Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

I can barely see the difference between the old logo and the new one :P

Anyway..

I like this new massive promo campaign!! Finally, guns n roses "woke up"..

The Lion, King of The Jungle woke up.... 

With Anaconda N' ????

Edited by SerenityScorp

4 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Exactly, what people certainly cannot understand, is that this logo is iconic, it's everywhere, the new one, ugh not so much. Translation for the people here: I would wear a tshirt with the old logo but not with the one. Translation: the old one is better.

Response: nobody gives a fuck

• Like 1

All the promo is great and all, and I'd be stoked to see 'Welcome to the Jungle, GNR!' On my nearest billboard.

But let's not forget Axl has been touring the name on and off for the best part of 20 years. 

Not saying it's a tainted brand by any stretch, and the reunion gives it a new edge - but imagine how real shit would have got if no-one had heard 'GNR' play since '93

Edited by LA_0013

1 minute ago, LA_0013 said:

All the promo is great and all, and I'd be stoked to see 'Welcome to the Jungle, GNR!' On my nearest billboard.

But let's not forget Axl has been touring the name on and off for the best part of 20 years. 

Not saying it's a tainted brand by any stretch, and the reunion gives it a new edge - but imagine how real shit would have gone if no-one had heard 'GNR' play since '93

I'm not sure, if GNR had just disappeared 23 years ago they might have been forgotten. The CD drama kept their name in the media, even if not for good reasons. I mean imagine this kind of promotion with Led Zeppelin, I guarantee 50% of people wouldn't know who they are.

15 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

If you haven't been diagnosed already with chronic OCD than you should probably book an appointment with your physician post haste 

Feel the burn.

7 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

The CD drama kept their name in the media, even if not for good reasons. I mean imagine this kind of promotion with Led Zeppelin, I guarantee 50% of people wouldn't know who they are.

Disagree.

When Led Zep reformed for a gig in London's O2 arena back in 2007, the 20,000 tickets were sold via an online auction - and more than 1 million people registered which broke the site. The same would apply to any major city.

For such a historic band, a reunion (in the proper sense of the word) after years away from the limelight can only increase curiosity, demand and long term fan fever, IMO

• Like 2

Just now, LA_0013 said:

Disagree.

When Led Zep reformed for a gig in London's O2 arena back in 2007, the 20,000 tickets were sold via an online auction - and more than 1 million people registered which broke the site. The same would apply to any major city.

For such a historic band, a reunion (in the proper sense of the word) after years away from the limelight can only increase curiosity, demand and long term fan fever, IMO

Aye but they're all fans of the band (or asses trying to sell the tickets for extortionate amounts). What I'm saying is people on the street seeing the name, would they actually know who they are? Especially the 18-24 demographic. A lot of us young folk are apparently clueless to bands that existed before the 90s.

1 minute ago, MrSoftie said:

Aye but they're all fans of the band (or asses trying to sell the tickets for extortionate amounts). What I'm saying is people on the street seeing the name, would they actually know who they are? Especially the 18-24 demographic. A lot of us young folk are apparently clueless to bands that existed before the 90s.

Well, you just mentioned Led Zeppelin - so clearly not that clueless ?

Plus - to sell out a tour, it shows don't necessarily need to be full of 18-24 year olds.

Cream sold out various nights at the Royal Albert Hall with next to no promotion, and I dare say most in the capacity crowd had grey hair and bald patches

37 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Disagree.

I thought the figure was as much as 18 million.

GN'R should have this kind of demand.

55 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Well, you just mentioned Led Zeppelin - so clearly not that clueless ?

Plus - to sell out a tour, it shows don't necessarily need to be full of 18-24 year olds.

Cream sold out various nights at the Royal Albert Hall with next to no promotion, and I dare say most in the capacity crowd had grey hair and bald patches

I don't represent every 18-24 year old though :lol: Believe me, I'm the only person my age that I know who likes Guns, Zep, ACDC, etc.

8 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

Just wait, I bet it's coming for later or '17.

No way they won't tour Europe, Asia, South America.

Hard to sit and wait tho, I´ve been going though it yet again: airfares, hotel expenses, et cetera.

The hardest thing is that I got the money to go, but it just wouldn´t be a responsible choice, I need to keep some savings, just in case of shit happening…

If a europe tour comes in fall or 2017 then I have some extra time to save, AND I will get extra value for money cause it'll all be cheaper and so I will be able to go to more shows

Still, in all this excitement I get carried away. I want it now! :D

If that article about Australian 2017 dates is correct (it did also say the tour would be announced in the upcoming days and that was correct), then could we see something like this?

June - September 2016 - USA

November - December 2016 - South America

January/February 2017 - Australasia

Summer 2017 - Europe

• Like 1