More Openers Announced!

1 hour ago, AFD5 said:

The dream opener for me would have been Skid Row reunited with Baz but out of all the openers announced The Cult supporting Guns will make for a brilliant gig.

they would apparently rather play bars in front of 4 people than get back together with Bach

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fallglimmer said:

they would apparently rather play bars in front of 4 people than get back together with Bach

It's a shame if they'd just swallow their pride get Baz on board & they would have been on this tour as a support band no problem.

On 7/6/2016 at 4:07 PM, Padme said:

This is great news! Well at least for me. I'm a big Zakk Wylde fan from his days with Ozzy :headbang:

I'm curious as to how Zakk's set will shake out. When I saw him open for GN'R last time, it was with BLS. He's doing a tour this summer to support his second solo album (Book Of Shadows II) and he's got a bunch of dates lined up to support that. Most of that material is accoustic or very laid back, so I'm wondering if he'll switch up his set list for the GN'R show.

54 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm curious as to how Zakk's set will shake out. When I saw him open for GN'R last time, it was with BLS. He's doing a tour this summer to support his second solo album (Book Of Shadows II) and he's got a bunch of dates lined up to support that. Most of that material is accoustic or very laid back, so I'm wondering if he'll switch up his set list for the GN'R show.

I guess his priority is his album. And if he is the opening act for just one show I don't expect many changes. If he is gonna perform with GN'R  more shows (L.A. San Diego) he might do something different. What I'm wondering is if he is gonna play a song or two with GN'R. In Indianapolis 2011 he joined the band for Whole Lotta Rosie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I saw Zakk do an acoustic/piano show a couple years ago and it was fantastic, honestly a 45 minute set of just him, an acoustic guitar and a rhythm guitarist wouldn't be a bad fit (he still uses his pedals for most solos, it's not totally acoustic).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

OK, Seattle, SF, LA, and SD fans, who will it be?

We can only assume the original lineup is coming to the West Coast and no opener?!?!?!?

Seattle and San Francisco could probably be Prophets Of Rage.

For the last three I have no idea, hope for someone well known and not The Dilinger Escape Plan.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I hadn't thought of that, but it would be awesome.

Chris Cornell's tour ends in about 2 weeks I think. He'd be a good one for Seattle at least, if not all the west coast shows...

Yes to Cornell and/or Soundgarden.  That would be choice!

9 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

Yes to Cornell and/or Soundgarden.  That would be choice!

agreed!! Chris Cornell would be awesome! and he was a supporting act with Soundgarden for GNR during the UYI tour. 

On July 10, 2016 at 2:27 PM, AFD5 said:

It's a shame if they'd just swallow their pride get Baz on board & they would have been on this tour as a support band no problem.

I thought Bach solo last GNR tour was even an awesome opener. 

I just Seen Tyler Bryant and the Shakes open for Zakk Wylde in Louisville on Saturday night - Very Impressive act man - Killer Guitar player - 

Edited by TMAC20

I just checked out the Cult's tour dates. They don't have anything else scheduled for the entire month of August besides these GnR show. Maybe they will be the opener the rest of the tour if everyone decides it's going well? :shrugs: I agree it seems weird they haven't announced anyone yet. There will absolutely be an opener though. Guaranteed.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm starting to think they won't announce the Seattle opener til the day of the show...

Or, perhaps as I have been suggesting.......there is something BIG that will happen on the West Coast!

Seattle is Duff's home town.  The band is of course from LA. 

So, maybe a couple of special guests will be joining up.  Get your popcorn and Izzy!