Rumored Concert Date Thread

I'm hoping the 'new material' rumor is true, and the delay in announcing shows means they're planning something like: play the announced shows, release an EP with new songs and live songs from said shows, South American tour in the winter, AFD 30th anniversary world tour 2017?

If that's not what's happening, where the hell is my Vancouver date? :P

im sorry but I can't answer you there. I would have liked to see 10 stadiums in 10 of North America's biggest markets on sale by now and believe that was the original plan. 

There are a number of reasons why we could speculate no movement at this point. 

54 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Eddie, just a comment on the rumored Dallas date on May 27.

Duff is supposedly playing with Hollywood Vampires at Rock in Rio Lisbon on that date..

Is Duff confirmed to be there with Hollywood Vampires?  I'm not really familiar with the band, project, or whatever it is.  Is it kind of like the Kings of Chaos with Johnny Depp included?  how committed is Duff to this band.  It makes no sense to schedule side gigs when promoters are being asked to pay you a minimum of US$3,000,000 per show.  I continue to hear about this Dallas date but it's never the same - I think I first heard May 28 then the end of April and now I'm hearing May 27.  It seems like they've been working to get it set-up.  I have no real theories on why it hasn't been locked down already.  I received vague answers when I asked my source.  

I like that recent article that they are "re-positioning" the tour. Axl has a history of re-positioning. And it is so quiet that I really feel that there is some serious re-positioning in the works.

Another thing to consider about the May 27th date is that Slash has said that he will be working on a new album this May. Also, for close to 100,000 seats in a single venue to sell out just in two month would be a little crazy. Its a close call to do that. Stadium tours are announced late last year or early this year. It would be crazy to announce the tour soon and expect to sell it out quick. It's a risk 

"Re-positioning" and planning a summer tour in mid March is only something that GnR is able to do. The way things are handled remains to be crappy. 

The shit will hit the fan again. And by fan I mean GnR fans. All things point into the direction of a major shit storm.

I am sure that Axl has not still sang a note with "the new old GnR smash-up lineup" as he is slimming down or relaxing in the basement. The others are getting upset, contracts do not allow them to say anything and we just waiting for the judgement day. April.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teroz said:

"Re-positioning" and planning a summer tour in mid March is only something that GnR is able to do. The way things are handled remains to be crappy. 

The shit will hit the fan again. And by fan I mean GnR fans. All things point into the direction of a major shit storm.

I am sure that Axl has not still sang a note with "the new old GnR smash-up lineup" as he is slimming down or relaxing in the basement. The others are getting upset, contracts do not allow them to say anything and we just waiting for the judgement day. April.

lets be positive..maybe he did a few Scraped falsetto screams.

• Like 1

A full tour for this summer really doesn't feel promising to me right now. Eddie Money sounds pessimistic to me as well. 

I'm gonna go balls to the wall in Vegas 4/8 even more now! Who knows- feels like these dates could be it?

Another possible sign- the Taco Bell commercial (It's gonna be the biggest thing since....) no longer has Jungle in it. Was Taco Bell gonna sponsor the tour, but now there's nothing to sponsor? Again- total conjecture on my part, but.... 

9 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

A full tour for this summer really doesn't feel promising to me right now. Eddie Money sounds pessimistic to me as well. 

I'm gonna go balls to the wall in Vegas 4/8 even more now! Who knows- feels like these dates could be it?

Another possible sign- the Taco Bell commercial (It's gonna be the biggest thing since....) no longer has Jungle in it. Was Taco Bell gonna sponsor the tour, but now there's nothing to sponsor? Again- total conjecture on my part, but.... 

I think you're going to start seeing more GNR songs used in commercials and movies...the Big Short had SCOM so this new partnership with the big three will pay off in big ways 

7 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Is Duff confirmed to be there with Hollywood Vampires?  I'm not really familiar with the band, project, or whatever it is.  Is it kind of like the Kings of Chaos with Johnny Depp included?  how committed is Duff to this band.  It makes no sense to schedule side gigs when promoters are being asked to pay you a minimum of US$3,000,000 per show.  I continue to hear about this Dallas date but it's never the same - I think I first heard May 28 then the end of April and now I'm hearing May 27.  It seems like they've been working to get it set-up.  I have no real theories on why it hasn't been locked down already.  I received vague answers when I asked my source.  

Duff is considered a touring member of HV. The band has a core that consists of three band members: Alice Cooper, Johnny Depp and Joe Perry.

When HV announced this May 27 show along with a couple others (May 24 and July 14) Duff was specified as being the bass player for these shows. Exactly how committed Duff is to these shows or if a stand-by bassist is ready to go, I don't know.

Alice Cooper said in a Rolling Stone article that the HV shows was scheduled around the other commitments of the members, including Duff's.

20 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think you're going to start seeing more GNR songs used in commercials and movies...the Big Short had SCOM so this new partnership with the big three will pay off in big ways 

True. I just thought it was strange that the exact same ad had Jungle playing at the end of it for a month, but now it's been removed and a jingle ends the ad... Hopefully I'm reading way too much into it...

10 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Well, I'm definitely glad I chose to make Vegas happen instead of waiting for dates. Figured they'd be up now 

Exactly. I wasn't going to Vegas but I changed my mind because of the lack of announcement of other dates, it freaked me out. I'm so happy I'm going!

22 minutes ago, Original said:

Minneapolis radio talking again today about an alleged "big concert announcement from a ''major rock band' expected soon".   This is for the new MN Vikings stadium.  Hmmmmmm.....

Yes on the Powertrip morning show on KFAN this morning were talking about a "rock concert" coming to the new Viking stadium this Summer. One of the radio dudes (A.J.) said one of the "higher ups" (forgot the name of the person) confirmed there will be a rock concert that they are just finishing up the final details. Everyone on the radio was trying to brainstorm who it could be in rock that could sell seats to a stadium and threw out names like Foo Fighters (who were just here) Metallica etc. etc. and I am yelling at the radio GUNS N FUCKn' ROSES BABY!!!

Edited by oachs83

3 minutes ago, oachs83 said:

Yes on the Powertrip morning show on KFAN this morning were talking about a "rock concert" coming to the new Viking stadium this Summer. One of the radio dudes (A.J.) said one of the "higher ups" (forgot the name of the person) confirmed there will be a rock concert that they are just finishing up the final details. Everyone on the radio was trying to brainstorm who it could be in rock that could sell seats to a stadium and threw out names like Foo Fighters (who were just here) Metallica etc. etc. and I am yelling at the radio GUNS N FUCKn' ROSES BABY!!!

It won't be MET or FF....guaranteed.  Those radio people probably actually know who it is and aren't allowed to say so they throw out names to generate interest and almost always it's never a name that was mentioned.

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It won't be MET or FF....guaranteed.  Those radio people probably actually know who it is and aren't allowed to say so they throw out names to generate interest and almost always it's never a name that was mentioned.

Yeah Foo was here in August and they don't seem to come around very often. Metallica could be a possibility as I can't tell you the last time i remember them in Minneapolis. The Stones where here at the Gophers football stadium last Summer. As much as I dislike the band U2 I think they could still sell at a stadium level even though I see them more pop rock imo. Being a weekend warrior myself it is sad to see the rock genre so depleted at the moment. Country music and certain pop like Taylor Swift and Adele can sell out stadiums but really thinking hard I can't think of all but a couple in rock that can. Even GNR imo won't be a slam dunk 60k people sell out at all stadium events. Seriously unless Zeppelin is doing a tour I don't see any rock band guaranteed to pack stadiums throughout the country, and that makes me sad. SUPPORT LOCAL ROCK MUSIC!!