Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Shame to see no L.A. dates...it's okay...i'll see them...never I guess? :(

Read today's  Billboard article,more dates might be added. Maybe they can't play LA now due to Coachella or at least not announce an LA date. There is zero chance that they skip LA. It'd be like The Goo Goo Dolls not playing Buffalo or The Mighty Mighty Bosstones skipping Boston. You may have to wait til next year but I'd bet you a Dead Dasies fan club laminate they play LA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonofnazareth said:

The old logo looks like a piece of artwork that could be framed and put in a museum. The new logo does not.

Exactly, what people certainly cannot understand, is that this logo is iconic, it's everywhere, the new one, ugh not so much. Translation for the people here: I would wear a tshirt with the old logo but not with the one. Translation: the old one is better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Appetiteyourillusion said:

You cannot be serious.

They needed a big co-headliner to play these places when they were at their peak. And now people are talking about instant sellouts and second nights added?  At 70 thousand seat venues?   

Seems overly ambitious to me but who knows. We'll see soon enough.

7 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

They needed a big co-headliner to play these places when they were at their peak. And now people are talking about instant sellouts and second nights added?  At 70 thousand seat venues?   

I think they need one or two strong bands when they go out this Sunmer. To me,AIC isn't going to draw anyone. They play 2,000 seat venues. The GNR tour has the advantage now of a whole new generation or two of kids who were too young to see the real deal live back in the day and that alone will help them draw. I personally don't care if they have 10,000 or 100,000 people per stadium as long as the sets are long,Axl's voice is strong and hopefully varied by a (dare we hope for new material?)song or two from town to town.

Edited by Subtle Signs

2 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

For them to sell out football stadiums in north america is not that overly ambitious.

Axl, Slash and Duff have not toured together since 1993 so there is a huge demand just from that (diehards and casual fans)

I do agree that they will need solid openers though! I'm not sure who though!

This tour will sell 85 percent capacity and above, each date. AC/DC did so well with their new tour, because back ice was incredible, and they had dodged the public eye for awhile. They still sold a ridiculous amount of tickets on this current tour that Axl is gonna be involved with, and it can only help Guns.

3 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

For them to sell out football stadiums in north america is not that overly ambitious.

Axl, Slash and Duff have not toured together since 1993 so there is a huge demand just from that (diehards and casual fans)

I do agree that they will need solid openers though! I'm not sure who though!

They should've gone for bands that have a hardcore loyal fan base that can draw 10,000 on their own like A7X. I'm old,I wanted a reunited Skid Row and fuck what the kids want!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

They should've gone for bands that have a hardcore loyal fan base that can draw 10,000 on their own like A7X. I'm old,I wanted a reunited Skid Row and fuck what the kids want!

I agree!

Seeing a reunited Skid Row would be awesome, did they get a new singer by the way?

The only young bands I know who can pull in 10,000 people are A7X and Slipknot (both started in 1999ish)

Edited by PsychoKiss344

3 hours ago, bigpoop said:

When G N' R were at their peak they had played 300-400 shows over the course of 5-6 years.  They have played ZERO shows (with what the general public considers G N' R ) in the past 23 years.  Get it?

This is no longer a "die hard fanbase" band.(Nu Guns)

This band has gone mainstream again with the addition of Slash and Duff..... and this tour is the most anticipated tour in decades.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/01/the-25-most-anticipated-tours-of-2016/5/

These shows will sellout in hours.  Maybe a day or two in the smaller markets.

Edited by Kasanova King

2 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I agree!

Seeing a reunited Skid Row would be awesome, did they get a new singer by the way?

The only young bands I know who can pull in 10,000 people are A7X and Slipknot (both started in 1999ish)

Yeah,but unfortunately even with Baz,I don't think Skid Row would draw anyone who wasn't already going. A7X and Slipknot both have very loyal fans who would probably come see them even as openers in a stadium. Skid Row or Scab Row as I say now,have had two singers since Solinger left. I don't even remember who the newest guy is but I think he sang for Dragonforce? I wouldn't go see them now as it stands unless it was free and there was a really good free buffet as well.

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

Yeah,but unfortunately even with Baz,I don't think Skid Row would draw anyone who wasn't already going. A7X and Slipknot both have very loyal fans who would probably come see them even as openers in a stadium. Skid Row or Scab Row as I say now,have had two singers since Solinger left. I don't even remember who the newest guy is but I think he sang for Dragonforce? I wouldn't go see them now as it stands unless it was free and there was a really good free buffet as well.

Plus most A7X and Slipknot fans like Guns N Roses, would have worked!!

Yea last thing Skid Row did that was relevant for me was Slave To The Grind which is an awesome album!

4 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I think they need one or two strong bands when they go out this Sunmer. To me,AIC isn't going to draw anyone. They play 2,000 seat venues. The GNR tour has the advantage now of a whole new generation or two of kids who were too young to see the real deal live back in the day and that alone will help them draw. I personally don't care if they have 10,000 or 100,000 people per stadium as long as the sets are long,Axl's voice is strong and hopefully varied by a (dare we hope for new material?)song or two from town to town.

Just make sure you pour one out for IggyPopWillEatItself.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Plus most A7X and Slipknot fans like Guns N Roses, would have worked!!

Yea last thing Skid Row did that was relevant for me was Slave To The Grind which is an awesome album!

I'm a fan of Subhuman Race(their last album with Baz) but yeah nothing tops Slave to the Grind. That would be a great song for GNR to play on their mix tape that plays over the loudspeakers during the set change before they hit the stage 

Edited by Subtle Signs

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

Advertising causes need.

So far the promo for this is gigantic so it should really push ticket sales.

Hopefully they role out dates soon so we can start preparing our schedules to make some shows, like it's been said before I see this as starting in late June-August. Maybe Axl does the ACDC thing between Coachella and the tour (I'd expect an announcement very soon from ACDC if that's the case) , but I think Slash has some stuff going on between that time too. Either way this is awesome I think every fan is genuinely excited to see this unfold. 

The graffiti "gnfnr" thing looks awesome too.