Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

16 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I don't like the new modern logo. It doesn't look like steel to me and it looks fake.

I can see they have made more texture to the bullet casing.

Here I've made it black & white and adjusted the color channels to make it pop a little more. I removed the new, outside ring of the casing as well, just to compare with the old logo:

logo_1.png

• Like 1

Just now, Spirit said:

I can see they have made more texture to the bullet casing.

Here I've made it black & white and adjusted the color channels to make it pop a little more. I removed the new, outside ring of the casing as well, just to compare with the old logo:

logo_1.png

Is it just me, or are the guns actually tilted to the left? It doesn't appear level to me and it is driving me nuts. 

• Like 1

I am not sure I like or dislike the new take on the logo, part of me has my heart in the original of course but looking deeper at it...

The new logo Appears to have "bigger guns" and the guns are closer together, I think I dig that!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

I am not sure I like or dislike the new take on the logo, part of me has my heart in the original of course but looking deeper at it...

The new logo Appears to have "bigger guns" and the guns are closer together, I think I dig that!

They look like plastic guns though. Shadows and lights are not that great either.

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

3/5ths of original GNR are going on a 21 city tour and we are worried about a logo looking like it got plastic surgery... 

example #34348405783475374 showing how GNR fans are never satisfied. 

Kinda what I was thinking...LOL and who the fuck cares?

2 minutes ago, Original said:

Kinda what I was thinking...LOL and who the fuck cares?

we all know we are gunna buy as much merch as possible with that damn logo on it!!! No sense getting riled up over some shit we can't fix. 

Edited by KeyserSoze

13 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Why the fuck is everyone so troubled by the new logo? Honest to god, if no one had pointed out it was a new take on the logo I absolutely never would've even noticed.

Me either. And now that they've put the magnifier on it I think it looks fantastic! :lol:

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

still can't wrap my head around it. i woke up this morning and truly did not believe NOLA was on there. i always thought Axl skipped us over because of Shannon Hoon. i think he kinda looked at him as like his protege. they haven't been here since his death.

Axl isn't skipping anyone. The promoters pay for the show and the band plays. They go where the demand is. A band at the level of GNR isn't routing their own tour these days as if it were 1985. If you had a spare 6 million (double their rumored 3 million dollar fee),GNR would probably play your wedding.

Edited by Subtle Signs

1 hour ago, GibsonLP said:

Wonder what t shirts will look like at the merch stand. Hoping for a special Vegas show tee

I'm sure it'll be $50 at the show and on ebay for $100 the next day. I'll be getting the finest $10 bootleg shirt Vegas has to offer after the show.

• Like 1