How long will Hybrid Guns last?

8 hours ago, DexAxl said:

Enjoy in the moment. Don't think about that shit, we don't have idea how long it will last. You never know with Axl it can be 20 years and it can be 2 years.

True, at this point they don't need to do anything so everything is a bonus. The big 3 are doing it for the fans and some sense of unfinished business. I feel like they could write the final chapter of GNR with a new record. 

Dicktubes or Bust: The final cocktail. 

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

Axl is capable of not releasing anything. Slash in his band can even make him delay even more worst case scenario. Like if Slash comes up with a brilliant idea why not just tinker with it some more? Fortus said there are 3 albums worth of material and we don't even have an album title.

If another album sees the light of day I don't think it will happen before 2020. Seems like that will be the year that if nothing comes out I'll start to complain even more. This line up needs some time to make money and tour. Then Slash will have to deliver in the studio, I believe he will bring it.

I don't know what Axl's intentions are but I suspect ideally, he'll want to release one more Guns album but he won't release a shit album so it will probably take some time to make it work but maybe I'm wrong.

I could see the second half of CD being left behind. And maybe them working on a new album. Maybe using some Axl, Dizzy and Fortus material but really working the Slash/Duff material. Maybe like UYI where you had Axl n Izzy stuff but then also Slash and Duff songs. 

But we've seen with Chi dem, Better, TIL, Twat how Slash can quickly do his take on CD era material and it's ready to roll. 

It's always the competing with the past element and releasing an album that impacts that hold things up. It has to be right. No filler can pass. It has to be from the heart and capture the spirit of where they are at. In my opinion of course. 

Well, if it turns out my dreams are prophetic then Duff and Slash are in GNR to stay. An album will be dropped toward the middle of the tour. Duff and Melissa are the lead vocals. This tour is only a set up for a change of hands type thing to get people used to the new direction. Axl brought Duff and Slash back into the GNR partnership so they could take back control of the band and he could become a silent partner. Axl is retiring to play with sea turtles.

It is a good thing I don't have prophetic dreams. 

17 hours ago, Billsfan said:

I think it'll last a few years. As long as axl keeps sounding great and the boys are enjoying themselves things will be fine. But I also think continuing beyond next year without new music would be a tough sell for keeping this band relevant to the high standard they are now with the stadium tour. 

Keep in mind all toured CD for 14 years... I want, hope, and expect new music too but I can easily see GnR going for years without it.

I think this Hybrid GnR just might,might lead to a new album.I think it's clear there's gonna be a live album soon.New material is coming how can it not with this fresh line up that's beginning to catch on?

Edited by Vic Sage

2 minutes ago, Vic Sage said:

I think this Hybrid GnR just might,might lead to a new album.I think it's clear there's gonna be a live album soon.New material is coming how can it not with this fresh line up that's beginning to catch on?

How is it clear there will be a live album soon?

Just now, tsinindy said:

How is it clear there will be a live album soon?

You think Geffin is gonna let any of these concerts go without recording at least 1 or 2 dates? A Not In This Lifetime live album seems to be a no brainier for the label.

17 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Another argument could be made that Axl, Richard, and Frank are Guns N Roses..Duff and Slash are simply the touring part of the band. 

On no planet in this universe can that argument be made.

• Like 1

I really hope Slash and Duff will stay, Slash didn't needed GNR to make money he have another band and solo career where he can make money. Imo Axl want to make something really big, he always wanted to make GNR to be new great rock band like Led Zeppelin or Queen in other hand Slash and Duff wanted just to play hard rock like AC/DC for 40 years and don't change shit(no disrespect to AC/DC but really every song is same from beginning to end). So maybe they can find it somewhere in the middle i will like old school stuff mixed with anything Axl have on his mind.

1 hour ago, Vic Sage said:

You think Geffin is gonna let any of these concerts go without recording at least 1 or 2 dates? A Not In This Lifetime live album seems to be a no brainier for the label.

Sure it's a possibility. But it isn't "clear".  The band has a lot of say in that, it is not up to just the label.  

Edited by tsinindy

2 hours ago, liers said:

Keep in mind all toured CD for 14 years... I want, hope, and expect new music too but I can easily see GnR going for years without it.

Sadly I cannot disagree lol. An interview may help the cause here but god forbid anyone from the GNR camp talks...

21 hours ago, DexAxl said:

Enjoy in the moment. Don't think about that shit, we don't have idea how long it will last. You never know with Axl it can be 20 years and it can be 2 years.

Right on!  Do you think they have a spreadsheet the that defines when it's over?  Hell no.  If it's fun and they get creative and fans dig it, this train may run for a long time.  If it bombs out, then all the more reason to enjoy the summer.

Well i don't see Richard frank and dizzy going anywhere,  Axl it depends on what he has planned, Duff and Slash will commit to their other projects during downtime with Guns  but it's Axl Who has the Final say in what Guns will do because if he doesn't wanna make New music or something i think Duff and slash will put full attention to their other stuff and Just move on within 2 years?

I think if it were a goodbye tour they would've paid Izzy whatever he wanted and hired Dr. Drew, Dr. Phil or whatever else it took to keep Adler coherent for a tour.

This feels like it's testing the waters with the possibility of continuing on under the GNR name if all goes well.

the average line up, lasts 3 years

1986 - original line up

1987-1990 - classic line up

1991 - pre ilusions  line up

1992-1993 -illusions/TSI line up

1994 - 1997 - post TSI line up

1998-2000 - pre CD I

2001-2002 - pre CD II

2002-2005 - pre CD III

2006 -2008- pre cd IV

2009 -2015- post CD

2016 - ? - hybrid old+nu guns

It's easy to imagine Slash just going back to his band after this. He was doing just fine before this reunion. But then again, Myles is also part of another band and works with both Alter Bridge and Slash. So if he can be involved in two bands, surely Slash can too. I don't think being too busy has ever been a problem for Slash!

On the other hand, I don't see how Axl could possibly hire another guitarist under the name Guns N' Roses and have most fans' acceptance. It was passable before because "this is the best we're gonna get!" but now that we've been spoiled with Slash & Duff, there's no going back imo

4 hours ago, DexAxl said:

I really hope Slash and Duff will stay, Slash didn't needed GNR to make money he have another band and solo career where he can make money. Imo Axl want to make something really big, he always wanted to make GNR to be new great rock band like Led Zeppelin or Queen in other hand Slash and Duff wanted just to play hard rock like AC/DC for 40 years and don't change shit(no disrespect to AC/DC but really every song is same from beginning to end). So maybe they can find it somewhere in the middle i will like old school stuff mixed with anything Axl have on his mind.

But you have to remember Slash hasn't been playing huge festivals like RIR like Axl has with Guns. And his divorce just took half. He has kids. 

But yes a Guns side of Slash rockers, n' a Roses side of Axl songs.