07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

1 hour ago, AFGnR said:

Axl 'rant' about being detained at the border for someone having a gun - then Out Ta Get Me.

I started watching this then paused it. My truck picks up Bluetooth so I get in my truck and Out Ta Get Me starts...I'm thinking it's the live era version, so I'm listening to it and thinking wow, this is a lot better than the last time I listened to live era then I get to the end and he says "TAKE THAT TO YOUR (something) TORONTO HEART!" I'm like wait..what, F'n Axl sounds amazing! 

Thanks to @Gibbo for putting the videos all together, it's very useful!

What a good tour this have been, everything keeps getting better.

I like Sorry and it seems like they worked out the knits from the previous date.

Edited by giuls
  • Like 1

Ok, there's something I don't understand... Some of you say that 'Sorry' is a buzzkill and that people get bored and shit at the show... but... did you even realize that 'Sorry' is a slow song with combative lyrics? What are you supposed to dance to it, go hooligan about it? :shrugs:

The quietness of the audience is due to 1) most people not knowing the song and 2) people actually listening to the soothing melody and the serious lyrics.

Probably it is a buzzkill, not in terms of people negatively reacting to it, but because the vibe, the melody and the lyrics put you in that mood. This is not AC/DC. GN'R has sad songs like that, nothing new under the sun.

I can't believe how people who hate CD will make up all kind of stories just to scorn these songs with the hopes of them being removed from the setlist.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I can't believe how people who hate CD will make up all kind of stories just to scorn these songs with the hopes of them being removed from the setlist.

Thank God that will never happen. Axl will not give up on this album he went to hell for.

I for one am very happy about it.

2 hours ago, AFGnR said:

Axl 'rant' about being detained at the border for someone having a gun - then Out Ta Get Me.

Wow, that was amazing! :drool: It's become Axl's best song on this tour. And I love his little story. Keep them comin'. :headbang:

11 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Has anyone played CSI:Mygnr yet on the gun story? 

Who is the one member of GNR who loves guns? Axl: "all Izzy likes doing is riding 4wheelers and shooting guns"

yes you may have heard it here first, Izzy was in Toronto with the band, he's the only one who would carry a gun. 

What's up with Izzy? Is he with the band or not? Isn't he a Pokemon? Are we gonna catch Izzy instead of Pikachu? :max:

There were so many people there super fucked up, was awesome, no one gave a shit about pot or anything, people dancing,  singing, and partying like mad. 

I am a huge fan, but this was out of this world amazing, great vibe, band sounded incredible. 

We were 21 row a9 crowd was awesome. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Ok, there's something I don't understand... Some of you say that 'Sorry' is a buzzkill and that people get bored and shit at the show...

The quietness of the audience is due to 1) most people not knowing the song 

Hence, buzzkill

Honest truth? Probably 50,000 of the 55,000 (or whatever the numbers were last night) were there because Slash and Duff were back with Axl. They wanted to have a few beers and listen to Slash wail on some classic GnR the way it was meant to be wailed on. They simply do not give a flying fuck about Chi Dem songs. The intense surge of energy at the start of the show (and for the other recognizable tunes) dissipated for Chi Dem songs.

I gotta say though, I saw a lot of people sit down, start texting, go for a pee break etc. during Coma, so.... yeah.
I'd say a good chunk of the people were there for Slash, Axl and Duff on the popular songs they recall from back in the day.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Ok, there's something I don't understand... Some of you say that 'Sorry' is a buzzkill and that people get bored and shit at the show... but... did you even realize that 'Sorry' is a slow song with combative lyrics? What are you supposed to dance to it, go hooligan about it? :shrugs:

The quietness of the audience is due to 1) most people not knowing the song and 2) people actually listening to the soothing melody and the serious lyrics.

Probably it is a buzzkill, not in terms of people negatively reacting to it, but because the vibe, the melody and the lyrics put you in that mood. This is not AC/DC. GN'R has sad songs like that, nothing new under the sun.

Dont get me wrong, I love it and it sounded great last night. With that being said, i saw too many people sit down when Sorry started.

13 minutes ago, Zint said:

Hence, buzzkill

Honest truth? Probably 50,000 of the 55,000 (or whatever the numbers were last night) were there because Slash and Duff were back with Axl. They wanted to have a few beers and listen to Slash wail on some classic GnR the way it was meant to be wailed on. They simply do not give a flying fuck about Chi Dem songs. The intense surge of energy at the start of the show (and for the other recognizable tunes) dissipated for Chi Dem songs.

I gotta say though, I saw a lot of people sit down, start texting, go for a pee break etc. during Coma, so.... yeah.
I'd say a good chunk of the people were there for Slash, Axl and Duff on the popular songs they recall from back in the day.

I can't speak for 50,000 other people, but I enjoyed Chinese Democracy (the song) but didn't care about the rest from that album. You could tell many people weren't familiar with those songs, but the younger kids in the crowd did know the lyrics and sang along.

3 minutes ago, Zint said:

I wonder if he still has his intense dislike of Slash *cough*.

When the reunion was announced I checked HTGTH to see the reaction. Some people confronted Jarmo about his past opinions about Slash. He said he is a fan of all line ups :lol:

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, krazejeff said:

There were so many people there super fucked up, was awesome, no one gave a shit about pot or anything, people dancing,  singing, and partying like mad. 

I am a huge fan, but this was out of this world amazing, great vibe, band sounded incredible. 

We were 21 row a9 crowd was awesome. 

LOL... Both Axl and Billy Talent singer commented about smelling the pot... I could smell it too in the PIT...