More Openers Announced!

12 hours ago, KeeKat said:

Well, I got my wish for Wolfmother in Pittsburgh! Not sure where you are located, but hope you get them too!

Nope... I'm unfortunately going to the Nashville show and seeing a weak ass country pose... er... "artist" instead. 

*sigh*

7 minutes ago, Nintari said:

Nope... I'm unfortunately going to the Nashville show and seeing a weak ass country pose... er... "artist" instead. 

*sigh*

Stapleton is one of the better openers this tour, and it makes sense in Nashville. I really like this song of his

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Another band who would've been an awesome opener is Tesla. We saw them in Vegas 4/9 on the first show of their current tour, and they were awesome. Too bad they're signed on for the summer to the douchingest tour possible- with REO and Leppard. Tesla was all out no bullshit rock n roll, have a million tunes everyone knows, and certainly would've fit in better with the GnR crowd than the dogshit they're (Tesla) stuck touring with now. REO and Lep should open for them imo...

Also, AIC was much more well received in KC than Vegas, and it showed. They kicked ass.

Edited by Fitha_whiskey
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Stapleton is one of the better openers this tour, and it makes sense in Nashville. I really like this song of his

I don't support musicians who don't write their own music. His latest solo album track listings read like something you'd see on a Bieber album. If you use studio owned song writers to co-write and/or write entire songs, albums and yes, in this guys case, even HITS... I don't want part of you because I considered it fraud.

It's kind of like someone hiring a renowned painter to paint a painting for you, slapping your name on the bottom and selling it. It's totally deceptive, underhanded and shameful imo. I refuse to support that shit.

Edited by Nintari

4 minutes ago, Nintari said:

I don't support musicians who don't write their own music. His latest solo album track listings read like something you'd see on a Bieber album. If you use studio owned song writers to co-write and/or write entire songs, albums and yes, in this guys case, even HITS... I don't want part of you. 

From Wikipedia:

He is an established song writer with six number one hits.

me:

He's been writing them for other people for a while. He's only recently been given the chance to sing them on his own by the Nashville establishment.

15 minutes ago, Nintari said:

I don't support musicians who don't write their own music. His latest solo album track listings read like something you'd see on a Bieber album. If you use studio owned song writers to co-write and/or write entire songs, albums and yes, in this guys case, even HITS... I don't want part of you because I considered it fraud.

It's kind of like someone hiring a renowned painter to paint a painting for you, slapping your name on the bottom and selling it. It's totally deceptive, underhanded and shameful imo. I refuse to support that shit.

On the back of the album every credit is listed for every single song right there. I advise you to look up the definition of fraud. Fitha beat me to it, but the guy wrote enough #1 hits (and for other people!!!) on his own, the guy is the opposite of a fraud..

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nintari said:

Oh man...here we go again.  If you know who Steve Earle is, then you know music and Chris Stapleton is considered by many to be the modern day Steve Earle.  

18 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

might be even better than that..skid row are without a singer right now

One can only hope. Sebastian would take the job without a doubt. Hope they could get along... I mean in a time were Axl and Slash share a stage together, i Think that it shouldn't be impossible for a Skid Row reunion :) 

Dave Sabo and Rachel Bolan are allergic to money.  So maybe Baz is a pain in the ass, but he is a great singer.  Skid Row is nothing without him.

Still no word on the West Coast shows.

Edited by BadApples87
  • Like 1