all GA for the stadiums.

The T-Mobile Arena shows are the first I've seen where GN'R has seats on the floor. Not sure why they went for that configuration. It could be so VIP ticket holders could be guaranteed a seat up front (behind the GA).

The 2002 Philly show was at the First Union Center (arena) and it had seats on the floor...I know because I was dodging the chairs as they flew over our heads...:lol:

• Like 4