More Openers Announced!

I'm assuming Matt Sorum isn't still with The Cult because I feel like them opening for GN'R would be huge if he was. I don't really follow his career or if he's still playing with them, but I thought like a year ago he said he was on tour with them on Jimmy Kimmel or something

15 minutes ago, batman007 said:

I am going to both Dallas and Houston. I was having trouble finding someone to go with to the Houston show . And then Skrillex was announced . Mind you , never heard of the person. My cousin called and is in because of him. He likes Guns, but now wants to go because of Skrillex. I had a friend try to convice me today if he can go because of Skrillex . We might not like or agree as forum members, but looks like the plan to fill more seats is going to work. 

Are they paying you for the ticket?

1 minute ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

I'm assuming Matt Sorum isn't still with The Cult because I feel like them opening for GN'R would be huge if he was. I don't really follow his career or if he's still playing with them, but I thought like a year ago he said he was on tour with them on Jimmy Kimmel or something

No, he isn't. He played with them in the late 80s. I saw him play for the Cult prior to him being on GnR, and he stole the show. Ian Astbury was an awesome frontman, but I just remember thinking "Wow- who the fuck is that drummer"? He was absolutely killing it, with a small kit, like 2 cymbals, a high hat, 2 toms, a snare & a bass.

Would be cool if he joined them, but it's not like he was a long time member...

4 hours ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

I meant that as a joke. Sorry. He is not with the Cult anymore. He is playing currently with Hollywood Vampires.

Edited by BigD62

3 minutes ago, john lennon said:

I think I should open for gnr. After all I am Janis Joplin raised from the dead. I still remember can't  Woodstock tho, guess the shit took its toll on me after all. 

Go for it... Will you get mad when we boo or throw shit? Will you demand a chicken wire fence? Cuz it takes balls to open for Guns in Nashville imo...

3 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Go for it... Will you get mad when we boo or throw shit? Will you demand a chicken wire fence? Cuz it takes balls to open for Guns in Nashville imo...

Nah I'm more of a punk kinda chick. I'll just spit right back at yaust spit right back at ya. Maybe flash my tits. Throw some empty beer bottles at ya.

You'd like that, don't lie.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Yeah and even live mixing is like playing an instrument. Some easy instrument but it is. David Guetta and some other EDM shit djs really just go everywhere and press play on the same premade mix of 90 minutes

Right. Anyone that thinks producing to the level of Skrillex is easy either doesn't know music, or has a restricted view of what it is. A lot of skill goes in to crafting songs that he creates, whether you personally like the outcome or not.

Not to mention that he's shown that he's a very dynamic producer too, he can fit into pretty much any genre and execute it well.

2 hours ago, toroymoi said:

Right. Anyone that thinks producing to the level of Skrillex is easy either doesn't know music, or has a restricted view of what it is. A lot of skill goes in to crafting songs that he creates, whether you personally like the outcome or not.

Not to mention that he's shown that he's a very dynamic producer too, he can fit into pretty much any genre and execute it well.

Well I hope he crafts some songs that fits better with GnR and not the, drop acid and bounce around, stuff that I've heard.

Obviously a big AIC fan here but consider yourself stupidly lucky if you catch Chris Stapleton in Nashville. I just got Traveller yesterday and the guy has got some seriously solid shit on him.  From the same scene maybe,  but not Nu Country popsy bollocks by any means. 

• Like 3

On 18. juni 2016 at 2:34 AM, sanity_lost said:

There is not a single act that can open for Guns that will get approval from all the fans. We are very contrary bunch with a wide range of tastes.

Well, if you have a rock n' roll band opening for them, I think there's a much better chance that it will get the approval from most Guns fans..

Having Skrillex open for GN'R is kinda like having Cannibal Corpse open for One Direction.

7 hours ago, Lancelot said:

Well I hope he crafts some songs that fits better with GnR and not the, drop acid and bounce around, stuff that I've heard.

He produced the intro to this song: 

And I don't personally like them, but he produced this song:

Back before he was known as Skrillex, he went by his real name Sonny Moore and was in a post-hardcore band called 'From First to Last'. I'm not even a huge Skrillex fan, I just find his compositions interesting and think it's a disservice to box him in as only being able to create a particular type of music.

Edited by toroymoi

5 hours ago, toroymoi said:

He produced the intro to this song: 

And I don't personally like them, but he produced this song:

Back before he was known as Skrillex, he went by his real name Sonny Moore and was in a post-hardcore band called 'From First to Last'. I'm not even a huge Skrillex fan, I just find his compositions interesting and think it's a disservice to box him in as only being able to create a particular type of music.

There is hope I guess. I am taking my daughter to the concert and when she found out Skrillex was opening she was excited, much to my dismay. Needless to say, I will be in the building when Skrillex is on stage for her. I will come back here and let everyone know how it went. Crowd reaction, ect....

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 5:43 AM, Nicklord said:

Skrillex is awesome. Open your minds just a bit

It's totally different that his place isn't as GnR opening act. It just doesn't make sense for dubstep to open for rock. And since when any electronic music works in a daylight? 

I've never heard of this band. Where are they from and what kind of music do they play?

The 3 times I saw GNR, the openers were horrible. I really wish they would just play by themselves. I paid to see GNR, not some other band that will bore the shit out of me.

If the band doesn't want to pay Izzy, what makes you think they're going to buy an expensive opener who wants much more than exposure to a GNR audience.   For those of you who will be seeing Chris Stapelton as the opener, you are in for a treat.  I saw him recently in San Antonio and it was damn good. 

1 hour ago, Eddie Money said:

If the band doesn't want to pay Izzy, what makes you think they're going to buy an expensive opener who wants much more than exposure to a GNR audience.   For those of you who will be seeing Chris Stapelton as the opener, you are in for a treat.  I saw him recently in San Antonio and it was damn good. 

What are the details on the izzy negotiations Eddie? Any word on who may be opening on the west coast shows?

11 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

@Eddie Money Any chance Stapleton will open the Pittsburgh show?