Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

1 hour ago, dalsh327 said:

They have a contract with AEG so they're going to probably play these venues: 

Barclays Center, Brooklyn

San Diego Sports Arena (called Valley View Center Arena) 

Key Arena, Seattle

That no longer appears to be the case (contract with AEG).

• Like 1

Can someone look for that list that had the rumored dates for the world tour and see if they match with the recently confirmed US tour?

If somehow the dates match, maybe we can be anticipating the SA and European tour!

Edited by GNRfanMILO

11 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Can someone look for that list that had the rumored dates for the world tour and see if they match with the recently confirmed US tour?

If somehow the dates match, maybe we can be anticipating the SA and European tour!

There are no official dates yet...only 21 cities, so that can't be done.  For reference though Chicago was rumored to be the weekend of July 4th, not sure about others.

I also tend to believe that as Eddie Money noted they re-positioned the US tour to a certain degree (there were some rumored May stadium dates and I don't think those are going to happen as it seems the US dates are July-August).   

It seems things changed when LiveNation/Ticketmaster took over producing and promoting the summer tour in the States.  However, that may or may not affect anything else they may have had planned (the rest of the world basically).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

I don't represent every 18-24 year old though :lol: Believe me, I'm the only person my age that I know who likes Guns

Really? That's interesting. Coz in an earlier post you were saying that the CD-era 'kept their name alive'

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

There are no official dates yet...only 21 cities, so that can't be done.  For reference though Chicago was rumored to be the weekend of July 4th, not sure about others.

I also tend to believe that as Eddie Money noted they re-positioned the US tour to a certain degree (there were some rumored May stadium dates and I don't think those are going to happen as it seems the US dates are July-August).   

It seems things changed when LiveNation/Ticketmaster took over producing and promoting the summer tour in the States.  However, that may or may not affect anything else they may have had planned (the rest of the world basically).

Yep.  I think we will see the first dates start in June sometime though....maybe as early as  Memorial Day weekend.  Trying to squeeze 21 stadium dates in 2 months would mean they would need to have a bunch of mid-week shows...and I don't think they want to do that.  Just a guess on my part, btw

Edited by Kasanova King

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I found it! It is this picture, but the places they're playing dont fit at all with the ones officially confirmed

image.jpeg

Edited by GNRfanMILO

Just now, Kasanova King said:

Yep.  I think we will see the first dates start in June sometime though....maybe as early as  Memorial Day weekend. 

That would make some sense....if it is a stadium tour and the shows will primarily be weekends, there are only what 9 weekends in July and August...And I doubt they will do back-to-back nights in different cities/venues.  So, really Memorial Dayish to Labor Dayish (Prior to start of NFL season as well) tends to make a whole lot of sense at this point.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

That would make some sense....if it is a stadium tour and the shows will primarily be weekends, there are only what 9 weekends in July and August...And I doubt they will do back-to-back nights in different cities/venues.  So, really Memorial Dayish to Labor Dayish (Prior to start of NFL season as well) tends to make a whole lot of sense at this point.  

They can go back to back in places like Dallas to Houston or KC to St Louis. They will be rolling with two stage set ups I'm sure so while one is being used the other will be in the next city. They probably need 2 and 1/2 months for the tour though. 

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

There's Duff. Really want to see Him kicking ass both Axl Slash if They fight again.

Call me naive but I do think they must have matured a little during the last 25 years. Plus there are no addictions anymore that played a huge part in what happened and also they've learned their lesson with the split and the feud that surely was no pleasant experience for anyone involved, to say the least. All in all I think they'll be much more cautious this time and I don't think it will fall apart again, not in a similar way. Or so I hope....

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It's the summer though, I don't think shows will primarily be on the weekends.

As the promotion for this has gone up pretty quickly, do you think the tickets will go on sale before Vegas?

Does it make sense to start ticket sales before we hear Axls vocals, I comment on this based on recent past performances only.

I'm also wondering if GN3R can sell out the tour, I think this will need new material to be successful. 

I can't help wonder about Izzy's and Stevens role if any in all of this. could they have been left out of the original dates on purpose? Generate excitement with 3, gauge the interest and sales and pull in all 5 for a tour. It would guarantee more ticket sales People returning to see both line ups.

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I think Live Nation has been the promoter for the summer tour all along. Billboard mentioned this in a January article.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I think Live Nation has been the promoter for the summer tour all along. Billboard mentioned this in a January article.

Yah, you may be right....it does say AEG was in contention to promote the tour.  

43 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

It's the summer though, I don't think shows will primarily be on the weekends.

Why would it being in the summer have anything to do with that?  Adults work, so weekend shows are always preferrable no matter when they are during the year.  A very casual fan may not want to go during the week as opposed to a week and when trying to fill stadiums, I suspect that can somewhat of a difference.   

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yah, you may be right....it does say AEG was in contention to promote the tour.  

Why would it being in the summer have anything to do with that?  Adults work, so weekend shows are always preferrable no matter when they are during the year.  A very casual fan may not want to go during the week as opposed to a week and when trying to fill stadiums, I suspect that can somewhat of a difference.   

I've just noticed from past experiences that during the summer months, the weekend concert idea doesn't really apply. With that being said, I can still see most being on Thurs-Sun.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that each GN'R stadium gig will be a regional show.

If the band expects to draw 50,000 + to each show, it makes total sense to have each gig on a Saturday night in order to give weekend warriors who work Monday-Friday, all day Saturday and Sunday to travel.

I've seen that billboards just north of Pittsburgh and my hope is they play Heinz Field.  I really have nothing to complain about since actually seeing them again was against the odds, but if there is a wet blanket on the party it's the Ticketmaster involvement.  There isn't a more scalper friendly vendor out there.  It's so easy (pun intended) for scalpers to get their hands on a massive amount of tickets.

Being older now I have some disposable income and will likely pay whatever the price is, but I'm afraid this one will be a scalpers paradise. Better than not getting to see them, though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

Keep in mind that each GN'R stadium gig will be a regional show.

If the band expects to draw 50,000 + to each show, it makes total sense to have each gig on a Saturday night in order to give weekend warriors who work Monday-Friday, all day Saturday and Sunday to travel.

Yes and hopefully in my case (being in Indiana where I have easy drives to Chicago, Cincy, STL and Nashville) a bit spread out from the front end of the tour to the back end.  Hey, i'm selfish, but honest lol :)